Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 3:26:38 PM EDT
Yup, and it will be televised on July 5 on ESPN 2.

I'll be te guy in teh bright orange and blue mountain biking shirt.

Range is near where I mountain bike, so I headed over there after.

About 200 SWAT guys (and a gal or two) doing house clearing, shotgun, and sniper / rescue missions.

Some pretty cool equipment. And no offense, but these guys are NOT really crack shots. Prolly due to budget cuts and extensive paperwork time which SHOULD be spent shooting.

ALOT of ex-military, squared away folk tho. So it seemed.

And ALOT of cool equip. Lots og glocks (the exception to the "cool equip" comment above) M4's, and bolt sniper rifles.

I only got to see teh sniper / rescue competition. Scout / sniper team would go up the hill, and engage targets at 150 - 200 yards. Rescue team would charge about 40 yards, and engage pepper poppers from about 15 yards away. (This is where it became obvious to me, they didn't get alot of seat time with their handguns. Either that or them frikken Glocks just suck  [:D]  )

One scout was toting an H&K

Pretty cool, and so close to my house.

Look for me on da TV.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Just watch out for the Waco reenactment...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
gold medals to the team that can "no-knock" the wrong address and give a little old lady a heart attack in the least amount of time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys are SOOOO jaded.....

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top