Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 8:34:24 PM EDT
[url]http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_781778.html?menu=[/url]
German lawyers sue Bush over war in Iraq

German lawyers are suing George W Bush for starting a war of aggression in Iraq.

The group of 14, from Cologne, have filed a lawsuit with the German attorney general.

They accuse Bush, as well as members of the German and British governments, of violating international law.

The move is technically possible under a new German law which came into effect only last year.

It allows the country's authorities to prosecute violations of international law, even if there is no direct connection to Germany.

Lawyer Heinrich Comes, one of the initiators of the suit, says they are aware Mr Bush is unlikely to ever appear in court.

"He is protected by his immunity," he told the Express newspaper. "But we want to bring those responsible within the Bush administration to a German court."

The German government was opposed to the war in Iraq, although it did allow US planes to fly across its territory.

Story filed: 10:14 Thursday 15th May 2003

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I bet dubya is shaking in his boots!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly why we refuse to recognise the 'International Court', or submit to it's jurisdiction...

As far as the US is concerned, the Germans do not have jurisdiction...
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya don't they know the US only supports international courts when it suits their agenda?  Milosevic ring a bell?  

Crazy Germans!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Just two words to the Germans

FV@K OFF
Borg
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey they make nice watches!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12044[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey they make nice watches!

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12044[/url]
View Quote

Yeah, but that's an _East_ German watch. Everybody knows technology was far superior in East Germany ;)

Shotar, I think wearing your Mom's panties does cut off the blood supply to your brain.
German lawyers are no different from the lawyers in the rest of the world, to wit, mud-sucking scum that feast on the sores of the world. Where does it say those leeches are representing anyone but themselves?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you noticed that none of these dipshits ever filed suit against Saddam Hussein, Biun Laden, Abu Abbas, Milosovich, etc...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]
You know what I think this is funny as hell, even funnier if GWB find him self in a German court. I really don't care for him any ways.

It would make good TV.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:38:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you noticed that none of these dipshits ever filed suit against Saddam Hussein, Biun Laden, Abu Abbas, Milosovich, etc...
View Quote

You're ill-informed:

[url]http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/ap/ap_story.html/Intl/AP.V7002.AP-Serbia-War-Crim.html[/url]

[url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/119/oped/US_should_let_Italy_jail_Abu_Abbas+.shtml[/url]

...to name just two examples.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You know what I think this is funny as hell, even funnier if GWB find him self in a German court. I really don't care for him any ways.

It would make good TV.
View Quote

What would make good TV is you trying to explain why the above statement doesn't make you a complete idiot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Deuchland.  Das ist nicht gut.  Shoven zie das uppa de ashe.  Sourkraut!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Lol people are pissed at me whats new. I don't like GWB and could care less about him.

Bush zum guten Gericht
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#14]
So they have commie pinko lawyers in Germany; I could [b]not[/b] possibly care less.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You know, maybe I don't need to get that Mercedes (or BMW) after all. Get a VW for a commuter car? Probably not. They can sell those cars to the Iraqi's.

And maybe we don't really need to have our bases in their country. And we'll take the money that supports them with us when we pull out. Poland has been kinda nice to us lately.

Maybe we have to show the Germans how powerful the US dollar really can be. Maybe for about 6 months or so. Just to send the message.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're ill-informed:

[url]http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/ap/ap_story.html/Intl/AP.V7002.AP-Serbia-War-Crim.html[/url]

[url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/119/oped/US_should_let_Italy_jail_Abu_Abbas+.shtml[/url]

...to name just two examples.
View Quote

I don't think I articulated myself very well; I will try and do better with this post.

None of these 'humanitarian' half-wits have, to my knowledge, ever tried to use these kind of interational laws (and similar courts in Belgium) to bring suit against raging despots who make a habit of crimes against humanity -- until AFTER the United States does the catching for them ...and I don't see any of these whackos urging their governments to help with the CATCHING. Will they go to war to get 'members of the Bush Administration'?

Where were these feel good law suits against Milosevic from BEFORE the airwar in Kosovo, and where were all the beatniks railing about the way that people were trated in Afganistan during the late nineties? No one cared when real people were really getting hurt. No one cared until this country did the work.

It is my opinion that these court suits are nothing more than YET another venue for small people to exectue their hatred of my coutnry. That pissed me off. I don't think I am the only one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]

German lawyers are suing George W Bush for starting a war of aggression in Iraq.

View Quote

Hey Pot, this is kettle, YOU'RE BLACK!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, but that's an _East_ German watch. Everybody knows technology was far superior in East Germany ;)
View Quote

Why yes, East Fermany was such a pleasant place to live. They NEVER shot at any one trying to leave the workers' paradise.
And they teach the goosestep SOOOO well!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why yes, East Fermany was such a pleasant place to live. They NEVER shot at any one trying to leave the workers' paradise.
And they teach the goosestep SOOOO well!!
View Quote

Look up the word "sarcasm" one of these days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Garryowen, Industry Partner:
Fuck it...let's bomb Dresden again...
View Quote

Well, there's one company where I'll never order anything again. Nor anybody else I know.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]
[url=http://kaedrin.com/fun/wav/germans.wav]Oooh, the Germans....[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Aren't the Germans guilty of war crimes for supplying Iraq with arms in violation of UN sanctions?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol people are pissed at me whats new. I don't like GWB and could care less about him.

Bush zum guten Gericht
View Quote

Why don't you articulate your reasons for this startement to us, I am interested to hear your reasons.
If you won't or can't then maybe you would be happier here,
[url]democraticunderground.com[/url]
[b]I have a question for you,do you own any firearms?[/b]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fuck it...let's bomb Dresden again...
View Quote

You would kill 500,000 people because 14 lawyers excercise what basically amounts to an equivalent to our First Amendment rights? You know, the part about the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bush zum guten Gericht
View Quote

The translation of this statement,
"Bush to the good court"
You apllaud the german govt. trying our President?
[size=5][red][b]WTF is wrong with you ?[/b][/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bush zum guten Gericht
View Quote

The translation of this statement,
"Bush to the good court"
You apllaud the german govt. trying our President?
[size=5][red][b]WTF is wrong with you ?[/b][/red][/size=5]
View Quote

Nothing more than with yourself. Where in the article does it say the German government is involved except in the part [i]They accuse Bush, [red]as well as members of the German and British governments[/red], of violating international law.
[/i]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Kar98 I was talking to snipley , but what I am saying is he (snipley) is advocating a foreign govt. taking a US President and trying him in Germany.

Fuck that and fuck who ever advocates this idea.

edited to add that my problem is with snipley's trolling attitude of GW being tried in the first place,you show me where I said anything about the content of the story other then to call snipley on his trolling.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not quite sure what he was trying to say, but to me "Bush zum guten Gericht" sounds more like the name of a countryside inn, not like an endorsement of anything.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you bother to read the posts you reply to?
I posted the translation after snipley posted it,
here it is again for the learning impaired,
[red][b]"Bush to the good court"[/b][/red]

That sounds an awful lot like an endorsement for sending GW off to Gemnay to be tried to me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you bother to read the posts you reply to?
View Quote

Only if they are worth it.
[red][b]"Bush to the good court"[/b][/red]

That sounds an awful lot like an endorsement for sending GW off to Gemnay to be tried to me.
View Quote

Sounds more like somebody who speaks neither English nor German.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
ROTFLMFAO !!!  The Germans accusing someone else of war crimes. [rolleyes] [LOL]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top