Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:07:19 PM EDT
Link

Cherokee County authorities announced the arrest Wednesday of a former School District police officer in connection with the death of two police K-9s.

At an afternoon news conference, Chief Marshal Ron Hunton announced the arrest of former School Police Lt. Dan Peabody.

Peabody is being held at the Cherokee County Jail on charges of aggravated cruelty to animals and making false statements to officers.

The arrest comes after an investigation by the Cherokee Marshal’s Office, Cherokee Sheriff’s Office, Cherokee County District Attorney’s Office, Cherokee County Solicitor General’s Office and Paulding County Sheriff’s office.

The Aggravated Cruelty to Animal charge comes after Peabody left his partner, K-9 Inca, in his patrol car with no ventilation while the engine was off on June 10.

A necropsy performed by the University of Georgia found that the dog died from heat stroke.
View Quote

The false statement charge is in connection with the death of another police dog, Dale, a yellow lab who was retired from K-9 duty by Cherokee County Police in 2012.

Police turned  the care of Dale over to Peabody after the dog’s retirement, after being assigned to Peabody from 2007 until 2012.

Peabody initially claimed Dale’s death was accidental due to Dale choking on a toy.

But at the news conference, Chief Hunton said the investigation showed evidence Dale was shot and killed by Peabody at his Paulding County home shortly after Dale retired from service.
View Quote

Lt.  Peabody submitted his resignation from the CCSD School Police Department on June 16 and the School Board accepted his resignation at its meeting that evening.  

Peabody is being held at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center under a $22,400 bond.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Who the fuck forgets about their K9?

Who the fuck shoots their K9?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad I can say I moved out of Cherokee County, but only just outside  Sad for those poor dogs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
he obviously thought they were bad dogs
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking turd. Flush him.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

nevermind  I bet he's a real fine fellow with no history of problems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs to be put in a hot car all day.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF? couldn't he find someone else dogs to kill?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh dear
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope one day some large breed clamps on to his nuts

Georgia Values!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Remains of retired K9 exhumed

The former school police officer accused of leaving his canine partner to die in a hot patrol car is also suspected of shooting another K-9 dog and burying it in his backyard, the Cherokee County Marshal’s Office said Wednesday.

Investigators on Monday exhumed the remains of a dog believed to have been Dale, a yellow Lab, which are now being examined for bullet wounds.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, that fucker is a real winner.

What a cunt.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#14]
He committed 2 felonies under GA law.  Dont do the crime if you cant do the time
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm torn on this one. I get it, I really do.

I'm failing to understand how justice would be served by digging up a dead dog in an effort to charge someone criminally with killing their own dog. In fact I would feel my taxes were too high if they could afford that kind of investigation.

I know I will be in the minority here on this, but unless no rapists or murderers on parole in that state due to overcrowding in the prisons, I'm going to have a hard time justifying putting this guy in prison for the death of either dog. Maybe fine the shit out of him and take away his ability to be a cop ever again...
View Quote
I know what you're saying...but what was the cost of the active duty dog?

At the least it should be taken out of his paycheck.

And I still think that cops should be held to a higher standard - carry a badge, fuck up and get more penalized for your fuck ups than a non-LEO.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I really hope one day a pit bull ambushes him, dogs are smart, they know abusers, especially large breeds
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Why would you adopt a dog and then kill it ? At least he has the prison pussy facial hair going on . It will serve him well
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm failing to understand how justice would be served by digging up a dead dog in an effort to charge someone criminally with killing their own dog.
View Quote

He's not being charged with cruelty for shooting the dog. They want to verify he shot it because they believe he lied to the department investigators about the cause of death and they're charging him with false statements.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Not his fault. Just lack of training and low pay.  Totally the fault of civilians.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He's not being charged with cruelty for shooting the dog. They want to verify he shot it because they believe he lied to the department investigators about the cause of death and they're charging him with false statements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm failing to understand how justice would be served by digging up a dead dog in an effort to charge someone criminally with killing their own dog.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the news he told them the dog choked to death on a toy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This where I would normally throw up the link about how a couple of ARFcops argued that it isn't illegal for cops to lie to investigators about killing people but I'm too lazy to dig it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This where I would normally throw up the link about how a couple of ARFcops argued that it isn't illegal for cops to lie to investigators about killing people but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Knowing what I've got to say about your views and values would be a coc violation and that you're a mod, I'll just leave this
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

lol

OK. My values include believing human life is precious and that dirty cops should be in prison. If you have a problem with that, I'm absolutely positive the problem is yours and not mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing what I've got to say about your views and values would be a coc violation and that you're a mod, I'll just leave this

lol

OK. My values include believing human life is precious and that dirty cops should be in prison. If you have a problem with that, I'm absolutely positive the problem is yours and not mine.
Not enough prisons
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm torn on this one. I get it, I really do.

I'm failing to understand how justice would be served by digging up a dead dog in an effort to charge someone criminally with killing their own dog. In fact I would feel my taxes were too high if they could afford that kind of investigation.

I know I will be in the minority here on this, but unless no rapists or murderers on parole in that state due to overcrowding in the prisons, I'm going to have a hard time justifying putting this guy in prison for the death of either dog. Maybe fine the shit out of him and take away his ability to be a cop ever again...
View Quote

I said the same thing in just a couple of lines.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

This.  Cops that go against other cops should be in prison.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the dog was choking and he tried to use the bullet to create a new airway?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone who belongs in the locked ward of a mental hospital.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top