Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm suprised there are so many burners here.  Maybe somebody sould set up a "group buy". [:D]
View Quote

LOL

Hey Macallan, I am somewhat hip to doper lingo, but I've never heard the term "get small".  I avoided this thread because I figured it was about shrinkage.

After HS I smoked mucho dope but I pretty much stopped at about age 21.  I never really encounter dope except in some social situations, and then I avoid it, because I get all quiet and introverted and it's hard to socialize.

Nothing against dope, but I dont go out of my way to find it, I dont hang out with dopers, and if I do smoke it all i want to do is watch movies or read.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to smoke potato chips.  But the salt made my lungs pucker real bad, and the polyunsaturated cooking oil used to fry most potato chips gave me some really bad trips.  So I gave it up.  Now I smoke a little cucumber or fresh parsley on occasion, but no more potato chips. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the ther was to "get tall"
Heard that in the Black Crowes VH1 special.
Used to be a term used by the jazz musicians.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heard it put that way before but I got 'small' back in my youth, probably more than I should have. I stopped a few months before boot camp and I haven't smoked pot in a very long time. I know many people that smoke today including some friends but they respect me by not offering. I have no problem with people doing it in the privacy of thier own homes and even though it's not for me any more I don't see the big deal with it, after all there are much more dangerous things in this world...like Dems.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Used to, gave it up when I left the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would be very interested in talking to any of the current users that live in OK.
Please IM me so we can meet.
View Quote

[lol] shhhhhh ......everybody stop talking now.
turn the radio down and drive slower. Hand me the visine and a tic tac. roll the windows down and turn up the fan....[rofl2] Good luck on your fishin trip there sherrik [;)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Never have. I worked in a PD in high school dispatching nights, I saw all the kids I went to school get busted for it. I got to fingerprint them too. Turned me right off. It was a really wealthy area, so I got to see the parents too, who couldn't believe their child would do that sort of thing.
Never had an inkling to try. Not even when in the service. Saw our mudpuppies get busted on a piss test. I never wanted to do anything that would affect my clearance. I'm squeeky clean I guess. I don't even drink now either.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought about it once.

But then somebody told me it was what ya call a "gate way" drug.

And then, after those superb Government Funded Public Service TV spots during the "Super Bowl" showed me the light - I realized that doing it would support international terrorism [i]ala [/i] 9-11.

[b]Hysterical and irrational fear is my anti-drug.[/b]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey Macallan, I am somewhat hip to doper lingo, but I've never heard the term "get small".  I avoided this thread because I figured it was about shrinkage.

Getting small is from an old Steve Martin bit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting small is from an old Steve Martin bit.
View Quote
Yep. That was WAAAAAAAAAY back when he was a standup comic and was actually pretty funny.

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002MSY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

This was an early major influence on me that shaped my sense of humor. Every so often I throw a vague reference from this album into one of my posts. Just to see if anyone picks up on it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I got tricked at a party that was serving brownies.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. That was WAAAAAAAAAY back when he was a standup comic and was actually pretty funny.

[url]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002MSY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/url]

This was an early major influence on me that shaped my sense of humor. Every so often I throw a vague reference from this album into one of my posts. Just to see if anyone picks up on it.

View Quote

Same for me.  I still have his "Wild and Crazy Guy" album somewhere.

[img]http://www.jananddean.com/sm1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#18]
First time smoking pot was summer after 3rd grade last time was 6th grade other than that no. It never did anything to me. After that I never touched a drop of alcohol or smoked anything but a good cigar.

So does it lead to bigger things, not in my case.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I've always been into sports and running.  Never really was ever interested.  Don't smoke anything.

Beer is the was to go for a buzz.  Not saying it's good for your body but it's legal (as long as you don't drive.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#21]
never smoked pot, I think drugs are for stupid weak people.  

I do think it should be legal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top