Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 4:45:55 PM EDT
Okay, so we've finally gotten some good news from Congress!  That's a first in what, 100 years?  In any case where's the party gonna be!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
At the shooting range!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If the war was over today, Zion is where the party would be.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
don't get too excited. you might curse us. we'll talk celebration if & when it actually happens.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
MY HOUSE! ya'll bring the miniguns, i'll bring beer WOOOO!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Every firing range and every piece of public and private land where shooting is permitted.

Actually, the main party will be one day after the ban sunsets.  I've already made a firm appointment with my gunsmith for sunset day so we can add evil features to my AR's.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, we should have next years ar15.com main get together on the two days before/after ban expires for celebration or pissed off shoot. Whichever happens.  And we'll need a vendor selling collapsable stocks, bayo lugs, and flash hiders.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
At home in a letter writing party to express to our congresmen what a good thing it was for the ban to expire.  (after buying stocks, stick-on bayonet lugs, and other features)
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Posted by DarkNite...
Okay, so we've finally gotten some good news from Congress! That's a first in what, 100 years? In any case where's the party gonna be!?!?!?!
View Quote

I wouldn't start buying party hats & noise makers quite yet...

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186683]Speaker Hastert: No Decision Yet on U.S. Assault Gun Ban[/url]

Instead, I would purchase some stamps, printer paper, & envelopes.

There's lots of cajoling, arm twisting, and outright coercion that needs to take place before we get the privilege of dancing on the grave of the AW ban!!!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Think, the end of Return of The Jedi, the new version.

THE PARTY WILL BE EVERYWHERE, in the hearts and homes of evrey true freedom loving American. There may not be as many planned partys, but everyon will celebrate.

Lets just hope that when It sunsets, we can keep it gone.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Okay, so we've finally gotten some good news from Congress!  That's a first in what, 100 years?  In any case where's the party gonna be!?!?!?!
View Quote

What good news would that be??
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#12]
What's to celebrate? Even if the '94 ban is renued, we still have Reagan's '86 machine gun ban and Bush #1's '89 import ban!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#13]
One step at a time, one step at a time...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

From an AP story today
[i]
Hastert made his comments in the wake of a statement earlier this week by Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, that the votes "are not there" in the House to extend the ban. DeLay's spokesman, Stuart Roy, later said [b]Republicans have "no intention" of calling the bill up for a vote.[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's to celebrate? Even if the '94 ban is renued, we still have Reagan's '86 machine gun ban and Bush #1's '89 import ban!
View Quote

I would trade the AWB for the '86 ban anyday...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

From an AP story today
[i]
Hastert made his comments in the wake of a statement earlier this week by Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, that the votes "are not there" in the House to extend the ban. DeLay's spokesman, Stuart Roy, later said [b]Republicans have "no intention" of calling the bill up for a vote.[/b][/i]
View Quote

De-lay spoke out of school. Bills have been introduced in both House's. All it takes is one mass shooting, or the next terrorist attack, (especially if they attack a shopping center with AW's), and one of them will pass. They have a year and a half to get it done. The bills can, (and will), be re-introduced in the next Congress too.......
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.
View Quote

Beat me to it by a mile, guys.

J.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#20]
After the rose garden signing ceremony of the enhanced and permanent AWB, everyone should be partying like it was Sept 13, 1994.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Every mass shooting only reinforces YOUR need to be armed in order to drop crazies at the BEGINNING of what would be a shooting spree.

More and more people are aware of the truth these days, and the truth is that crime is best deterred by real, armed deterrence.     The truth is that Vermont's virtually unconditional "may carry without a special permit" plicy is closely related to Vermont's very low crime rate,  and the truth is that where guns are least restricted, crime is lowest.

These are the facts that the anti's HATE with a passion.  They don't want you to hear the truth and they can't counter it logically, so they do all they can to obscure the issue and prey on the biases of the ignorant.

Spread the truth and knock them on their ass with it.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]
the feds have been wondering what to do to stimulate the economy, well,,, i have the answer..

if the ban dies, there will be millions spent on neet new toys by just the members of this board.. imagin the implications nationwide.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Remember, if you want to have a party you gotta prepare...  Usually that means creating a list of stuff to do.

-Chips & dip
-Beverages
-Paper
-Hamburgers, sausages, etc.
-Buns
-Pens
-Grill
-Charcoal
-Addresses of your legislators

Hmm...  Looks like everything we'll need to have a party on Sept 14, 2004!

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Feinstein's mouth?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell anyone want to come by I'll have one at my place.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

De-lay spoke out of school. Bills have been introduced in both House's. All it takes is one mass shooting, or the next terrorist attack, (especially if they attack a shopping center with AW's), and one of them will pass. They have a year and a half to get it done. The bills can, (and will), be re-introduced in the next Congress too.......
View Quote

DeLay is in charge of scheduling votes. If he doesn't put it on the calendar, it doesn't get voted on and for that reason, if he is on our side...that bill is DOA. Without DeLay, the bill cannot pass...and DeLay is rated an A by the GOA.

There is only one person with an A+, Ron Paul. An A means you are pretty much as Pro-Gun as they come. My Congresscritter is an A...because he cosponsered legislation to repeal: the AW Ban, the Brady Bill and the 89 Import Ban. This is what it takes to get an A. DeLay is an A, and firmly on our side.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.
View Quote

Probably not a good idea guy's considering the city was destroyed.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

DeLay is in charge of scheduling votes. If he doesn't put it on the calendar, it doesn't get voted on and for that reason, if he is on our side...that bill is DOA. Without DeLay, the bill cannot pass...and DeLay is rated an A by the GOA.
View Quote

It will be interesting to see if he will buckle to the rest of the party who will want it to come to a vote. Hastert has said there is no decision on whether to bring it up. Will DeLay butt heads with the speaker over this? We'll see.

There is only one person with an A+, Ron Paul. An A means you are pretty much as Pro-Gun as they come. My Congresscritter is an A...because he cosponsered legislation to repeal: the AW Ban, the Brady Bill and the 89 Import Ban. This is what it takes to get an A. DeLay is an A, and firmly on our side.
View Quote

I know where DeLay stands. I also know what happens in Washington when there's a high profile shooting.......
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

From an AP story today
[i]
View Quote

View Quote

I use to not think this way but... our govt is quite capable of sacrificing a few folks in a mass shooting to get congress back on the "right" track.  Sometimes the ends justify the means.  Pearl harbor is a perfect example.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Heh, I dont think many people realize that if AWB is thrown out, we'll have the gun grabbers on he defensive. With some effort, It would be possible to pass a repeal or two (86 and 89 bans?), at which point, dem's might just give up and let a bill that keeps states from passing legislation past the federal level pass.

[;D] It's OK to be a dreamer, but this is feasable if rebublicans remain majority on all levels, or get even more powerfull with the upcomming election.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top