Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:11:38 PM EDT
http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dakota/4016107-description-devils-lake-escapee-released-spirit-lake-not-giving-names-four

DEVILS LAKE, ND (WDAZ-TV) - A massive manhunt in the Lake Region - five inmates are on the loose after breaking out of two jails overnight.

Five people fled overnight from the jail in Fort Totten on the Spirit Lake Reservation. Police say one was captured immediately, but the others remain the on the run tonight.

People on the reservation are concerned that the tribe is not releasing any names, because people want to know what these escapees were in for.

And there are more problems at the jail in Devils Lake - a prisoner from the Lake Region Law Enforcement Center escaped overnight through a window and vanished into the darkness.

Officials have identified him as 29-year-old Kenneth Eagleman, a man with ties to the region.
View Quote

So one identified, one captured and 4 on the loose and the rez won't say who they are or what they did....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess they don't want them back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All they have to do is put a cop at the one liquor store in town and they would have them in a day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Time to pop PMags.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the rez's in the northern part of our state has a list of those banished from the rez...pictures and everything...

Temps in the Devil's Lake region gonna be cold...near freezing for lows all week highs only in the high 40's....they are gonna seek food,shelter,clothes,cash, and a ride....and then they are gonna want
entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
must have been check out time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All they have to do is put a cop at the one liquor store in town and they would have them in a day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its the fuckin' truth.  

I'm not shocked.  

Years ago.  I was about 18 IIRC.  I was tossed in the klink for 5 days because I refused my community service.  Long story,  Man gave me permission to ride my dirt bike on his property,  video taped me riding,  went to his buddy ( city judge),  gave him the tape,  Judge ordered community service with the asshole that set me up.  I told the judge send me to jail,  I will not do CS with the fuck head that got me in trouble.  

anywhoo,  I was taken to McDonalds while in the Devil lake jail.  And allowed to wander out of the service garage entrance.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Guessing their LE is not to professional.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

LE around DL are good people.  The LE on the rez I cannot say.  The couple times I met Rez cops they were polite and acted professional.   The jail In DL is a private jail IIRC.  The jail in DL is known to hire some real retards for CO work.  I recall years ago a female CO was caught screwing a minor male prisoner.    
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LE around DL are good people.  The LE on the rez I cannot say.  The couple times I met Rez cops they were polite and acted professional.   The jail In DL is a private jail IIRC.  The jail in DL is known to hire some real retards for CO work.  I recall years ago a female CO was caught screwing a minor male prisoner.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

The DL jail had an escape last year or so, when a female CO helped an inmate escape. They don't hire the smartest people there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are refusing to ID escaped prisoners?
View Quote

Nope, they still haven't. News isn't going as nuts over it as you would assume.

The rez jail is claiming it's not their responsibility to release information like that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top