Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 2:48:43 PM EDT
Selling the 9mm AR to a buddy with the plan to drop it into a canoe. I left my 16' aluminum Grumman in Alaska, and had a Coleman Scanoe up there as well that I gave to a friend.

Needs to handle the wife and I with gear and dogs for over nighters. I've loved my aluminum canoe, but I'm open to fiberglass too.

This will most likely be purchased second hand off craigslist or the like, just want some things to look for.  $1000 budget
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 17' Bell Northwind that I love. It's stable and can carry far more weight than I care to portage. I think Bell is out of business these days so you'd be looking used.

A buddy has a Wenonah Spirit 2 that's nice as well. If I needed a new canoe I'd look hard at those.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Scanoe that I haven't used in 5 years and am thinking of selling.  Trouble is, when I do use it, I'm reminded what a great boat it is and don't want to sell it.

Did you like your Scanoe?  If so, maybe you can find another.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Old Town Pathfinder that has given me years of hard use. About 60 pounds.

Camping, fishing, it has been all good.

If I were to buy a new canoe today, it would be a Mad River Explorer. About 70 pounds.

edit: I see they still can be had for under a grand.  Mad River Explorer
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
What's canoe?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Old Town has always been good to me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a Scanoe that I haven't used in 5 years and am thinking of selling.  Trouble is, when I do use it, I'm reminded what a great boat it is and don't want to sell it.

Did you like your Scanoe?  If so, maybe you can find another.
View Quote

I didn't like the tube framing within the plastic shell, made it easy to tie shit to, but it was noisy and I pinched my hands a few times on it. I just used mine as a tow-behind gear/moose carrier when hunting
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top