Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 2:06:00 AM EDT
I was inspecting my three cats teeth(just like I was told by my vet to do) just a few minutes ago and I noticed that each of them has deep natural lined running down each of the k-9 teeth.

I was wondering where I had seen this before and it hit me! Bayonets and other blades made for stabbing into flesh have these to reduce suction and make retracting the blade out of your opponents flesh easier.

So, do you think this is a natural fix to when cats had to hunt for their food?
Anyone know if my theory is correct?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#1]
M4
They are fangs and if you piss them off they will bite you, then suck your blood out of your body. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they from Transylvania?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah, yes. You have a rare specimen of the Transylvanian Vampire Cat.  Although, their name is actually a misnomer, for their lineage can be traced directly back to Cleopatra and the ancient Pharoahs.

edited for syntax syntax syntax
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds viable.

Blood channel.  Blood groove.  Something like that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I knew there was something evil about them critters.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't let your cats sit on your chest while you sleep, they will suck the life out of you...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Stake that pussy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I knew there was something evil about them critters.
View Quote

And that's exactly why I like them so much.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
some cat fangs are also free floated to allow maximum accuracy when biting...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On the great evolutionary scale of things the kitties that had blood grooves in their teeth were more likely to be able to pull thier teeth out and bite again, thus being able to win the fight to kill their prey, thus being able to eat, thus living longer than the non blood groove kitties, thus having longer to make the beast with two backs with little girly kitties, thus being more likely to pass on the blood groove gene, thus the blood groove on your kitty's teeth.

On well, it sounds good anyway.
View Quote

Hell, I'd buy that. Microevolution works.

J.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wrong.  All wrong.

All cats, being nimble creatures, have lightweight, [b]fluted[/b] fangs.

It's an agility thing.  You dog people wouldn't understand [:D]
View Quote

ahh but only dogs are wise enough to conclude...

If you cant....
eat it, sniff it or screw it the only logical thing to do is [b]piss on it[/b] [snoopy]

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
some cat fangs are also free floated to allow maximum accuracy when biting...[rolleyes]
View Quote

I am trying to fit muzzle brakes on my cats' fangs, but they won't sit still to allow me to pin and solder them on.  See, they are post-ban cats, born after 9/94.

Maybe I should just wait until next Sept, when I can thread them on the little monsters.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I think your cat has the pre-ban fangs. They are probably illegal in MD. [dracula]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bayonets and other blades made for stabbing into flesh have these to reduce suction and make retracting the blade out of your opponents flesh easier.
View Quote

This is actually a misconception.  "Blood-grooves" is a misnomer.  They don't reduce suction and make pulling blades out easier.  They are actually called fullers, and they serve the same exact purpose as fluting on a rifle barrel or temple collumn.  The fullers are there to a)make the knife/sword/bayonet lighter (when properly fullered, tapered, and tempered, this can be anywhere from 20 to 35% lighter), and b)to increase it's rigidness.  This same principle was applied in the development of steel I-beams for construction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top