Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 7:57:48 PM EDT
Got this from someone at work today....

As most of you know, my husband works for the Department of Justice.  He thinks it would be prudent to be cautious during the next two weeks.  So, I thought I would send out the following information to those working in the downtown St. Louis area - -  

As you may have heard already, the media has advised that approximately 50,000 anarchists have a trip planned to St. Louis for May 18th-20th.  They will be looking for targets of opportunity, e.g., large corporations, industry, SUV owners, etc.  If you see large groups of people, it may be a good idea to avoid the area and/or take an alternate route.  If you drive an SUV (even the smaller versions), or other vehicle that uses a lot of gas -- you may want to be extra cautious.  (This group is against 'gas guzzling' cars and they've been known to destroy vehicles, break windows, etc.  In Seattle, this same group created about $17M worth of damage.)

-------------------------------

Now, why doesn't a group like this ever target the city and time the NRA holds their annual convention?  I drive a SUV to work.  It sure would be nice if our Democrap Governor would sign our concealed carry bill into law before next week.  Of course that will never happen.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Now, why doesn't a group like this ever target the city and time the NRA holds their annual convention?  I drive a SUV to work.  It sure would be nice if our Democrap Governor would sign our concealed carry bill into law before next week.  Of course that will never happen.
View Quote

They probably know that "da Loo" is one of the most anti-gun cities in the midwest...and therefore safe for their reindeer-games.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It's for the World Agricultural Forum.

And guess where I happen to work...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
good luck guys....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 If you drive an SUV (even the smaller versions), or other vehicle that uses a lot of gas -- you may want to be extra cautious.
View Quote

You mean like locking the front-wheel hubs and putting her into 4L?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What do anarchists have against gas-guzzling?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh why won't they come to Indiana?

Oh, yeah...they'd get shot here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do anarchists have against gas-guzzling?
View Quote

It's like the anti-war crowd who want us to attack Korea instead of Iraq, or the civil libertarians who want food stamps and welfare, THEY'RE MORE DAMN HIPPIES DRESSED UP AS SOMETHING THEY REALLY AREN'T.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
As someone who ignorantly used to think "anarchism" was what I wanted (com'on, dont lie, how many of you were stupid 16 year old punk rockers?), I feel compelled to speak up and explain the view of the anarchists; Foremost, Anarchists are anti-Capitalism.  They view Capitalism as a slave system, in which the working class becomes slave to the rich.  They are generally pacifists, but see large corporations as slave drivers of sorts who have already initiated force against the working class, and therefore they are justified in "fighting back".  Being anti-Capitalism, they generally believe in anarcho-communism, a system based lightly on Marxist beliefs, but more focused on sense of community.  Their belief is also that it isn't human nature, but rather Capitalist "engrained" values that create a system where people must step on eachother in order to "succeed".  

That being said, I'd love to grab every one of them by their scrawny little necks and smack some sense into them.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you going to the meeting at Union Station?  If so, take care.  I work in the center of downtown.  If there are really 50,000 anarchists coming there should be enough to go around.  I doubt if more than 50 really give a damn about whatever it is they give a damn about.  Most just think it's "fun" and want the attention.  Only idiots need apply.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like to see how well they would do in Troy, Hawkpoint, Mexico, Montgomery or Warrenton . Wonder if my dad is going to take his F-250 crew cab long-bed downtown?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell em all to come on over here to downtown Seattle!.......We'll show em who's boss!!

Oh......um........never mind..[BD]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck a bunch of damn skinkin' hippies.

I'm on vacation next week, maybe I'll see some on the way to the Arnold gunclub.
[50]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
If they were to come to Arizona, Anarchy would happen to THEM!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, that kind of stinks. My wife is driving there Tuesday to pick up her mom from the airport. And of course she'll be driving her big SUV.

Though she will be parking it by in the suburbs by Plaza Frontenac and riding with a friend to Lambert. Wouldn't think the protesters would be that far out in the burbs, or by the airport, so hopefully she won't encounter any of that crap.

Sounds like if anything goes down, it will be downtown.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Your wife should be fine that far from downtown.  

Question:  If you are asaulted in your vehicle what can you do legally to protect yourself?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Kpel, I used to work right across 18th st at that big building with all the red, white and blue vehicles are at. Thank god I transferred out to the ghetto on the north side ;).
Anyway, I personally would love to drop by downtown tomorrow and do a little ballistic testing of my compressed air potato cannon to see how it would do against greasy hippy heads but alas my GF has "encouraged" me to not be anywhere near that place and just in case I got lost and ended up down there she wouldn't bring the bail.
Good luck, I have a feeling you are going to need it. By the way the Cubbies will be playing at Cardinal stadium, Yep, a long time proffesional sports rivalry ought to help smooth things over too....
PS, if ya need reinforcements, give me a holler.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Several years ago, I went to a gunshow in St. Louis. I think it was at the Cervantes Convention Center. Is that the name of the place? Anyway, there were a buttload of us outside waiting for the doors to open. It was around the time of the AWB, and there were dozens of people lining the sidewalks with some very interesting hardware. People driving by were freaking out. Too bad these jokers didn't try it that day. Do they still have shows at that place?

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you going to the meeting at Union Station?  If so, take care.  I work in the center of downtown.  If there are really 50,000 anarchists coming there should be enough to go around.  I doubt if more than 50 really give a damn about whatever it is they give a damn about.  Most just think it's "fun" and want the attention.  Only idiots need apply.

View Quote

Nah, I'm just a peon, so I'll be working, but I expect some protestors to try to sneak onto the company property, I should be interesting...

Watch yourself out there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Question:  If you are asaulted in your vehicle what can you do legally to protect yourself?
View Quote

Answer:  Pretty much nothing, since you can't even have a firearm in the passenger compartment of your vehicle within the city limits.  

Ya'll need back up, just light up the beacon.  I should be able to see it from here[;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guess where my office is located.

Right behind Union Station, with exits only coming out onto Market Street.

I'll be driving a marked security vehicle.

Who's going to be taking bets on whether I get out of there damaged or not?  How about if I even am allowed to get to the office?
View Quote

You wouldn't happen to work at that fairly new building across from the Hampton Inn would you?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell em all to come on over here to downtown Seattle!.......We'll show em who's boss!!

Oh......um........never mind..[BD]
View Quote

Actually they need to come up to Ballard, you see AR15.Com has caused a sub-sect, the BDF Ballard Defense Force, to form. There's more than a few of us with several blocks of each other.
View Quote

BDF Rollcall!

Bridge patrol present and accounted for!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Oh boy, fun fun fun!  

/me loads up on AK74, AR15, and G3 mags.

Say hello to my leeeetle friend!
View Quote

I have to go with Duke on this one!
No guns in the passenger compartment huh? Thats when the 6' bed on my '99 Dodge Ram Quadcab 4x4 comes in handy!!! Anyone want to ride "shotgun"? Just have some friends sit in the bed with weapons locked&loaded!! I'm laidoff anyway,so I got time,anyone want to ride in my truckbed that day?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been out of town all week, so this is the first I've heard of this shit.

For my benefit, could some of you elaborate on the situation?

Yes, I'm in IL, but 5 minutes from downtown SL.

50 THOUSAND?

Holy hell, I better stop drinking this beer.

[i]Edited for typo.  And I really should stop drinking this beer.[/i]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Answer:  Pretty much nothing, since you can't even have a firearm in the passenger compartment of your vehicle within the city limits.  

Ya'll need back up, just light up the beacon.  I should be able to see it from here[;)]
View Quote

That's not entirely true.  If you are in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury, you may legally employ deadly force (not just a firearm) to protect yourself.  So what other deadly weapons do you have with you?  Well, there is that gas-guzzling 6,000-pound SUV you're currently behind the wheel of...  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No guns in the passenger compartment huh? Thats when the 6' bed on my '99 Dodge Ram Quadcab 4x4 comes in handy!!! Anyone want to ride "shotgun"? Just have some friends sit in the bed with [b]weapons locked&loaded!![/b] I'm laidoff anyway,so I got time,anyone want to ride in my truckbed that day?
View Quote

Easy cowboy...Every state has different rules, you need to learn how far you can legally go with what you have. WA & WVA, both can be had in hand, just unloaded. This may be a little more prudent and keep you ready, and out of trouble at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#31]
So far it has been very tame.  Might have something to do with the large number of LEO's on the streets.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me , you guys are getting all worked up about nothing..

and frankly you are all scaring me a bit

t
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

and frankly you are all scaring me a bit

t
View Quote

I have been told that is part of my reason for being.

Thank you for validating my existance.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top