Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 11:07:27 PM EDT
Sorry if this might be clone, didn't see it in search.  Found it over at Sigforum.com

[b]to be released during the 04 election season...

[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/mdisney.htm/[/url]

MICKEY MOORE: DISNEY TO FINANCE NEW BUSH-BASHING DOCUMENTARY

DISNEY's modern-day magic kingdom has room for all: Now joining Mickey and Minnie and Pooh bear and Goofy -- is Hollywood badboy Michael Moore, the DRUDGE REPORT explains.

The WALT DISNEY CO. is set to spend millions financing a new explosive Bush-bashing documentary from Michael Moore [BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE] -- a documentary which claims bin Laden was greatly enriched by the Bush family!

DISNEY, via subsidiary MIRAMAX, has agreed to cover the production costs, said to be in the millions, of Moore's planned FAHRENHEIT 911.

"The primary thrust of the new film is what has happened to the country since Sept. 11, and how the Bush administration used this tragic event to push its agenda," Moore explains.

FAHRENHEIT 911 will be released during the upcoming presidential election cycle. [More Moore in '04.]

The director claims he will document on film how the "senior Bush kept his ties with the bin Laden family up until two months after Sept. 11."

Moore will also scrutinize, in graphic detail, why America is so disliked abroad.

With DISNEY financing now secure, Moore, who once railed against corporate media interests, may appear at this week's Cannes film festival in France.[/b]

I don't follow Drudge, or know much about him, but if this is true, mikey morelies needs more than just a few jeers!  What an asshole, and Disney/Miramax funding it?  Come on!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They must have picked it up from Mel Gibson. He was going to fund it but got cold feet. Dick.

[url]entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=122270[/url]

Yep, they did
[url]www.nbc6.net/entertainment/2198671/detail.html[/url]

Disney sucks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They must have picked it up from Mel Gibson. He was going to fund it but got cold feet. Dick.

[url]entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=122270[/url]
View Quote

from that link:
Moore's unflattering Bush biopic will capitalize on timing when it's released to coincide with Bush's re-election campaign in 2004.
View Quote

aren't "issue ads" verboten under the CFR law?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

aren't "issue ads" verboten under the CFR law?
View Quote

Only during the last 60 days before a federal election, and said element of the campaign finance reform act, which aimed to limit the influence of money on US politics, has been ruled unconstitutional by the courts.

The US court of appeals has said that two key requirements of the new law, which was expected to effect the 2004 presidential election, violate the free speech provisions of the US constitution.

By a split 2-1 judgement, it has repealed the act's ban on so-called "soft money" contributions by large companies and trade unions to political parties.

And it has also rejected the ban on special interest groups from political advertising in the 60 days before any federal election.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This will only hurt Disney's already ailing stock.  Their support for gay's and other decisions has really hurt their stock value.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Disney backed out too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about the clone topic.  I'm on here a lot, but I must miss more than I think [:)]

Oh well, I'm sure this jackoff will find some way to push his lies again.  This guy has got to go away already!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Disney backed out too.
View Quote

I hope everyone walks away from this dipshit. Maybe DU can fund it. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top