Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I used them on my first jeep I got in 1999.

Years later I switched up to Duratracs due to the reviews and the winter rating.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their a/t tire does well in mud??  K then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bought a set friday.

Tested them out offroad yesterday.

I have offroaded since 1983 and these did as well as most mud tires i've ever tried.

Unbelievable.

If they last as long as they say these will be my new tires for all of our 4x4's.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/mediabin/Approved/BFGoodrich/Completed%20Graphics/Digital/tire-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-hero.png

Their a/t tire does well in mud??  K then.
Depends on your definition of mud and off road. K

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Bfg at's suck in mud
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Any input on the newer Rugged Terrains? I'm 80% on, 20 off road. No rock crawling. Not sure I can get the full use of the KO2. The Rugged Trails on my Tacoma are OK, but I want something a little more aggressive with decent road manners.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Any input on the newer Rugged Terrains? I'm 80% on, 20 off road. No rock crawling. Not sure I can get the full use of the KO2. The Rugged Trails on my Tacoma are OK, but I want something a little more aggressive with decent road manners.
View Quote
Get the KO2s. Part of the full use is getting long tread life, and the ability to do light offroad and snow.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a set on my last truck, wore pretty fast. Great in the snow, mileage was decent . I shredded the sidewall on my passager front once and had to get a replacement. when it was on the truck I realized it had 1/4 more tread then the other 3 and I may have had 12,000 miles on them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a set of ko2s and I'm not sure on the life of these. They seem completely different then the original at's . Numbers on the edge of the tread wore down pretty well already on all 4 at 700 miles.  

Pretty good looking tire though
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
BFG was left in the dust after stagnant off road tread design. After years of being faithful I moved on and couldn't be happier. There are far better designs.
http://i.imgur.com/OHidB8S.jpg?2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Advertising-wise, I guess you don't hear much about BF Goodrich these days. Any fans of their current products?

I was a fan from the 90's up until around 2013. Had anything from AT and muds to comp TAs. All at once, 2 family members and myself had sets of AT truck tires that wore out in no time flat.  It was said there was a bad batch out there, and we were all compensated for it.
My current truck wears a set of knock off of MTRs, my project has retreads, and my car has firestones.

Nailed it.
BFG was left in the dust after stagnant off road tread design. After years of being faithful I moved on and couldn't be happier. There are far better designs.

I have those on my Suburban.

They look nice, but they ride rough as hell on the highway. Noisy too.

I'll be switching to BFG AT's as soon as these wear out.

I'm not a serious off roader any more so I don't need ultimate off road traction. I mostly drive on dry trails  when I do off road.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
While iconic to some degree, their design is ancient compared to that of more recent tires.

They cost a bunch for the name as well.

Still work as well as they used to, maybe a little better due to the better sidewall design....but for less $ one can get tires that match or exceed their performance off road.  

On road only? Get Michelins.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not a serious off roader any more so I don't need ultimate off road traction. I mostly drive on dry trails  when I do off road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Advertising-wise, I guess you don't hear much about BF Goodrich these days. Any fans of their current products?

I was a fan from the 90's up until around 2013. Had anything from AT and muds to comp TAs. All at once, 2 family members and myself had sets of AT truck tires that wore out in no time flat.  It was said there was a bad batch out there, and we were all compensated for it.
My current truck wears a set of knock off of MTRs, my project has retreads, and my car has firestones.

Nailed it.

Unless you are going for looks, you can do dry trails on very street biased truck tires, have more quiet, longer tread life, and pay less.

They just won't look aggressive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to try a set of cooper stt pros I think next.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm going to try a set of cooper stt pros I think next.
View Quote

The cooper sst max I was running as a fleet tire in the oilfield held up very well. Traction was excellent on sand and gravel. They didn't seem to rock cut as fast as some of the other tires we tried.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top