Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A successful hunt results in a kill. You enjoy hunting. So unless there is a kill, the hunt would not be enjoyable.

View Quote

I beg to differ, I've been hunting hundreds of time and returned home with nothing, yet it was still an enjoyable experience.
I went pheasant hunting later last year, didn't kill anything, after a day of walking thru 7ft tall frosty moist weeds, I still returned home happy at the end of the day. It was one of the funnest days I had all year.  Hunting is more than getting out and killing an animal and going back home. Skill, cunning, being part of the outdoors and,getting out with friends and family thats all part of the hunt too, and just as fun.

Go troll elseware TT.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
TT
I really don't feel I need to explain myself,but here I go.
TT you are no better than I if you eat meat you are in the end responsible for that animals death. You just hired it done.

Trophy animals that I take make excellent table fair. just this week I had some of the best venison nacho's that ever crossed my tongue. Do you like chile, backstrap, breakfast sausage, summer sausage, taco's, tamale's. The list goes on and, on.

I hunt for the challenge and I have a good time doing it whether I kill an animal or not. I do enjoy the experience of killing a trophy animal, and plan on doing it every chance I get. I am a responsible hunter and manage my resource's according the laws in the state's I hunt. I'm a member of several national organization's that are the reason that we have these resources.
I don't want to get into a pissing match with you. I just don't like the way you passed judgment on me. If I read you wrong I'm sorry.
You should come eat supper with us sometime, my wife is a hell of a cook.

Good Huntin

Byron
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A successful hunt results in a kill. You enjoy hunting. So unless there is a kill, the hunt would not be enjoyable.

View Quote

I beg to differ, I've been hunting hundreds of time and returned home with nothing, yet it was still an enjoyable experience.
I went pheasant hunting later last year, didn't kill anything, after a day of walking thru 7ft tall frosty moist weeds, I still returned home happy at the end of the day. It was one of the funnest days I had all year.  Hunting is more than getting out and killing an animal and going back home. Skill, cunning, being part of the outdoors and,getting out with friends and family thats all part of the hunt too, and just as fun.

Go troll elseware TT.
View Quote

Well said BaNo.

As the old saying goes, "A bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Go troll elseware TT.
View Quote

You expressed your opinion as did I. Since when did expressing a differing opinion constitute trolling.

Your remark was uncalled for and juvenile.

TT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I hang their heads on the wall, but their meat is also in the freezer.
View Quote

Big game trophy animals rarely result in meat that is edible. Nothing like an old buck to chow down and down and down on.

I enjoy the challenge of the hunt whether I'm successful or not. Killing the animal is the closing of the deal on a successful hunt.
View Quote

I don't hunt because I enjoy killing
View Quote

Are you sure?

TT [coffee]

View Quote

TT--the meat from "trophy animals" is every bit as palateable as any other.  I know because I've actually killed several "trophies."
View Quote

I lived for the first 15 years of my life eating almost solely wild game. Including "trophy" big game. I speak from extensive personal experience.

A hunt does NOT have to result in a kill to be "successful."  Your insinuation that there is some wanton bloodlust in us for killing is repulsive and just plain foolish.
View Quote

I don't insinuate. I do believe there is some enjoyment that is derived from the hunt AND from the kill. I've seen it, experienced, lived it. I do NOT speak from an inexperienced or theorectical point of view.

Killing is a part of hunting, but it is not the only part, or even the most important part these days.
View Quote

I agree with your statement that the kill is not the only part. Enjoyment of the wilderness, comraderie among hunters, the tracking, etc are all a part that I can understand how one enjoys. I did too. The kill part is what I don't understand when one derives pleasure from it.

Also, in your prior post, you refer to your distaste for killing "living beings."  It is incorrect to call animals "beings."  Humans are beings, animals are animals.
View Quote

By definition you are incorrect. Humans are animals and animals are beings.

You are free to express your opinions,
but you need to expect to be flamed when much of what you post is erroneous.  And, yes, [b]I am sure[/b].
View Quote

How can an opinion based on personal experience be erroneous? That's why it's called an opinion. I think you need a dictionary.

[url=www.websters.com]Dictionary[/url]

Perhaps it would have been slightly more appropriate to say "when what you post is not the opinion of the majority".

TT

Edited to add: What I expect (and invariably this doesn't happen often), when I present an opposing or controversial view, is a response that is informative. An explanation of why someone believes otherwise. I expect the person posting to present an "argument" as why my opinion is incorrect. It's called a discussion. An exchange of ideas. I learn from exchanges that are informative and on occassion my opinion changes because of the views expressed by another.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thesacrafice,
Sorry, don't want to turn you off hunting. What did you think you were gonna see when you went to those clips? I don't want to turn you guys off but, if you have a problem seeing animals getting shot DON'T GO TO MY WEB SITE.
I didn't think I'd have to explain what hunting is like here. I take every effort to make clean and humane kills, that's why I practice a lot. If it make you feel better, he was dead before he quit tumbling.

I sincerely apologize if I've offended anyone.

Byron
View Quote

Don't worry, I have nothing against hunting.  The twitching is just something not attractive me.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
TT
I speak from just a little bit of experience myself. Been eating wild game all of my 39 years. Who's doing the cookin over there? Maybe I can hire me someone to kill, or should I say HARVEST me a young immature doe. Would that be better?

O K you got me TT. I enjoy killin. Do I need help? Is their something I can do to become as enlightened as you?

We can talk about it over supper. My wife is a wonderful cook. You should try her trophy deer steaks. Their to die for. She takes the backstrap, butterflies it, batters it with ranch dressing, rolls it in flour and fries it, makes some gravy and buisquits. Damn, I can't wait till deer season. Got to kill another deer. Hope I don't enjoy it.

I must be one sick individual.

SERIOUSLY: I respect your views TT just don't agree with them. If you choose to hunt GREAT! If you choose not too GREAT! That's what makes this country great. I'll debate anybody on the subject of hunting, on any level, but be prepared this ain't my first bar-b-q. I think , and ,this is my opinion, your views are based more on emotion than fact.

You comin for supper or not. (kidding around again)

Good Huntin

Byron
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
When I go hunting I'm looking to kill something! I too enjoy spending time in the woods even when I come home empty handed. However, my time is very limited now and if I get a chance at legal kill I'm going to end my outing and go home. Especially if it's cold outside. Some people think hunting is walking around in the woods with a gun. That, just hiking with a gun IMHO. I know Byron very well (he's my twin brother) and I have known him to go into the woods even without a gun and he was hunting. There are more aspects to hunting than being able to shoot strait. Some aspects of hunting are down right laborsom. Driving 10 hours one way to a deer lease to scout, set up feeders and stands etc... Driving back each chance you get to check and refill them. I know that even Byron doesn't enjoy all aspects, but he is a very decicated hunter. I'm not qwite as dedicated to hunting as he is.

TT, I'll have to agree with Byron that your opinions are based more on emotions than on fact.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
TT, I'll have to agree with Byron that your opinions are based more on emotions than on fact.
View Quote

All opinions are formulated out of personal experience, education, observation etc. It is impossible to formulate any opinion solely on fact. My opinions take into account the way I feel and the things I observed with a fairly substantial knowledge of physiology and firearms mixed in. Sentiments in contrast usually reflect emotion solely.

Your opinions are formulated in a similar fashion, taking into account the pleasure you derive from all aspects of hunting. Suffice to say, you probably wouldn't hunt unless you derived some pleasure from it.

I am well aware of the different stages of hunting big game, birds and of trapping. I understand the enjoyment in tracking, waiting eagerly for the first day of deer season, the first sound of the geese as they fly south, etc. My experiences were not few. We truly lived off the game we hunted and stretched and sold skins for money. My father was 65 when I was born and I lived a very rural rustic life until he passed away. I had no choice in the lifestyle and in many ways it gave me a true appreciation for wildlife. I have a choice now and I elect not to hunt.

TT [wave]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top