Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 9:10:20 PM EDT
Symptoms:

1) Edgy membership, littlest comment causes fights.
2) Belligerent membership, when fights happen they are vicious and non-temporary.  
3) EXCESSIVELY Long BW hogging threads, loosely on-topic but largely wandering
4) Attention vacuum, except for specific attention.
5) Disruption of site activities -- daily.

I can't put my finger on it, nor am I a trained ARFCOMM practioner, but we appear to be treating the [b]symptoms[/b] friends, not the problem.

Quite honestly I was banned, for a day, for less mail than must be generated by these symptoms.  At what point does the value outweigh the hassle?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, sounds like my last family reunion!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You've just described virtually all internet discussion forums that are not moderated into uselessness.

People basically like to argue and challenge each other.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
This is rather specific I think.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No seriously this really does sound like a FAMILY reunion.
It's good to have family! [:D] We may fight but the love is always there. [argue] [kiss]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
As a designated medic, based upon the symptoms  my diagnosis would be reocurring acute neo-conism.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As a designated medic, based upon the symptoms  my diagnosis would be reocurring acute neo-conism.

View Quote

Sure it's not chronic feditis??

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top