BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 12:45:20 AM EDT

Customs Agents Find 100 Sub-Machine Guns, Grenades At Border
Former Gunsmith Arrested

POSTED: 10:17 a.m. EDT May 14, 2003
UPDATED: 10:42 p.m. EDT May 14, 2003

CHAMPLAIN, N.Y. -- Customs agents seized more than 100 machine guns and a cache of grenades from three vans trying to cross into Canada from Champlain, N.Y., Wednesday.

Stanley Brendenburg, a former gunsmith from Connecticut, faces hundreds of charges. He told customs agents he was moving to Alaska.

Police said the weapons were hidden inside furniture. They don't believe there's any kind of a link to terrorism.
Copyright 2003 by TheChamplainChannel.com.
View Quote

[url=http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/news/2202654/detail.html][Link to Story][/url]

Anyone up near Champlain familiar with this story?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't a lot of details on the news other than it didn't look like "100 machineguns" laying on the table to me. I never saw the agents sowing off any of the "grenades" or toting Uzi's like they usually do. Gut tells me this is blown Waaaaaaaaayyyyy out of proportion since is has dropped completely off the radar now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]

If I was moving to Alaska with all of my guns I'd drive to Seattle and right onto a barge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top