Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 2:23:06 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/22/britney.auction/[/url]

Chance to buy a bit of Britney Spears

Thursday, May 22, 2003 Posted: 10:38 PM EDT (0238 GMT)

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/22/britney.auction/vert.spears.auction.ap.jpg[/img]

Britney Spears poses for photographers beside an auction piece.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- If you want to spend some "quality time" with Britney Spears, or dance around in some of her more famous costumes, or read her old book reports -- now is your chance!

The 21-year-old pop star has donated 170 personal items and memorabilia -- including more than 60 stage costumes -- that will go to the highest bidder in an online auction that began Thursday.

"It was hard to part with some of the things, but it is for a good cause," Spears told reporters. Proceeds from the auction will benefit The Britney Spears Foundation, a three-year-old charity that maintains a camp for kids pursuing the performing arts.

Among the items: junior high school book reports in which Britney reviews books, including, "No Talent Kid" by Kurt Vonnegut and "Antigone" by Rex Warner. Collectors can read Britney's hand-written thoughts and her teacher's corrections and grade -- 88.

Also on the auction block: Small, well-worn, pink ballet slippers and dance recital costumes Spears wore as a child. Organizers predicted the costumes would fetch upwards of $1,000 in opening bids. Childhood artwork is up for sale, too, like the handprints a 5-year-old Spears painted in 1987. Opening bid: $300-$500. Spears is also giving up a greeting card she made for her grandmother -- opening bid: $150-$200.

Fans can find Britney's first publicity photograph, a cover letter announcing her first record contract, and the "Britney" embroidered mouse ears the then-budding star wore in 1993 as a member of the Mickey Mouse Club. Signed photographs and posters are going for $150-$200.

Big-ticket items include stage costumes, like the white, Peter Pan-collared blouse worn onstage with a plaid skirt during her 2000 "Oops... I Did It Again" tour. She's also selling two outfits she wore while performing at the 2000 Grammy Awards. Opening bids on the orange gown with a rainbow tulle skirt she donned for a performance of "Bottom of My Broken Heart" and the red cut-out pantsuit she wore while singing "Oops.. I Did It Again" will start at $1,500 apiece.

More recent costumes include a green harem costume Spears wore onstage during the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. Bidding for that one will start at $2,000.

Fans can get some "quality time" with Spears by bidding on special passes to her next concert tour or a 10-day trip to The Britney Spears Camp for the Performing Arts, which is listed as "priceless."

Spears told CNN the possession she found hardest to part with was a silver picture frame her grandmother had given her.

At least one item was just "too sentimental," Spears said. At the last minute, she decided she couldn't give away the costume she wore as an 11-year-old during her first appearance in 1992 on the television talent show "Star Search." She lost.

Spears' first album, "Baby One More Time" debuted in 1998 and shot to the top of the charts. Two years later, her second release, "Oops ... I Did It Again," found similar success on the charts. She released her most recent album, "Britney" in 2001 to lukewarm reviews and sales. She says she is currently working on a fourth.

The online auction runs for two weeks and will close June 5. The items can be found on www.gottahaveit.com.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No dinero but I'd hit it!

I might add, she's a good person for donating stuff where the proceeds benefit little kiddies.  Most of these Hollywood pukes take, take, take and don't ever give anything back.

Even Bill Gates is a big time philanthropist who donates millions a year to his foundation.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I would buy her crap filled panties!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Britney panties. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=10247[/img]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how she did it, but she got hotter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I just hit it!!

[naughty]
[smoke]

JK.. She is hot though..
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh all the poor kittens.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd rent her.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll second that..

Oh, the kittens...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Britney Spears is living proof of the existence of genetic engineering.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't care!! I'd still hit it so hard its grandchildren's pooters would be hogged out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#11]
[b][size=5]YOU SICK SONS OF BITCHES!![/SIZE=5][/b]

oh yeah: id probably hit it too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Britney Spears!  Oh Yeah. [sex]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Somehow I think if she really wanted to give clothes to raise money, well worn unwashed panties would be the way to go, with a photo of each pair perched on her hot bod, I know the opening bids would be more than $1,500.00 for some dumb shorts, imagine brittney snail trails through the cotton crotch, with all refreshing invigorating scents intact, and pre-ban to boot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Somehow I think if she really wanted to give clothes to raise money, well worn unwashed panties would be the way to go, with a photo of each pair perched on her hot bod, I know the opening bids would be more than $1,500.00 for some dumb shorts, imagine brittney snail trails through the cotton crotch, with all refreshing invigorating scents intact, and pre-ban to boot.
View Quote

And on that note I will start the bidding at one IBTL....Do I hear two?

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chance to buy a bit of Britney Spears.
View Quote

Buy? No thanks, get back to me when she decides to rent herself.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know man, she's really not lookin' that great these days...[puke]

[img]http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003180388,00.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh to be that Starbucks straw.[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And on that note I will start the bidding at one IBTL....Do I hear two?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Did she ever really look hot?

I think people want her more because then they could say I banged Britney Stars not because she is so hot. Its people to dam fascinated with being a celebrity.

I have seen hoter girls in my day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, wonder if she washed them![sex]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Look at her upper arms. She definitely has the fat gene. It's only a matter of time....
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Even Bill Gates is a big time philanthropist who donates millions a year to his foundation.
View Quote

He only started being any sort of phianthropist in the last 2 years.

The man is still scum.

And now I would not hit it. Who how where it has been.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look at her upper arms. She definitely has the fat gene. It's only a matter of time....
View Quote

Nothing 4 hours a day on the stairmaster can't fix.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got two "IBTL's", do I hear three!
(Tell her not to talk with her mouth full)[:O]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#26]
IBTL [;D]

So, How much for Panties/Bra combo? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[red]
He only started being any sort of phianthropist in the last 2 years.[/red]

The man is still scum.

And now I would not hit it. Who how where it has been.
View Quote

Uh, does it make a difference?

Why don't you take a look and see where him and his wife's foundation is ranked in the US.

And you were one of the victims of his evil empire?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know man, she's really not lookin' that great these days...[puke]

[url]http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003180388,00.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Hey I thought she like hanging out at the CoffeBean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top