Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
TX is open for bidness.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WA gained "universal background checks" back in 2013 with a retarded initiative that all the democrats voted for. (it would never have made it through normal legislative channels)  It was challenged in court and the case was thrown out because nobody has standing: because they've NEVER prosecuted anyone over it.  Even when people do a transfer right in front of the police, and say that is what they're doing.  Then they claim it is a 1st amendment political statement and thus won't prosecute!  WTF.   This topic makes me so mad.  On the upside we have gotten silencers and SBRs legal again in recent years.  MGs and SBSs aren't likely though.

So we have them, but it isn't enforced (without a sting operation it is impossible to enforce as there are no records about who owns what firearm when).  Immediate family is exempted, and I don't know the legal framework around family definitions.  Aren't we all brothers and sisters of humanity?  F-em, I never sell anything anyway.  FFLs all charge a transfer fee to perform the service, $25-50, up to them what they charge.
View Quote

In CA it is capped at $10 by law.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You forgot IL, its not exactly a BG check but I believe they still keep the info. Some have said that its just to check if a foid is valid since people have ran their foid thru it a bunch of times to see if it triggers something but you have to wonder why they would issue a transaction number which means they have to keep some type of record.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
everyone except California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington State and D.C

You forgot IL, its not exactly a BG check but I believe they still keep the info. Some have said that its just to check if a foid is valid since people have ran their foid thru it a bunch of times to see if it triggers something but you have to wonder why they would issue a transaction number which means they have to keep some type of record.

And New Jersey
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Florida does. But personally, I only sell FTF to people who possess a CWL, and I write up a bill of sale.
View Quote

So, I take it you're down for universal background checks?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
GTG in Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
everyone except California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington State and D.C
View Quote

Surprised PN, MD and MA aren't on that list
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
SC is still a free state.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Michigan allows private party sales of long guns, nothing is required.

The buyer does have to go get a pistol purchase permit for a handgun.
View Quote

This, but they don't do a background check when you get the permit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
TN, FTMFW
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
PA is long guns only.

No check required for immediate family for handguns or long guns.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top