Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 4:20:08 AM EDT
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lihate0526,0,6639979.story?coll=ny%2Dtop%2Dspan%2Dheadlines[/url]
I understand the KKK aint the boy scouts but the damn LI liberal rag makes this out to be a major weapons bust. I tried to call the PD to see what weapons were illegal and havent gotten any reply yet...doubt I will. I just hate when they show the AR's and AK's out on the table like that...damn anti-gunner's power fuel...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
looks like a couple of nice AR's in the weapons pic!

So, why exactly did he get arrested?

Being a member of the tri K?

Is being a member of the tri K grounds for weapons confiscation?

I don't completely understand this story.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Me neither, that's what I'm trying to find out. A couple times a year this seem's to happen on Long Island and of course Newday eats it up. I don't think being in the Klan is illegal and judging from the low bail it was for some BS charge...I would fiqure...Switch blade or something
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]
It says he was arrested for multiple counts of "Criminal Possesion of a Weapon", which leads me to believe he might have had a prior felony barring him from owning them, but you'd think there'd be more counts with all the arms he had.  Sounds more like their trying to drum up business.  Not that I support KKK, but they have their rights just like I do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
And what cracks me up the most is when they put the godamn defused grenade's out on the table...The same one's any schmuck can buy at a Army/Navy store...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
leadnbrass

And what cracks me up the most is when they put the godamn defused grenade's out on the table...The same one's any schmuck can buy at a Army/Navy store...  
View Quote

I agree. What really suprises me though is the fact that they haven't been beating the "assualt weapons" drum on this.

The lines would go something like this,

"confiscated from an active memeber of the KKK was numerous banned assualt weapons that are capable of a very high rate of fire".
etc, etc, etc, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit....
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the guy wasn't PC enough for the neighborhood.  Unless he was a convicted felon, it sure sounds fishy.  The home-town Barney Fifes appear to have had a field day.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
At least the Stasi were smart enuff to arrest him away from home rather kicking in the door like a bunch of steroid/adrenalin fueled JBT ninjas.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.courts.state.ny.us/cji/265/265-01(1)1.pdf[/url]

Seems like it was for the blackjack's...BASTARDS...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.courts.state.ny.us/cji/265/265-01(1)1.pdf[/url]

Seems like it was for the blackjack's...BASTARDS...
View Quote

Damn, you Yanks have some tough laws.  My little Gerber LST is a banned weapon as the blade can be released by pressing the lock OR "centrifugal" force.  Makes nearly all lockblades prohibited...

I guess those small circular saw blades are also banned as they are capable of being thrown.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So, why exactly did he get arrested?
View Quote

brass knuckles ?? blackjack ??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top