Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like the watch, it looks good.

I did have a few questions:

1. Does the braclet have the "flip lock" device, it helps it from popping open?

2. Is it the same size as the Rolex, (thickness and diameter)?

3. I have never heard of JG, is that a local supplier, can you IM me with his location so I could possibly go put an eyeball on this?
View Quote

1. Yes.

2. Yes. (diameter of bezel, from edge of paint: 35mm, overall diameter from edge of case to tip of crown: 43mm)

3. Not a local supplier, no local location. They only do custom watches [:D].
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I may have just missed it, but is the window made of some kind of mineral glass, plain glass or what?  I'm hoping for something scratch resistant.
View Quote

I keep forgetting to ask this... Thanks for reminding me. Email being sent...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Still waiting for more orders. Will check the PO Box today...

So far, due to various financial reasons, some people may have to decline, or have already declined.

[b]Spread the word... Tell your friends![/b]

I probably will not do another run anytime soon, unless there is enough interest, and just so you know, the prices of the watches may go up on future runs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
3. I have never heard of JG, is that a local supplier, can you IM me with his location so I could possibly go put an eyeball on this?
View Quote

Oh yeah: what part of TX are you in? I can show you the sample... I am bringing the sample to the Gun Show this weekend to show to the DFW crew.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to be so late, [b]Energizer[/b], but I was lost on another 'watch thread' and thought I had already signed up for one!

[:D]

But put me down for ONE!

I'll bring you the money at the Big Town Gun Show!

Is cash acceptable?

Eric The(DoesABearDoHisBusinessInTheWoods?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Count me in.

Money will be sent by end of week.

Thanks again,

Tom
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, I am like a kid waiting for xmas to come!!!!
Hurry the F up already!!!  :)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
For those who need to scrounge up money, wait for payday, etc., I am going to try and wrap things up for the first run by about mid-June, which gives everyone just over a week to get me their money, so it will clear the bank by mid-month...

If anyone needs til the first of July (payday for some), or if you need more time to gather money, let me know and I will see if I can work something out. [b]--I don't want you to miss out because you didn't have a chance to get funding...[/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
MO is on the way!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Pics that I took of the sample watch this afternoon:

[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xzodus.com/funny_images/5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
that baby rocks....[50]
                   [50]
                    [50]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Seeing what the watch looks like on a wrist really makes a difference.  Thanks.  She look great.  I can't wait to get mine.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw the watch in person tonight, and, let me say, it looks insanely cool. I want one, but am poor. I will support anyone who donates to the Johnphin ARFCOM Watch Fund. Thank you! [;D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Johnphin - sell me a really cool gun for $155.  Not Lorcin or Jennings!  AR, S&W, Springfield, Colt, etc?
I promise to sell it back to you for $155 when you get the $$$!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]
[b][red]CORRECTION: Bezel works fine, as I just discovered while messing with it... The way the triangular rounded cuts are on the bezel, it does not allow your fingers to grip it easily for rotating. However, using your fingernails will allow the bezel to turn nicely, and it remains in place once positioned, so bumping it will not easily change its position.[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw the watch in person tonight, and, let me say, it looks insanely cool. I want one, but am poor. I will support anyone who donates to the Johnphin ARFCOM Watch Fund. Thank you! [;D]
View Quote

Well see what you can do, and let me know. I'd hate for you to miss out on this since you did really like it. Maybe you can convince somone in your family that you need this for your wedding gift... hehe.

we'll figure something out. If not, I might be able to buy an extra one and hold onto it for for a short while, until you win the lottery, get a job, or steal the money [:D]...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I am still wondering how I lost my tan in that last picture... the flash didn't fire, so that's not why... ?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Energizer I am still in for one bud, funds will leave tomorrow for the watch.
Thanks
   Neil
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I checked the P.O. box this morning, and found THREE money orders for ONE watch each. [:D]

Counting the number of people who committed to sending money orders, we will barely make the minimum for raised artwork, which is good cus I would have shot myself in the foot if I didn't reach that minimum (error in math hehe).

Now I just have to see if the money orders actually arrive... They will...

Also, I am still waiting on feedback from the local distributor regarding many questions you & I had. Also wanting to re-confirm, again, that there will be NO problems with the raised artwork I have chosen. (I like to be sure of things.)

Soon this will all be worth waiting for. As some have already said, they've seen the sample watch, and it looks great, and is better than the Fossil line, by far. In fact, I took it to Bone Daddy's last night and showed some of the DFW crew... they all liked it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I checked the P.O. box this morning, and found THREE money orders for ONE watch each. [:D]

Counting the number of people who committed to sending money orders, we will barely make the minimum for raised artwork, which is good cus I would have shot myself in the foot if I didn't reach that minimum (error in math hehe).

Now I just have to see if the money orders actually arrive... They will...

Also, I am still waiting on feedback from the local distributor regarding many questions you & I had. Also wanting to re-confirm, again, that there will be NO problems with the raised artwork I have chosen. (I like to be sure of things.)

Soon this will all be worth waiting for. As some have already said, they've seen the sample watch, and it looks great, and is better than the Fossil line, by far. In fact, I took it to Bone Daddy's last night and showed some of the DFW crew... they all liked it.
View Quote

Are u going to post a list of the MOs received?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Money orders received, but may not have been deposited yet:

BigSapper
Sashmore
OldFALGuy
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey Energizer
In the title of the post can you put
"money orders recieved page3"
And keep it updated as they arive
Mine shipped out on tuesday should recieve by friday.

thanks
jeff
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#25]
[red][size=6]INCOMING!!!!!![/size=6][/red]

Sent out the M.O. at 10:30am this morning.

I didn"t know who to make out the money order to, so I put "Mr. M. McCafferty" on it.

Is that OK?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#26]
JohnTheTexican? what happened to your post?

Guys: please inform me, at least via IM, if you change your mind. This way I will not be waiting for your money order that will never come...

Thank You.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyway to get a closeup on the face? Perhaps scanning it face down on a flatbed scanner if you have one? I mean is it any different from the rendering on Page 1?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#28]
It is very different.  It says TOYOTA on it.
It is just a sample of the watch, not the AR15 artwork.

Quoted:
Anyway to get a closeup on the face? Perhaps scanning it face down on a flatbed scanner if you have one? I mean is it any different from the rendering on Page 1?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talking about? The AR15.com watches do not exist yet. I haven't ordered them since I do not have all of the money, which is what this thread is all about...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I have seen the watch in person.  Very good quality watch well worth the purchase.  I am trying hard now to come up with the funds to purchase one myself.   Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey.....

Any hope of a watch of this type for women???  I'd love to get one, if it is at all possible......Please let me know
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey.....

Any hope of a watch of this type for women???  I'd love to get one, if it is at all possible......Please let me know
View Quote

Not unless I can get 25 committed to paying. In previous threads, this was mentioned, but there were only two requests by the same person, but I don't think that person would commit, and at least 23 more were needed...

PS: of course, the artwork would be smaller. You sure you can't wear a "sports" watch in a larger size? Women do it all the time... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have seen the watch in person.  Very good quality watch well worth the purchase.  [red]I am trying hard now to come up with the funds to purchase one myself.[/red]   Thanks!
View Quote

great!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Energizer,
   Money order went out in today's mail!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#36]
OK... so far I have received a total of 15 envelopes. I will review them tonight/tomorrow and post who's I have received.

Others have recently sent me email/IMs stating that money will be sent.

Thank you all for sending the money promptly.

I need AT LEAST 10 more, but more would be better...

*As I originally estimated, most of the people on the original "I will buy the AR15.com watch if around $150" list, have either not responded or have declined.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#37]
You mean the one you wore, the sample, has no artwork yet? My bad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#38]
The MO will be out within the next two days. Originally there was some discussion about paying an extra $5.00 each so we could all chip in to purchase one for you. That's a great idea. Does this $155.00 cover this, or should I send $160.00?????????
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The MO will be out within the next two days. Originally there was some discussion about paying an extra $5.00 each so we could all chip in to purchase one for you. That's a great idea. Does this $155.00 cover this, or should I send $160.00?????????
View Quote

It is not necessary, but the thought is much appreciated. Thanks for the thought though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#40]
[red][b]PayPal is now available.[/b][/red]

Due to the overwhelming demand for PayPal, and that someone pre-credited my email address for a couple watches, I signed up for the basic PayPal account late last night.

Please see the first post for the PayPal information.

I don't know too much about PayPal since I just signed up, but supposedly they charge a percentage for each transaction.

I hope this makes it more convenient for those who cannot get a money order.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:43:27 AM EDT
[#41]
[size=6]FUCK PAYPAL![/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FUCK PAYPAL!
View Quote

Hey: I don't like PayPal either, but I will now use their FREE service to accept money, since it seems to be a popular method of payment. You do not have to use PayPal, its just another option besides money orders or cash.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry Mang!  This is the first day I've been able to get into the site and I was at the boyscout camp with my boys all this week.

Anyway, Pay pal sent.

Thanks!

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Paypal sent for 1 watch.

-Scott
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Paypal sent for one (1) watch.  The photoshop rendering looks good.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Energizer,

Did they ever get back to you about what material the window is made of?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Energizer,

Did they ever get back to you about what material the window is made of?
View Quote

The distributor just called.

Its a scratch resistant mineral glass. So far I haven't scratched it all week (11 days)... [:D] hehe
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#49]
So did you ship mine yet?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So did you ship mine yet?
View Quote

Greeaat... now we are going to start with that... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet"... "are they in yet".........
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top