Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 11:18:49 AM EDT
I have a metal work shop on my property where I keep all my tools and woodworking equipment, camping gear, reloading bench, etc.

I was moving some stuff around and found a Stack On metal safe I forgot I had.  

I opened the door and there was 5-6 rifles I totally forgot I owned

It was like Christmas all over again.  I better tell my wife and kids to make sure they open everything before they sell it after I am gone as I have a bad habit of hiding stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Only when I go scuba diving
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]

I call them safe safaris.

Find all kinds of shit I forgot I had.

My brother's friend reminded me of a S&W 629 I sold him. I told him wasn't me, as I never owned a 5", SS,  full underlug. Pretty much called him a liar.

A year or so later I found the old receipt from my original purchase. Oops, sorry dude!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Found two truck loads of ammo at my moms house, I moved out and the took a truck load of guns but left the ammo. 10 years later she turned my bedroom to a office.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#5]

I have four M1s I could have sworn I only had three.

And no, the extra doesn't belong to any of you!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone posted up a PS90.

I thought "yeah, those seem pretty cool, I'd like to get one too."

Later on I remembered I have one.    
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I once found my Israeli FAL in a case in a storage closet.

I still have no idea;

- that it was "missing" from the safe

- why it was out of the safe

- how it got into a case

- how the case ended up in that closet

- how long it was there before I "found" it

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My father was a police officer. Growing up he kept loaded guns stashed all around the house.

He finally moved when I was in my late twenties. The movers brought him three guns they found hidden in different places. He'd forgotten all about them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Finding 'lost' guns?

That sounds kinda irresponsible as a firearms owner. I've got 30  complete guns not including AR15 lowers and know right where all of them are at at any given time.

Now, that being said I find ammo, reloading stuff and other gun accessories that I forgot about all the time
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Found a WWII Navy Camillus MK2 "Kabar" I forgot I had. I knew I had a WWII USMC one, as I had hunted for a nice one for a long time, and it cost a pretty penny, but I couldn't tell you where the Navy one came from.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I have guns in my safes that I have no idea where they came from. I just found 3 BCGs and 3 barrels that I had forgotten all about in the back of the closet where I store my parts. It looks like 3 more ARs getting built soon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#14]
HK MP5
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I find ammo, but never forget guns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Finding 'lost' guns?

That sounds kinda irresponsible as a firearms owner. I've got 30  complete guns not including AR15 lowers and know right where all of them are at at any given time.

Now, that being said I find ammo, reloading stuff and other gun accessories that I forgot about all the time
View Quote
I never will subscribe to the "Fort Knox" mentality. I lock up the majority of my gun, but have 4 out carry and house protection. If someone breaks into my house they are at fault, not me, for stealing from me. I share no guilt because I don't have triple level protection and 24 hours armed guards watching my stuff. If someone kills a little kid with my stolen Glock, it's their ass, not mine. And if the cops get it back after the murder, you're fucking A right I want it back.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#18]

I just 'found' a Remington 788 in .30-30 Ackley Improved, but those bastards at Cabelas want me to pay too much for the privilege of taking it home.

Comes with a 2x7 Redfield scope, too...if it's still there after the weekend I may go make an offer.

Also saw a nice Colt New Service .357 Magnum, but an obvious refinish/restock job...awful tempting, but not at what they want for it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I have like 10-15 guns so it'd be pretty hard for me to forget about one of them. Ammo on the other hand, I found a bunch of ammo I totally forgot about when I reorganized my ammo safe. Finding 500 rounds of surplus 303 was a nice surprise.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I found a Yugo SKS and an H&R Shikari in 45-70 in the bottom of my gang box.
A friend asked me IF I ever shot the S&W 29DX he sold me...Huh??? It's in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Hard to miss if something is missing.  The empty pistol hanger is for the Kahr I am carrying.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy fuck dude, nice selection. BUT i would be so paranoid about a fire
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Where is the drywall?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Even when I was single with my younger brother living with me, we only had 20 firearms between us at the most. These were spread out through a tiny ass apartment, but we never lost track of any of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a case of 45 ammo, a while back, at a local gun show.  When I got home and went to put it with my other ammo, I noticed another case of 45 that I forgot I had bought.  Just more to shoot.  

I also found a Robinson XCR in my closet that I forgot I had.  I had acquired it in a trade, put it in the back of the closet(no room in safe at time) and forgot about it.  Now I'm not sure what I want to do with it.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Another rich guy's problem, I see.

I know where every firearm I own is and every modern round of ammo, too.

The BP rifle and musket balls, however.....God knows where they are.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I bought a case of 45 ammo, a while back, at a local gun show.  When I got home and went to put it with my other ammo, I noticed another case of 45 that I forgot I had bought.  Just more to shoot.  

I also found a Robinson XCR in my closet that I forgot I had.  I had acquired it in a trade, put it in the back of the closet(no room in safe at time) and forgot about it.  Now I'm not sure what I want to do with it.  
View Quote

This might sound crazy but maybe shoot the shit out of it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I have lost and found MGs

I have guns, nice sights, and MGs stacked at buddies houses.

I yes I have forgotten about some of these too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Sure. Usually after a period of time wtth alcohol alchemy and Gunbroker involved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Guns, knives, ammo, scopes, you name it.  The wife  found a Leupold spotting scope complete with tripod that I bought over three years ago and it's still in the box.  How it made it into the pantry I have no clue.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#31]
About a year ago, I spent 3 days hoping from gun store to pawn shop etc looking for a 20 gauge single shot for my boy.

After giving up hope of finding one, I figured he could just use the old sears roebuck pump 20.  I went to the safe to get the sears and what do you think was sitting beside it.  A brand new H&R single shot 20 gauge.  I have no idea when I bought it or where from.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hard to miss if something is missing.  The empty pistol hanger is for the Kahr I am carrying.
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom1.jpg
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom2.jpg
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom3.jpg
View Quote

You lost your Sheetrock.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I found mine on my boat .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You lost your Sheetrock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom1.jpg
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom2.jpg
http://hobbyhorse.com/guns/gunroom3.jpg

You lost your Sheetrock.

I couldn't find the studs then...ha
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Best I ever done was some unfired brass maybe some bullets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top