Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/18/2016 11:45:40 PM EDT
http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_383282/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=m2NbeLGj

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Bo Frank and his partner Thomas Luna were there when little Sakoda Frank was born six years ago. They adopted the baby boy and raised him as their own.

But last Christmas, Sakoda declared that she was a girl.

"From the time she was two to four, that's all I heard: 'I wish I was a girl, I wish I was a girl,'" said father Bo Frank.

"And then when I was five, I became a girl!" exclaimed Sakoda, sitting in Frank's lap.

"She said, 'Dad, I am a girl,'" Frank continued. "And at this point, you know -- stuff got real."

At first, it was a difficult situation for her parents, even though they say there were signs as Sakoda grew older.

"We'd hand her a football. She'd get rid of it and go get a doll," said Frank. "We'd give her Spider Man or Iron Man, and she'd go to Hello Kitty. You know, she always gravitated to those kinds of things, so it wasn't that big of a surprise."

Even though it wasn't that big of a surprise, Frank said, "You have hopes and dreams for your child, and then when something like that comes about, all these worries pop into your head. Is she going to be safe? Yeah, she's safe when she's with us. But when she's not with us, are people going to tease her? Are they going to pick on her? Are they going to hurt her?"

So far, the family members say they've been very lucky. Her older brother has accepted the change, and they've received support from their friends and her school, which allows her to use the girls restroom.

But how does a young child make such a decision?

"I tell them it's not a decision," Frank responded. "That's who they are, and they know who they are."

Frank and Luna recently stepped down as cheerleading coaches at Radford High School after winning eleven straight state titles so that they could focus on their family. They're also pleased that the state Department of Education is working on a policy for transgender students.

Frank said most people don't know the difference between sex and gender.

"Sex is anatomically and biologically what makes you male or female," he said. Gender is more like social, psychological and emotional characteristics that are influenced by society."

Six-year-old Sakoda said she is transgender. When asked what that means, she replied, "Where a girl feels like a boy and a boy feels like a girl."

"Pretty good definition," said Frank.

Frank said the family decided to go public after the mass shooting in Orlando that killed 49 people at a nightclub.

"The whole Orlando thing just brought stuff into perspective for us, you know? The community faces a lot of challenges, and by sharing our story I think we can help other people with transgender children."

There are still many worries ahead as she grows up, but the family said it is prepared.

"It was hard. It was hard," said Frank. "But seeing how happy she is, getting to wear that dress she always wanted, or putting up her hair with the bow -- I mean all that worry just goes away."
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I want off this fucking planet.

[ETA] On second thought, it's not I that needs to leave the planet...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit's fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
the end is near  and thank God I been prepping
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#7]
That's what used to be called child abuse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Kid should be pretty squared away as it grows up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
this is messed up. shouldn't he wait untl puberty?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#10]
When I was a kid, the kid didn't tell the parent how the world ran....And parents didn't encourage them to do so. Ok Johnny you want to do girl stuff fine, but you're a boy. Use the boys room!  Until they go through puberty discourage the behavior. Many go through phases when they want to be something else or someone else. To me this is child abuse at this age.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kid should be pretty squared away as it grows up.
View Quote

Well, both parents are dudes. So, the household isn't typical.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#13]
It will be disappointed when puberty shows up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Untreated mental illness is sad.
Untreated mental illness that's glamorized and normalized and promoted is worse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Call me old fashioned.
You aren't qualified to make this call for yourself until you hit puberty.

One old un-pc man's opinion.

These.  Hey, let's allow queer "marriage", and let the two who CANNOT reproduce adopt children into their unnatural relationship.  It's not like anyone besides the two queers are in any way effected by it...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure the "parents" had nothing to do with this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Child abuse is a helluva drug, apparently.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Dysfunctional family, dysfunctional child.

Not too damn hard to figure out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Parents have victimized themselves with confirmation bias of their own bullshit opinions.

They have victimized their kid as well.  Once they approve the "crossing over": surgery for their kid, the abuse will be devastating.

Fucking kid doesn't even have a sexual identity yet, and these fucking morons are assigning all sorts of adult logic to it (projecting their perverse desire that their kid will (a) "be just like them" and (b) allowing them some popularity in their little community).  It's better than being able to brag that little Jimmy won the spelling bee.  

It's like me saying that my dog staring off into space is proof he's contemplating the existence of God.  

Morons.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure the "parents" had nothing to do with this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#21]

"We'd hand her a football. She'd get rid of it and go get a doll," said Frank. "We'd give her Spider Man or Iron Man, and she'd go to Hello Kitty. You know, she always gravitated to those kinds of things, so it wasn't that big of a surprise."
View Quote

It's amazing how all the "gendered toys" thing the left screams about gets thrown out the window so quickly.

Also that this is what some people think "makes you a girl".
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's amazing how all the "gendered toys" thing the left screams about gets thrown out the window so quickly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Makes you wonder where they're getting these Hello Kitty stuff and dolls around the house in the first place if it's an all-male household.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Why is every kid that lies girly things a tranny now? Can't they just be a fag?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Starts with the parents
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
My son says that he's Optimus Prime. Doesn't make it true.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
they should be charged with Child Abuse.

the American Academy of Pediatricians concurs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish it wasn't so.

Parents that live vicariously is nothing new.

Unfortunately , these days the stakes are higher.

These people that think they are so forward thinking, progressive , and enlightened. Simply do not know what they are in for.

They have championed a future generation of sociopathic narcissists. Some things can't be undone overnight.

I'm sorry, but this will hurt. A lot....

One of these days you will look upon the disaster that stands in front of you and know, that you are to blame.

Yayyyy diversity
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wish it wasn't so.

Parents that live vicariously is nothing new.

Unfortunately , these days the stakes are higher.

These people that think they are so forward thinking, progressive , and enlightened. Simply do not know what they are in for.

They have championed a future generation of sociopathic narcissists. Some things can't be undone overnight.

I'm sorry, but this will hurt. A lot....

One of these days you will look upon the disaster that stands in front of you and know, that you are to blame.

Yayyyy diversity
View Quote

Oh, the "parents" know exactly what they're doing. It's two guys. I'm positive the kid didn't decide this on his own.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
And his parter
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Liberalism is where a man can say he's a woman and you don't question it.

But a terrorist can declare himself to be a member of ISIS and you need to study and question his real, true motivation.

View Quote

That's amazing.  QFT!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Who's the boy's original parents, and what issues with them? Boy must have had issues to begin with, including abandonment by parents and stuck with two gay men.

Fine being gay but to raise a family messes the kids up
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Weren't there two previous cases, very similar, where the parents were gay activists?

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll be the first to admit, this can be a very strange place
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Parents have victimized themselves with confirmation bias of their own bullshit opinions.
They have victimized their kid as well.  Once they approve the "crossing over": surgery for their kid, the abuse will be devastating.
Fucking kid doesn't even have a sexual identity yet, and these fucking morons are assigning all sorts of adult logic to it (projecting their perverse desire that their kid will (a) "be just like them" and (b) allowing them some popularity in their little community).  It's better than being able to brag that little Jimmy won the spelling bee.  
It's like me saying that my dog staring off into space is proof he's contemplating the existence of God.  
Morons.
View Quote
You nailed it perfectly. In their crazy fucking reality, they probably believe that being homosexual partners and having a transgendered child somehow elevates their status to celebrities in their community. They couldn't have had just a normal Hetero child, that would have been too mundane for their refined progressive palettes.The child shouldn't even be dealing with gender issues at this point but it was forced on him. Poor fucker never stood a chance. Welcome to a world where those freaks create designer children with gender issues of their choosing! Collect them all!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#37]

The photo says it all. The dads were both cheer coaches and that's all the little boy was exposed to. He wanted to be a girl so he could be one of their cheerleaders and have the love of the dads. He wanted to play with the doll because everybody he was exposed to was playing with dolls.

Fucked up parents = fucked up childhood.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Call me old fashioned.
You aren't qualified to make this call for yourself until you hit puberty.

One old un-pc man's opinion.
View Quote

anyone who makes that call is unqualified for sanity....

seriously old un-pc man's opinion and the nation's for over 200 yrs until about 30 yrs ago...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Holy hell, what a twisted world we live in these days...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
the end is near  and thank God I been prepping
View Quote

many hear believe that had the inhabitants of Sodom & Gomorrah had guns the outcome would have been not only different but better....
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shit's fucked up.
View Quote

When the gay marriage thing came up people on this site fell all over each other to say how it was no big deal. The lies and bullshit in this country keep piling higher and higher.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Heather has two mommies, and Sakoda has two daddies.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When the gay marriage thing came up people on this site fell all over each other to say how it was no big deal. The lies and bullshit in this country keep piling higher and higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit's fucked up.

Yup.  And, you cannot live on bullshit forever.  Sooner or later, the bill comes due...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#44]
The X and the Y, they don't lie
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#45]
My rustic cabin in a very secluded setting dream is sounding better and better every day.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Does the boy still have his junk?  If yes then he is a boy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't care.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Does the boy still have his junk?  If yes then he is a boy.
View Quote

Don't worry, Bo and Tom are already trying to find a doctor negligent enough to give their kid hormones and mutilate his junk.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Untreated mental illness is sad.
Untreated mental illness that's glamorized and normalized and promoted is worse.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Clearly he wanted to grow up to be a girl just like his 2 daddies.

God help us.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top