Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:42:26 AM EDT
I've mentioned it in another thread, but I think it needs repeating since so many people (on both sides) have blinders on.

If Trump becomes the nominee, Cruz has to rally behind him and call on his supporters to do the same or else Hillary wins.

If Cruz becomes the nominee, Trump has to rally behind him and call on his supporters to do the same or else Hillary wins.

Neither one can win without the support of the other.  

I think they can win if they rally support, and I hope that the 4 months is enough for people to put the primary behind them, nut up, and keep that stupid cunt out of the whitehouse.

Voting third party, writing in your guy even though he isn't the nominee, or staying home because of your feels is just being a spiteful little bitch.

The Primary you vote for who you want, the General you vote for who you have to to keep the biggest threat out of power. Hillary is our (conservatives, republicans, firearm enthusiasts) biggest threat.

The whole "they said we had to vote for Romney, and I'm sticking to muh morals!" Doesn't hold water. Romney lost because too many people sat out for any number of reasons. And we all got 4 more years of obummer because of it.

You can be damn sure the left will gather around their candidate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Losing either way. This election was supposed to be a slam dunk for GOP to win but they fucked it up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've mentioned it in another thread, but I think it needs repeating since so many people (on both sides) have blinders on.

If Trump becomes the nominee, Cruz has to rally behind him and call on his supporters to do the same or else Hillary wins.

If Cruz becomes the nominee, Trump has to rally behind him and call on his supporters to do the same or else Hillary wins.

I think they can win if they rally support, and I hope that the 4 months is enough for people to put the primary behind them, nut up, and keep that stupid cunt out of the whitehouse.

Voting third party, writing in your guy even though he isn't the nominee, or staying home because of your feels is just being a spiteful little bitch.

The Primary you vote for who you want, the General you vote for who you have to to keep the biggest threat out of power. Hillary is our (conservatives, republicans, firearm enthusiasts) biggest threat.

The whole "they said we had to vote for Romney, and I'm sticking to muh morals!" Doesn't hold water. Romney lost because too many people sat out for any number of reasons. And we all got 4 more years of obummer because of it.

View Quote

Don't hold your breath. A lot on here nuts, from both sides, and would rather have Hillery if they can't get their way. For what it's worth, I agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
My take on it is if Trump does not win the nomination he will just wash his hands of the whole thing and walk away with little fanfare. Maybe a week of sour grapes but that is about it.

I really don't think he would work all that much for whoever gets the nomination....He's not a second-fiddle type of guy and rah-rahing for someone else he lost to is not his style.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't hold your breath. A lot on here nuts, from both sides, and would rather have Hillery if they can't get their way. For what it's worth, I agree with you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree too.  Need to unify.  They want  us split and fighting each other.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been very critical of Trump...but I could get behind and Trump/Cruz ticket.  For all those that say never, no way....may I point to Regan/Bush in 1980 in which there wasn't a lot of love between the two.  It worked well for the GOP, America and Bush Sr.  Cruz as VP would position him for the big chair in 8 years, which is nothing considering his age.  With all this said, he needs to stay in the campaign.  The minute he drops out, Trump gets 1237 and Cruz has no leverage to negotiate with Trump.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll vote for either... I have my doubts on whether the RNC will let that happen though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Based on what I've seen here, the only way the republicans won't implode on election day is if they are both on the same ticket.

Of course ARFCOM still won't be happy because "their guy" is in the VP slot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a fan of Trump at all, but I'm starting to think OP's position may be correct.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of Trump at all, but I'm starting to think OP's position may be correct.
View Quote

I'm not a fan of any of them but will (probably most likely maybe*) vote for whomever the nominee turns out to be.

It all depends on how much of a retard Cruz is at the convention (Kasich is already a retard so I know what he's going to try).
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#11]
trump just needs cruz to accept loss and go home.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Hillary announced a war on guns.

Time to start a war against Hillary.

It will take both candidates supporters to beat her.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]

That ship sailed a long time ago.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
he should offer a joint ticket and cruz should accept.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My take on it is if Trump does not win the nomination he will just wash his hands of the whole thing and walk away with little fanfare. Maybe a week of sour grapes but that is about it.

I really don't think he would work all that much for whoever gets the nomination....He's not a second-fiddle type of guy and rah-rahing for someone else he lost to is not his style.
View Quote

In NY he said he was gonna run for Governor against Democrat Andrew Cuomo.  He even attended a 2nd SAFE Act rally (despite previously tweeting that Obama spoke for him after Sandy Hook) to push his prospects of running for Governor.

Then he said he would only run if he got 100% support from the Republican Party and didn't have to earn the nomination in a primary.

Then he lost interest and didn't run, but he took it a step further and didn't even support the actual Republican nominee against Democrat Andrew Cuomo.  The same Democrat who signed the SAFE Act and who Trump donated to multiple times.

So yea, Trump has done this before.  He was in it to promote himself, and when he finally went away, he didn't help the winner against the anti-gun Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll vote for either... I have my doubts on whether the RNC will let that happen though.
View Quote

Combined they would be telling the GOPe how it's gonna be.  The problem is they are philosophically different.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Based on what I've seen here, the only way the republicans won't implode on election day is if they are both on the same ticket.

View Quote

TRump said he would never be VP to CRuz
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#20]
If it can't happen, then you might as well start buying more shit now, because darkness is coming.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct in all respects.  Its time for the circular firing squad to reform the line and start the volley against the democrats.  We need to go on the offensive, take our country back from the insanity that has prevailed for the last 8 years.  We need to be ferocious, relentless, and unforgiving.  Its time to beat the drums of war, and fight for our values.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is not going to play second fiddle to anybody....Cruz or anyone else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Losing either way. This election was supposed to be a slam dunk for GOP to win but they fucked it up.
View Quote

Horseshit

There is no fate but what we make ourselves. We show up to vote, we win. If we concede before the fight starts we lose. Everybody needs put on their big kid pants and show the hell up on election day to keep Clinton out of the White House.

If you vote 3rd party, write in someone else or stay home you suck, pure and simple and you will bear the burden of the destruction of this country. The same as all of the losers who did it for Romney after seeing 4 years of Obama. McCain sucked but Obama was an unknown quantity so I'll allow it. The time for tantrums is over.

I support Ted Cruz, I am a state delegate and will pledge my support to him if I am chosen to go to the national convention. But you can bet your ass that if Trump emerges as the winner he will have my support in the general election.

Excellent point OP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

I firmly believe that it will be one of the two.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So his ego is more important than the country?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Cruz and trump are polar opposites . Cruz does not need trump .
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we'll have to hope Cruz is "the man" his supporters say he is...you know, for the good of the party, country, constitution.

Which is all just a pipe dream since he's doing everything he can to stop Trump, rather than trying to do everything he can to win outright.  That's how he lost me; as soon as he started the "If you don't want Trump, then vote for me" BS.  Now he's spouting off about how "Trump has been mathematically eliminated from getting 1,237 delegates and he know is" when it's actually now probably that he will get 1,237...or damn close.  Cruz is just shilling to keep his base happy and/or dissuade people from voting for Trump (kind of like telling people Carson had withdrawn when he really hadn't).
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been very critical of Trump...but I could get behind and Trump/Cruz ticket.  For all those that say never, no way....may I point to Regan/Bush in 1980 in which there wasn't a lot of love between the two.  It worked well for the GOP, America and Bush Sr.  Cruz as VP would position him for the big chair in 8 years, which is nothing considering his age.  With all this said, he needs to stay in the campaign.  The minute he drops out, Trump gets 1237 and Cruz has no leverage to negotiate with Trump.
View Quote

So true, best thing get Cruz as VP, he is a career politician and can navigate the plans.
Trump as a businessman, can work the financials  and knows how to get it done.

Mix the two and you have a strong team.almost the best of both worlds as far as politics goes.

Problem is BOTH seem to be playing like little kids. You know take my ball and leave bull shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

They both agree on some key issues that are very important to most republicans.

If they could get passed their differences and run on a fiscal conservative, America first policy they would win in a landslide.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong, because with Trump, come his supporters (or at least a good chunk of them)

Cruz will not win without Trump supporters.

I'm not talking about a joint ticket. They just don't have enough voters separately to overcome Hillacunt
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#31]
If Cruz wins he will bow out gracefully and ask his supporters to vote for the nominee.

If Trump wins he will piss and moan about how he was treated unfairly, attack everybody that didn't support him and tell his followers to boycott the election as an unfair practice not worthy of their vote.

Then he'll call Hillary and tell her mission accomplished.

If you think he will just bow out quietly with any measure of class you're crazy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Get it through your thick heads, Trump is not a republican.  Trump is in it for Trump.  And yes, if Hillary was Bill or Obama, this would end up going the worse loss in Republican History.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

There isn't a human alive or dead that can win the presidency as a republican.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel the same way as you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#35]
That would require civility between the two camps and the ardent supporters.

Let me know if you find it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#36]
As much as I dislike Trump I'll vote for him to keep Hillary or Bernie out. I WANT Cruz, but if he's not the guy I'll get over it and vote R.
I'm no liberal so whoever is the nominee gets my vote.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. The name, the image, the ideals. Are all repugnant to most Americans. Even to Republicans
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Selecting a VO should be about winning Swing States.  

If your VP selection is about trying to get Republicans to vote for you, you've already lost the General Election.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If they could get passed their differences and run on a fiscal conservative, America first policy they would win in a landslide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I've said this since the beginning:  if they'd talk about the issues and what they are going to do rather than each other, they'd win.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Just heard on FOX a little while ago that Cruz and Hillary's national unfavorable numbers are now higher than Trump's. Hillary's are well over Trump's. I honestly think we'll probably win with either of these guys as long as the Trumptards vote for Cruz if he's the guy and the Cruzbots vote for Trump if it's him.

The goal should be beating Hillary at all costs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Cruz would be a great VP
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The VP slot is best given to someone in a key swing state, in this case Florida. But it looks like Trump already insulted and alienated Rubio, so that's probably not going to happen either. Trump prides himself on deal-making, but then he goes out of his way to insult and demean the very people who he ought to be making deals with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#43]
HILLARY 2016

Its not too late to join the SS my brothers!

we can either ride on the trains, or load people onto them! the choice is yours!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  2016 was a chance for the GOP to rebrand the party.  But no, we get the same old rich white male candidates that keep losing to Dem "historic" candidates.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#45]
That ship sailed months ago

Be that as it may, I would lose all respect for Cruz if he joined that ticket....which he wont

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to disagree.

Cruz is too ardent a supporter of the Constitution to put him basically on the sidelines.

If some deal is to be made, let it be made to put him somewhere he can make a REAL difference. Somewhere like the Supreme Court.

I'd PREFER Cruz get the nomination, because he's proven supporter of the Constitution. That's pretty rare in politics anymore. I don't trust Trump and I don't like Trump. I DO NOT want to have to vote for Trump, but I will, if it comes down to that.

I just hope he doesn't make me live to regret it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

They usually do. It's sort of their thing...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Everyone is just kidding themselves. There is no way the Cruzbots will support Trump, and no way the Trumpkins will support Cruz. Just look at the 20k threads here with all the locks, personal attacks, and purse swinging.

We're fucked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't say but given the "pull out all the stops" #nevertrump movement he's had to put up with between the GOPe and Toxic Ted I'd not pay them more than lip service either. "OK, I hope you guys win, bye-bye...I'm off to run my company" and that would be the end of it were it me.

Remember, if it's anyone but Trump that means the GOPe has held sway....Why carry their water and spend your money supporting such people?

I may vote for whichever guy has the R out from their name in the GE  but I'd never send the GOPe a dollar much less peck on doors for them.

No "ego" involved and they should count their blessings that I'll vote for them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that be hard to believe?

He gave liberal politicians hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations and we were told he had to do it for his business.  

If his business was more important than his country, surely its not a stretch to say his ego would be as well
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top