Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 12:23:54 PM EDT
From the picture below, I have a RR tie + dirt berm off at the second fence like where it goes from field to brush.  Look just above the left t-post.

From the first fence you see to the berm is 300 yards.  From the north side of this building it is 335 yards and I'd be in the shade.  

In order to shoot prone and not shoot through the first fence I would have to build a 4' or so platform to shoot off of, but that would make it safer anyway because I don't own the property on the other side of the fence so I can't control access to it.  Shooting down a little is safer.

Should I build at the fence (300 yards), or by the building (335 yards and shade)?

I'm learning toward building.

Shooting any shorter distance will require parking out in field, though I may make a small table at 100 yards near a fence line.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Got any grassy knolls on the property?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
First tier problems...humble brag thread
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The place is pretty flat.  People live 150 yds to the south, 300 yds to the north, 800 yards to the east.  That is facing west and the easement to those properties are 1.75 miles west of the property line.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No neighbors west, rent a bulldozer and build a berm bud
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Flatlander.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

First tier problems...humble brag thread
View Quote

I've already started.  I need to finish bracing the verticals so I can remove the 2x4s and then fill it in up to the top of the sides with dirt.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Flatlander.
View Quote

Hater.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The place is pretty flat.  People live 150 yds to the south, 300 yds to the north, 800 yards to the east.  That is facing west and the easement to those properties are 1.75 miles west of the property line.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Put your platform on a utility trailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top