Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 2:53:49 PM EDT
Or black depending on what color you are now.
If you could choose to change your "race" to asian, hispanic, black etc would you?
I wouldnt. I love being white and am proud of my culture and history.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the color I am, and I like being this color; though the Irish in me could do with a little natural sunscreen, burning in the summer sucks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah no shit, Im so white I glow in the dark except for these damn freckles. Irishness is good though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The benifit of me giving up white would be being able to get into any school I wanted.  And be able to get promoted because i'm the only minority.

Other than that I dont think I would want to give it up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
No.

Edited to say that if I could be MARPAT, maybe!

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The benifit of me giving up white would be being able to get into any school I wanted.  And be able to get promoted because i'm the only minority, even if im not qualified.

View Quote

(sput, sputter) Why, why you rascist you!!![:D]

IBTL [snoopy]

This baby's gonna flame so fast, I may not make the post!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't mind being striped.  Yellow and Blue, like my race car.  I think that would be pretty cool.  And polka-dots on my feet, just my feet.  Anything beyond that would be kinda' weird, ya' know?

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.

Edited to say that if I could be MARPAT, maybe!

[:D]
View Quote

You're a disgrace to your race!!![:D]

Not only that, but you'd have marines kicking your ass all day!!! [snoopy]

IBTL+1 (for those it irritates the shit out of! [;D])
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The benifit of me giving up white would be being able to get into any school I wanted.  And be able to get promoted because i'm the only minority, even if im not qualified.

View Quote

At the risk of adding fuel to the fire I will add this:

In the Engineering department of a school Im familiar with, many of the faculty and staff receive tri-yearly memos reminding them that the school "needs a more diverse culture of graduates".

So, what's the motivation if they can pass without any effort at all?

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
After seeing Michael Jackson giving up being Black, I'd wouldn't change my race.(white)
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not [i]white[/i], I'm [i]Pigment Challenged[/i]
You bigot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I am used to the way I look.  But I am not "proud of my race" because I didn't have any part in choosing it.  It's just an accident of birth.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I would'nt mind being of the dildo race.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
FUCK NO!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#15]
what am i giving up being white for?

do i get to be black AND a millionaire or something?

i would say all races have advantages and disadvantages, i might as well stick with white instead of having to figure out a slightly foreign culture.

and if you think that being white currently makes you king turd of shit mountain, realize that we are rapidly becoming a minority in this country.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
what am i giving up being white for?

do i get to be black AND a millionaire or something?

i would say all races have advantages and disadvantages, i might as well stick with white instead of having to figure out a slightly foreign culture.

and if you think that being white currently makes you king turd of shit mountain, realize that we are rapidly becoming a minority in this country.
View Quote

You would be giving up one color for another you cant be both so by definition you would have to give up being whatever color you are now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
As a halfbreed (mexican/white with a smidgen of indian) im not mexican enough for the mexicans, (I dont speaka the languitch)  and not white enough to pass as white.

as for my mexican heritage, there arent a whole lot of noteworthy mexican contributions that i'm aware of (human sacrifice?  tequila?  the donkey show?  the siesta?) outside of the culinary realm.

since i identify with white culture, i pretty much just consider myself white.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
can i be glow in the dark you know that pale green that glows once it is charged in some light?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Being White is cool. The White race is the dominant one in the world.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Mmmm, nah.  I think I'll ride this "white" thing out, see where it takes me.(or more accurately, where I can take it)
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Proud to be white. Wouldn't be any other color.

[red]edited to remove race baiting comment....EA [/red]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would'nt mind being of the dildo race.
View Quote
You would if you belonged to a gay guy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
White is OK, I guess...can I have just a black weiner? [;)]
View Quote

Where do you want the black guy to put his wiener?
(sorry, couldn't resist)
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top