BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/1/2003 6:56:40 AM EDT
[b][red][size=6]PRE-ORDER YOUR AR15.com™ WATCHES ASAP!!!*[/b][/red][/size=6]

[size=1]
*Please note: I do not consider this a group buy since I have received enough pre-orders to cover the minimum number of watches for the first run, and since I have permission from EdAvilaSr to make these watches using the AR15.com name which some group buys do not contain (see below). If you would like to be included in the first run, let me know ASAP and I will see if I can work it in or if I will have extras. If you would like to order a watch in the future, let me know, and I will add you to my list. Once I receive the minimum required for a 2nd run and money is collected, then I can re-order more watches...
[/size=1]

Permission for me to use the AR15.com name on custom watches:

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  10:16:24
Quoted:
Sorry about the IM never answered.I must have deleted it inadvertently but I know I read it!

[red]Go ahead and have this done.[/red]I will buy one, or 4 myself! [:)]
View Quote

I have evaluated the sample watch, and it is very nice. In fact, I am still wearing it.

[b][u]JG's [i]Raener[/i] Men's Diver's watch:[/u][/b]
[list]
[*]Brushed Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet[/*]
[*]Rotating Bezel[size=1]*[/size=1][/*]
[*]Applied and Luminous Markings[/*]
[*]Magnified Date Display[/*]
[*]100 Feet Water Resistant[/*]
[*]Citizen movement (confirmed by local distributor)[/*]
[*]10-year limited warranty covers defects in material or workmanship under normal use. Battery and straps excluded. See warranty booklet included with each watch. Warranty will be covered by the manufacturer, not me.[/*]
[/list]

Sample dial rendering by me:
[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/SampleSub.gif[/img]
*More pics added on page 3.

[u][b]Dial Description:[/b][/u] Will not look exactly the same as the sample rendering above.
[list]
[*]AR15.com in gold lettering with silver outline, positioned in upper half of dial.[/*]
[*]M4 rifle outline in silver, positioned in lower half of dial.[/*]
[*]Watch brand name (JG) may be in small print (not clear at this time, but it is believed it will be removed).[/*]
[/list]

[b][u]Caseback engraving Description:[/b][/u]
[list]
[*]Artwork may be repositioned to allow for import markings for depth and movement type, and may not be lined up with the case.[/*]
[*]Center Top: Waving U.S. flag[/*]
[*]Center: Minuteman to left of 2nd ammendment text[/*]
[*]Bottom: M4 outline with AR15.com lettering to left just under barrel[/*]
[/list]
Sorry, I do not have an individual picture of this, but the image link below shows the caseback design.
[url=xzodus.com/funny_images/sample.gif]Caseback[/url]
(Note: image not displayed since other watch models are shown and might cause confusion as to which watch is the one we are making...)

[b][red]Pricing:[/red][/b][size=1]**[/size=1]
[b]$155 each[/b], delivered to the local 48 states. [b]Sorry, no refunds.[/b]
[red][b]PayPal now accepted. Please add a fee of 3% ($160 per watch): [email protected][/b][/red] (Note: that is an underline character, not a space.)

[b][blue]Note: Anybody may join in on this, until I announce when I will stop taking orders.[/blue][/b]

Please include in your envelope:
1. Printed/typed: your name, your AR15.com nickname, shipping address (not a PO BOX in case I decide to ship with a non-USPS carrier, or you can include both), and phone number where you can be reached in case of problems, etc.
2. Number of watches you want to purchase
3. Money order[size=1]***[/size=1] for the total number of watches you are purchasing.

Send using the United States Postal Service, to:
[b]ADDRESS REMOVED TO PREVENT MORE ORDERS FROM BEING SENT.[/b]

I need a minimum of 12 to make the watches with normal unraised artwork. If we get 25, I will do the raised artwork. Originally, we had more than 80 committed to the original watch. I am thinking we can get 65 or so, maybe even more...

[b]PLEASE EMAIL ME WHEN YOU HAVE SENT YOUR [i]MONEY ORDER[/i]. -Thank You.[/b]
(Use the email button at the top of this post. Include the same information that you mailed me: your name, shipping address, phone number, number of watches you are purchasing, total money order, etc., so that I may contact you in case of any problems.)

[size=1]
*Bezel on sample watch was tight. [s]I sent an email to the distributor concerning this.[/s] [b][red]CORRECTION: Bezel works fine, as I just discovered while messing with it... The way the triangular rounded cuts are on the bezel, it does not allow your fingers to grip it easily for rotating. However, using your fingernails will allow the bezel to turn nicely, and it remains in place once positioned, so bumping it will not easily change its position.[/red][/b]

**All orders are subject to availability of manufacturing components. I cannot be liable for inability to ship due to shortage of components. Also, since I do not have a tax ID, the local distributor will be charging applicable taxes to my order. I will not be providing receipts.

***Sorry, I cannot accept other methods of payment at this time. Money orders are easy to obtain (local USPS, 7-11, bank, grocery store, etc.), and are cheaper than paying an extra percentage for services such as anti-gun PayPal. Please verify it is filled out completely, and maintain the serial number in case it is lost. PayPal is also accepted, as of June 8-- Please be sure to add a fee of 3% ($160 per watch).

****I doubt this will ever happen, but if for some reason the watches cannot be done, I will return money orders, minus any handling fees and postage.
[/size=1]

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, thanks for all your hard work on this.   Many appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
damn i was holding out for the timex

actually the watch is beautiful, excellent job.

i bet you feel like a proctologist,  seeing you had to deal with a ,lot of a as@holes to get  this done.
will send money  monday for two

thanks again, t bob
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
money in the mail tomorrow...

Any word on turn around time?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
money in the mail tomorrow...

Any word on turn around time?
View Quote

Once all of the orders are received and the money is cleared/posted to my account, I will submit the order. They will send me a paper proof to be signed. They say 15-20 business days, if I understand the process correctly. Then add delays due to shipping from them to me, then me to you...

PS: Hopefully everyone jumps on this quickly and gets me the money this week. The local distributor is on vacation this week...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
money is on the way...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#6]
i was originally committed but the money has since been spent be either myself or my wife, probably the latter.

however, if i get some MRE's monday as i'm hoping, i'll once again have some disposable cash and i'll be in, once again.  i'm gonna try like hell anyway.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll get the MO out this week, thanks again Energizer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#10]
money for one will be sent monday or tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i was originally committed but the money has since been spent be either myself or my wife, probably the latter.

however, if i get some MRE's monday as i'm hoping, i'll once again have some disposable cash and i'll be in, once again.  i'm gonna try like hell anyway.

thanks
View Quote

If you really want one and if you don't get the money in time, let me know.

If these are really popular, I will do future runs of this same design and Watch, but don't rely on this because minimum quantities will have to be met, and there will be more setup fees...

PS: I plan on having 1 or 2 extra watches, mainly to show & tell at Gunstock...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey E,

How exactly will the watches be shipped?  The response to this question will determine which shipping address I use.

Thanks for your hard work!  

Oh, and I'm in for 1 watch!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Being the watch whore that I am I'll send my payment out this week, though probably not until Tuesday.

Thanks E!

Sounds like you put a lot of work and frustration into this thing....

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How exactly will the watches be shipped?  The response to this question will determine which shipping address I use.
View Quote

I suggest a street address, in case I am able to find a better deal on shipping from another carrier other than USPS. You could also include a PO Box address in case I decide to use USPS.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Anticipation!!!!!!!!! [bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks!!  Happy this plane finally got off the ground.  I'm still in and will send money manana.  I think you picked the right watch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Postal Money order in the mail tomorrow.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So with the 15-20 lead, does that mean it should be about a month to get it in hand?
View Quote

In theory...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Great looking piece. Thanks for putting in the time and energy to get this done for us. Payment will go out for mine Tuesday......is it here yet......is it here yet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#21]
OOpps: Forgot to mention: When you send your money orders, please include your AR15.com nickname so I know who you are.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OOpps: Forgot to mention: When you send your money orders, please include your AR15.com nickname so I know who you are.
View Quote

this i didnt do...ooops!

it is in the email though...sorry
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Energizer-MO in the mail for one watch
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Update: Still wearing the sample watch since I first got it on Friday afternoon... I wear it day and night. Looks good... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Got the MO today. It'll go out in tomorrow's mail. Sure hope it gets here before the 4th. [:D]

Thanks for all the work on this E. [beer]

Edited to add that I was just informed that this is my Father's Day present! [+]:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn!

Thats a nice lookin watch.

I like the gold letter on the face.

So its $155 total on the MO's including shipping and everything?

When do you need the money by?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Damn!

Thats a nice lookin watch.

I like the gold letter on the face.

So its $155 total on the MO's including shipping and everything?
View Quote

Yep! I factored all of that in when I came up with the total per watch. The local distributor will be charging the sales tax on my order, since it will all be received as one large package locally. [b]Nothing has changed...[/b]

From the first post:
[b][red]Pricing:[/red][/b][size=1]**[/size=1]
[b]$155 each[/b], delivered to the local 48 states. Sorry, no refunds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When do you need the money by?
View Quote

I see you edited your post as I was replying...

I need to receive the money ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Dammit!

I can't really afford it,but that is a great looking watch and I just got my tax return.

You know the previous choices didn't really do much for me,but this one is nice(looks like the Rolex[:)])I think I'm in.

I'll get my info to ya in the next couplea days.

Thanks for your percervierence Energizer,you did a great job of finding the best all around deal and quality.

You got good taste.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Money order will be sent out on 6/3/03.

Nice choice....
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You know the previous choices didn't really do much for me,but this one is nice([red]looks like the Rolex[/red][:)])I think I'm in.
View Quote

Ahh yes. That was my goal-- to find a submariner style watch that would be classy enough, yet sporty, to fit our lifestyle, but affordable enough for the majority (otherwise we would have just got the real thing)...

Fossil was not really what I wanted, but at least I tried to get something that everyone liked. I think its a good thing the evaluation failed. [:D]

Benefits compared to having a real Rolex:
1. a HELL OF A LOT cheaper than a Rolex Submariner
2. No worries about being lost, damaged, stolen, etc.
3. If it breaks, it has a 10 year warranty (isn't Rolex 1 year?)
4. If it breaks for reasons not covered under warranty, we can always do another run...
5. Its personalized for our "team" and what we believe in... Nobody else will have this watch unless they got it through me. [:D]
7. Battery operated Citizen movement: it doesn't tick as nicely as a Rolex automatic, but you don't have to worry about keeping it wound up all the time...
8. Snap-crown is better for resetting time & date, since a screw-down crown, over time, may end up stripping the threads. (I've done this on two of my automatics since I was constantly having to reset the time/date.)
8. 100% stainless steel case and band
9. I went to a local jewelry store that sells used Rolexes. They had a basic black GMT (submariner style) refurbished for over $3K. It looked just like this sample. They saw the sample: at first glance they thought it was a Rolex until I told them immediately that it was not. It looked better than their real one... [:D]
10. Rolex has silk-screend dials too. This watch is basically made up of the same or similar materials as a basic Rolex. Really, the only thing different is the mechanism, screw-down crown, and logo stampings. They both tell time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I am going to buy TWO... [:D]

Each for different occasions...

1. Keep it the way it is
2. Replace the band with a nice black leather strap.

[b][red]PLEASE NOTE[/red]
I know some people may need more links to increase the size of their band. I am not sure how this company handles adding links. They probably charge a couple bucks. Anyway, if you end up having to reduce the size of your band, please keep the links available to other AR15.com team members who may need another link. For me, this watch is just barely too loose after adjusting the clasp to the smallest size. It works for me "as-is"...

(I believe the "add-on" links are all the same size since they know these watches have to be adjusted to increase length or reduce it.)
[/b]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Please note: for those who have not sent their money orders, I added my first initial to my name, in case the banks need it on there for some reason. I doubt they need the first name or initial, but just in case...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Still waiting on replies from the following people who were originally interested in an AR15.com watch, who have yet to respond:

[s]EricTheHun[/s]
EdAvilaSr
Wave
blackmanta
nwatson99
go0n
mag162
Combat_Jack
Chokey
Max_Power
Gunslinger808
green18
[s]FirearmTom1[/s]
[s]hard-case[/s]
crumabn
[s]Anaconda44[/s]
FMJunkie
[s]Kevin_M4[/s]
Fluxion
bobbyjack
Airwolf
Notorious
[s]USPC40[/s]
tz99
longshot_va
vader17
Neanderthal
Niel
sned45
gomer
1GUNRUNNER
Luavul
Keylock
VA-gunnut
randroof
Firepower
CFII
TacticalPenguin
Gator
gaspain
CerebralAssassin
StykUrHedUp
cretescreeder
Oslow
[s]ScaryGuy[/s]
Troy
Irish317
Sniper_408
mmsig229
Gloftoe
ERDL
ResqGuy
DanM
KC0CXA
TxLewis
WHITE_WOLFE
H3At
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Who is the maker?

Thanks

Looks great E

TXL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who is the maker?
View Quote

More on the maker:

1. Citizen movement, confirmed by local distributor.

2. JG is a custom designer that carries this watch in his line of custom Sports watches.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Energizer, I just sent you an IM about the watch. I'm still going to get one. My puter crashed & I just got it back, talk about going cold turky! Thanks again for all of your hard work putting this together!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#39]
money order sent on two watches, didn't put initial on mo though
mailing address is on envelope
thanks alot, you did great  work.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes I am the jackass that had rocks in my combat boots from the other thread. Not to make excuses, but I wasn't a happy camper last week. Dad died, and I had some trouble getting over it. I was in a generally pissy mood and I sincerely apologize Energizer. I really like this new watch, being SS and all. Put me down for one. I'll get the money order out by Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Have you guys been spreading the word...?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yes I am the jackass that had rocks in my combat boots from the other thread. Not to make excuses, but I wasn't a happy camper last week. Dad died, and I had some trouble getting over it. I was in a generally pissy mood and I sincerely apologize Energizer. I really like this new watch, being SS and all. Put me down for one. I'll get the money order out by Wednesday.
View Quote

Sorry. My condolences.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#43]
You can take my name out of the non-responder list....Money Order for one watch sent out this morning!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I was at the Jewelry shop with Energizer the other day.  The watch looked very close to the Rolex that we looked at.  The outer edge of the bezel was even the same kind of cut.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I may have just missed it, but is the window made of some kind of mineral glass, plain glass or what?  I'm hoping for something scratch resistant.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Oh, I should have a money order out to you tomorrow.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Energizer,
Take a pic of your arm and post it so we can see the watch "in action"....
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Energizer,
Take a pic of your arm and post it so we can see the watch "in action"....
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Energizer, my MO will be out today.  I'll e-mail you when it goes out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I like the watch, it looks good.

I did have a few questions:

1. Does the braclet have the "flip lock" device, it helps it from popping open?

2. Is it the same size as the Rolex, (thickness and diameter)?

3. I have never heard of JG, is that a local supplier, can you IM me with his location so I could possibly go put an eyeball on this?

very close to the "SUB"

[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/SampleSub.gif[/img][img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13224[/img]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top