Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2016 1:40:53 AM EDT
Advertising-wise, I guess you don't hear much about BF Goodrich these days. Any fans of their current products?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I luv da KM2
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember back in the 90s when their Comp T/S AS was a pretty badass contender in the AS performance grouping.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
They make lots of good tires.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#4]
KO2's are excellent.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
KO2 and KM2 are top of their classes
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#6]
So everyone and their brother and uncle is going high silica, but I guess one the downsides is flat spotting when parked for more than a day?

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Most people I know with the new MTs or ATs seem to be pleased with them.

BFG makes a lot of tires, so your post is pretty broad.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So everyone and their brother and uncle is going high silica, but I guess one the downsides is flat spotting when parked for more than a day?  
View Quote

I've had several sets on four different vehicles... Never had this issue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm actually a fan of the trend. I can live with temporary flat spotting in order to achieve maximum grip and flexibility in extreme hot and cold.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the Radial T/A  on my car, very good tires.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I got some sport comp 2's on my Supra.  Not bad for the price and I make Miata's question life through corners (Mk3, scaled at 3800 with me in the car and a full tank).
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.
View Quote

Great tires. Can be a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Blew a KM2 today coming up I45. Finding a 35x1250x15 just isn't as easy as it once was. I got lucky and found a KO2 for replacing my spare. I guess I'll have to get three more and try running them on the Jeep. That way I'll have my KM2s for playtime.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.
View Quote

This

I'm on my second set of 35s on my f150 with the first set lasting 70k
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was a fan from the 90's up until around 2013. Had anything from AT and muds to comp TAs. All at once, 2 family members and myself had sets of AT truck tires that wore out in no time flat.  It was said there was a bad batch out there, and we were all compensated for it.
My current truck wears a set of knock off of MTRs, my project has retreads, and my car has firestones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Advertising-wise, I guess you don't hear much about BF Goodrich these days. Any fans of their current products?

I was a fan from the 90's up until around 2013. Had anything from AT and muds to comp TAs. All at once, 2 family members and myself had sets of AT truck tires that wore out in no time flat.  It was said there was a bad batch out there, and we were all compensated for it.
My current truck wears a set of knock off of MTRs, my project has retreads, and my car has firestones.

Nailed it.
BFG was left in the dust after stagnant off road tread design. After years of being faithful I moved on and couldn't be happier. There are far better designs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#17]
their off road oriented tires are great. although at times i regret having mud tires on a daily driver, sometimes i think i hear a sound or a vibration and can't tell if somethings wrong, or if it's just road noise/vibrations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Not really. Had a set of MTs back in the late 80's
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:02:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Had KM2s and those bastards could churn through damn near anything.

Looking to pick up a set of KO2s this week or so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:02:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'll pass. There's a palpable loss in capability. The oem trend is going backward in terms of capability for mpg/efficiency sake on paved roads.
The bigger the sidewall the better. Its a sad state of affairs when your standard half ton comes with fucking rubber band tires and a flat bill hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm actually a fan of the trend. I can live with temporary flat spotting in order to achieve maximum grip and flexibility in extreme hot and cold.

I'll pass. There's a palpable loss in capability. The oem trend is going backward in terms of capability for mpg/efficiency sake on paved roads.
The bigger the sidewall the better. Its a sad state of affairs when your standard half ton comes with fucking rubber band tires and a flat bill hat.
Agreed that the current decrease in sidewall profile is cosmetic, over utilitarian design, but still, size and tire profile aside, it seems the trend is a toward a that is higher silica content in the actual tire compound, and I'm guessing that translates, usually, into a a more grippy, ground hugging, tire.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#22]
All terrain ko2

New version

Awesome on myT4R
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#23]
All I know is KMs, alt tread, lasted way longer than any other tire I've ever had.  So I got a new set in December, yes they cost out the ass, but if it's another 6 years before another 5 tires, I'm good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Stupid double
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I have the 35in KO on my JEEP and they work quite well for all the kind of surfaces I go -  asphalt, sand, snow and even some packet snow/ice.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#27]
The last set I had on my Toyota were slick in the rain and wore out way before the warranty was up.  Then I had to fight with them to honor the warranty.  Screw them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All terrain ko2

New version

Awesome on myT4R
View Quote

How are they in the rain?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Many tires now days seem to be compounded and have tread and sidewall designs that are aimed at fuel economy over other performance factors.

As for BF Goodrich, their blimp is awesome!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
BFG was left in the dust after stagnant off road tread design. After years of being faithful I moved on and couldn't be happier. There are far better designs.
http://i.imgur.com/OHidB8S.jpg?2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.
http://i.imgur.com/OHidB8S.jpg?2

Yup.  Toyo RT's r great!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Had a set of 31 mud terrains.  They were ok.  Wore uneven in my jeep. Rode bad but were not loud.  They are very expensive . I also ate a lag bolt between the treads on one of them and had a nail go through the cleat of another.  Will bot be buying again
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I put KO2s on my F250. The weight, power, and driving on the rocks has been hard on them, but overall I'm happy 10,000 miles in. Nowadays there are lots of good options in offroad/truck/jeep tires, when 20 years ago they sort of had the market cornered.

When it comes to sports car tires, BFG is still in the mix there, too.  The Rival series of tires are fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I had two consecutive sets of KOs that were either out of round or just would not balance.  I'm leaning towards out of round.  Truck would "wagon wheel" at low speeds.

I'll stick to my Michelin A/T2 thanks.  Yes, I know it's the same company.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

KO2's are excellent.

This

Yup got 60k out of my last set.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Put a set of KO2S on my dmax. It's a great truck but bloody murder on tires. So far so good, they seem to be wearing much better than the previous version. Handled what little snow we got well, seem grippy in all conditions.

I was leaning towards Duratracs but got a deal on these, pretty happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.

No complaints out of mine. Great tire.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

KO2 and KM2 are top of their classes
View Quote
They need to mate these 2 and make a hybrid AT-MT?..similar to what Cooper and GY have done...
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#39]
My biggest gripe with BFG is they seem to be considerably generous with their tire sizing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#40]
My step dad had a set of BFG AT's on his 97 Suburban in 03, and proceeded to put 65,000 miles on them in 5 years, and still sold the truck with tread left on them. His set was almost a fluke, as I have never seen one last as long as his.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Love my KO2s
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Many tires now days seem to be compounded and have tread and sidewall designs that are aimed at fuel economy over other performance factors.

As for BF Goodrich, their blimp is awesome!
View Quote

I think you're confused.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#43]
BFGoodrich refreshed much of their lineup in the last 2 years, so if you aren't driving on them now, you may not have experienced the latest lineup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.

Maybe for some sizes but last month I got them put on my truck in LT265/75/r16 for $825 out the door.  That's pretty cheap in my book!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
KO2's are excellent.
View Quote

I'm putting them on my F150.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Their KRAWLER tires are the shit for off-roading.

The a/t tire is a nice on road truck tire, but worthless off-road imo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#47]
New set of KO2's on my F250 now.

The old set of ATs lasted 100,000 miles. Very low tread for the last 20k but they were still goin.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Bought a set friday.

Tested them out offroad yesterday.

I have offroaded since 1983 and these did as well as most mud tires i've ever tried.

Unbelievable.

If they last as long as they say these will be my new tires for all of our 4x4's.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#49]
My sport comp 2's are not as good as the original sport comps. There is a noticeable lack of wet weather performance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bought a set friday.

Tested them out offroad yesterday.

I have offroaded since 1983 and these did as well as most mud tires i've ever tried.

Unbelievable.

If they last as long as they say these will be my new tires for all of our 4x4's.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/mediabin/Approved/BFGoodrich/Completed%20Graphics/Digital/tire-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-hero.png
View Quote

Their a/t tire does well in mud??  K then.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top