Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 4:09:20 AM EDT
[url]http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,58914,00.html[/url]

If anyone grabs you while you are wearing the jacket, they receive a 80,000 volt shock.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]When charged, the jacket crackles audibly. A pair of slits in the outer lining shows the electric arcs that course across the entire middle layer. It's an impressive display of the jacket's power. [/i]

Dude, I am so going to be a crossdresser in order to wear something as cool as that shit.  Electrical arcs up and down the jacket, it don't get much cooler than that shit.  I can be just like the characters on Dragonball Z.  Ha me, ka me, HA!  Or maybe like a super ninja.  They are so sweet and have real ultimate power.

It's probably already illegal in every state where it could be of use, say like NY.

Guess I should start the situps now.  [headbang]

[img]http://www.wired.com/news/images/thumbs/3_t.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder what happens on a rainy day?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#3]
21st century joy-buzzer!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
"I've never had an occasion to use it," she said. "I guess I don't lead a very hazardous or frightened life. I'm not the kind of person who carries pepper spray in my purse.... My life is such that I don't need to be afraid."
View Quote

Bhaaaa Bhaaaaa Bhaaaaa

The scariest statement I've read in a long time.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Just hope one of them don't bump into me
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
One of two things will happen:

1)  A criminal will elude capture by using one of these jackets.  Result they will be banned.

2)  A criminal will get a heart attack while trying to rape a woman wearing one and then sue the woman for $1.5 billion dollars and win. Then Hillary, McCarthy and Schumer will ban them because criminals should have the right to rape defenseless women.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]
should i feel worried that even in an electrified jacket
that girl is still a looker.

cool jacket though
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]
...but can I get it in MARPAT though? [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top