Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 6:01:04 AM EDT
I picked up a DVD set of "The Shield" TV series first season.

This is easily some of the best TV entertainment I've seen in years.

Question - was the second season as good as the first 6 episodes I've watched so far?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The second season was better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get the set? I have wanted to get it but I havent seen it yet. And yes season 2 was better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought it at "Best Buy" - you can buy it from their web page, here's the link right to it :

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo.asp?m=270&e=11184917
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
When does Season 3 (of what, in my opinion, is the BEST TV show to come down the pike in a LONG time) begin?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
If it follows the pattern of prior years, it should begin in January.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it follows the pattern of prior years, it should begin in January.
View Quote

SIX MORE MONTHS? [>Q]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When does Season 3 (of what, in my opinion, is the BEST TV show to come down the pike in a LONG time) begin?
View Quote

I agree completely.  Loved that stove top takedown arrest.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Spoiler: If you haven't seen season 2 don't read this post.
[white]How are they suppose to make a season 3? They pretty much made it so there can't be a prequel because season 1 was the beggining of the station in that district. Then they broke up the farm at the end. Think about it. All the cast is gone. Who would be in season 3? Maki wouldn't work for Claudette so he would leave, there goes the strike team. The central character is gone. They can't have 11 episodes of Maki and Claudette going at it. Asceveda is on the city council, so he is gone. He can only play a minor role now like Gilroy did in season 1. Julian is busted up, so I can't imagine him sticking around, and Danni is leaving because the strike team fucked her over with the whole Armadillo thing. That leaves Dutch and Claudette, the two most boring characters in the show.  Initially, it was suppose to be a one time thing. I remember hearing that Shawn Ryan thought that it would not be very successful but the first season went so well that he had to change the ending. Originally, Maki was suppose to go down the first season, but since it went so well, Gilroy went down. I highly doubt there will be a season 3. It is sad because I think this was bar none the best TV show (except for the simpsons of course). I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.[/white]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Season 2 was every bit as good or better than season 1.

I can see many possibilities for a season 3. You can bet FX isn't going to kill it now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Possible spoiler>

How can you come up with there being no room for a 3rd season in the storyline?  There is plenty of places the show could go.  The Strike team basically got a reprieve, and with the money train takedown there is now alot of story left to tell about getting away with all that, etc.  Dutch is going to be investigating it/suspecting the Strike Team, etc.  There is going to be new turmoil between Claudette and the Strike Team.  They deliberately left the show open for a 3rd season, in no way did they end it...

Pretty sure they've been running commercials lately that appear to indicate there will indeed be a 3rd season too.  Nothing direct, just new general FX advertisements that have several members of the Shield cast in it along with all of FX's new or upcoming stuff.  Certainly implies The Shield will still be on their original's lineup in the future.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, that show was making so much money for FX that I can almost guarantee a Season 3.

Those guys aren't stupid, you know...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
There will be a third season. Michael Chikliss has already been signed for it. Claudette will be in charge now and Mackie and the Strike Team will have to come up with new ways to dodge the heat, but they are all millionaires now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top