Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 12:43:18 PM EDT
Who else is gonna watch this?
[url]http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/44_Minutes/site.html[/url]
The site and the previews looks "ok" if not un-pc for Hollyweird tastes.

But Mario Peebles is in it.I remember him from a few flops and never thought of him as a good actor.

Probably a big anti-gun propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I think its all about
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
"the police were armed only with their courage."    huhuhuhu  -Lame. (BS)

"..countless lives were threatened"  huhuhuh -very lame (BS)

This probably was an idea that stemmed off the bowling for comlumbine trend. It will probably suck hard(with teeth).

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]
FX ran an ad in last issue of Guns & Ammo.  I'd like to think the magazine had check the content before printing the ad.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I started a thread about this about a month ago, and I'm pretty certain the movie will be rabidly anti-gun.

Fuck'em, I'm not watching their propaganda...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, here's part of why I'm so suspicious.  This is a crucial time for the future of 'assault' weapons in civilian hands.  The shooting occurred six years ago, and has long been forgotten by the general (sheeple) non-gun owning public.  Seems like an awfully big coincidence to me that they are releasing this movie now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at what this genius wrote on another gun board, about the movie and the effect on the AW ban ...

Shhh...let them think it was all AK-47s and M16s. Hopefully, they'll forget about HK rifles when they make the revised ban...
View Quote

I seriously hope he's joking, but I didn't see any smilies.  If so, I hope the gungrabbers knock on his door first if confiscation ever occurs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
So, do you think that this sensationalized hollywood bilge is an effort to win sheep over in support of the AWB?  Is it odd that it is NOW, after over 6 years, that someone thought that this would make a great movie?  Do you think that the majority of viewers will end their evening thinking that all the kooks want to repeal the ban so that they can own full-auto that will spray a neighborhood with lead, and the AWB has been the only thing saving their lives?
IMO, No good can come of this.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I noticed in all the previews that both bad guys are armed AK47 type rifles. That right there tells me they aren't going to try real hard to do this movie right.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I know its going to be a antigun propaganda piece just from the ads.

Besides the dialogue they show more civilian women and children getting shot, bodies flying through the air, in that 30 seconds than in the entire event in real life.

16 people shot. 11 Cops, 5 civilians all of whom were either driving by in their cars or on the street BLOCKS from the shooting. No civilians were shot deliberately (at least that anyone can tell) by the two robbers.

And the ads focus on pictures of the gunmens AK 47's. They weren't the problem. Their body armor, and the fact that the LA Police Comission had ordered the LAPD to stop issuing slugs for their shotguns because they were "inhumane" on top of a refusal to even consider issuing carbines to patrolmen were the real causes of the problem.

They don't address that at all as far as one can tell.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I noticed in all the previews that both bad guys are armed AK47 type rifles. That right there tells me they aren't going to try real hard to do this movie right.
View Quote

No that part is correct. They both did have full auto AK type weapons with drum magazines. They were illegally rebuilt to full auto by a very compitent gunsmith or machinest. These guys layed out a lot of cash to do these robberies.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#12]
It's been a while, but I could swear only one guy had an AK and the other guy had a HK type of rifle. Can anyone refresh my memory?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I would say that no matter what, all the rapid gun fans here will not be satisfied with any version of the incident, save for one where the network has replaced the bad guys guns with wrist rockets.

The fact is, the police fucked up and allowed themselves to be "out gunned". No coverage of this incident can be done without some hint of the "assault weapons" are bad ideology, becasue in this instance, they were used by two very bad people. The sheeple of America will no doubt interpret this as all "assault weapons" are bad, all the time, and nobody should have them except the po-po.

What should they do, to make it "non-propaganda"? Put a pro-gun cop on the program with a disclaimer advocating guns? Where is the obvious tilt there?

Incidents like this, cause us all trouble down the road.

Bottom line, even if the program has a completly neutral stance (which, I suspect it wont), it will be percieved as bullshit by the gun crowd and as ammo for the grabbers.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#14]
i dont know looks pretty cool, I will watch it and tell you guys if its BS.

but they don't make kevlar stocking caps do they?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I think they did have a couple AKs, HOWEVER they did have a G3.

At first I figured it was an illegal conversion of an HK91, but on the other thread, someone said it was a genuine G3 smuggled in from Mexico I believe.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=182495&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's been a while, but I could swear only one guy had an AK and the other guy had a HK type of rifle. Can anyone refresh my memory?
View Quote

Larry Eugene Phillips Jr. was using an select fire AK with drum mags and Emil Matasareanu a converted BUSHMASTER AR with Beta C Mags. The car trunk had several other weapons including an HK91 and several thousands of rounds of ammo.

All of this will again prove the point that our president and the attourney general are trying to make:

[b]"[The 2nd Amendment is] subject to reasonable restrictions designed to restrict the possession of types of firearms that are particularly suited to criminal misuse."[/b]

Please, please, please, support common sense and reasonable gun safety laws so that law enforcement will never have to be exposed to these types of weapons of mass destruction.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the mouse around gunshot sounds on the FX site.  Probably designed to scare the sheep.

I'll probably watch it even though it's bound to be big-time anti.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
This is part of the full-court press urging the politicos and gaining public support to renew the '94 AW ban.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm willing to bet Imbroglio farts in the middle of the room at family reunions then leaves.
All this movie is movie was made for is to stir up cause for the antis, nothing else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#21]
It was two Norinco underfolder AKs, one G91 HK and one Bushmaster. All originally semi-auto, all converted with very high quality fabricated parts.

The HK had real AP ammo- pulled M2 bullets reloaded into .308 cases. Specifically brought to shoot through the armor-glass panels BofA has installed around their teller counters. They used it to shot out a window in the door leading to behind the teller counter, then one stuck a hand in and unlocked the door.

Don't know why they brought the Bushy, don't recall seeing it used in the footage. Maybe one of them just liked the gun. Most of the video captured them using the AKs with which they did most of their shooting. Used the old Chinese steel core 7.62x39-which was how they were able to shoot through cars, blow divits out of buildings walls-and also why they failed to kill anyone. One officer had the tragic misfortne to be shot through the spine and is a parapaligic now. Of the other 15 people, none spent longer than 2 weeks in the hospital, most were out in 48 hours or less with what were basicly deep stab wounds.

I was going to UCR when this happend, got to study it in great detail. Also touched on it in the History of Organized Crime class I took fall of 98. Guest speeker was a retired SBCSO Sheriffs detective who spent his carrer working biker gangs and was writing a book on them. It was from his lecture I got the bit about the suspicion that the Hollywood robbers weapons may have been rebuilt by someone in one of the biker gang organizations. They have some good machinists among their members, and the tools and skills needed to make custom Harley and auto parts can be used to make firearms parts.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FX is not exactly the most popular cable TV channel.
View Quote

They started advertising it in March just to change that. Its been advertiesed on local Fox outlets and FNC in addition to about once every commercial break on FX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top