Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 7:22:53 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with them? I moved from mowing 4ish acres of shitty terrain lawn with a riding mower to an in town home with a much smaller backyard and like the idea of not having to deal with mixing gas, carbs, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I sold the Husqvarna ones from time to time 18 years ago when I was a full line dealer.

Absolutely trouble free and worth every penny. If my HOA didn't take care of the grass, I'd have one right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You will go from mixing a little bottle of 2 stroke oil to replacing $150-$200 batteries every couple of years. Pick you poison.  I did and went right back to gas mowers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a 4 cycle lawn mower and trimmer
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with them? I moved from mowing 4ish acres of shitty terrain lawn with a riding mower to an in town home with a much smaller backyard and like the idea of not having to deal with mixing gas, carbs, etc.
View Quote

Love my Worx.  Battery pack is a cube with a handle that pops into the lightweight mower and pops out. It takes about 12 hours to recharge.

I mow for exercise, fresh air, and sunlight. I bought an extra battery pack, and found out that I poop out quicker than the batteries do. But I got a third, so when I am going on vacation, I can mow the whole lawn in a single session.

The battery packs can be opened up. They hold two motorcycle type batteries, which any battery shop can replace for you every few years.  

No oils, no fuels to store. No rip cords.  No prepping for the winter.  Just sharpen or replace the blade every couple of years. Very safe. When you let go of the handle, it turns itself off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Go BIG or go home!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will go from mixing a little bottle of 2 stroke oil to replacing $150-$200 batteries every couple of years. Pick you poison.  I did and went right back to gas mowers.
View Quote

My Worx mower battery pack just contains two motorcycle starter batteries. You could even change them out yourself if you have a screwdriver.  ?Motorcycle batteries cost $100 a piece?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Are any battery operated mowers self-propelled?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My Worx mower battery pack just contains two motorcycle starter batteries. You could even change them out yourself if you have a screwdriver.  ?Motorcycle batteries cost $100 a piece?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

they are between 75 and 150 each.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
get a reel mower
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought an EGO from Home Depot last year. More than I wanted to spend but it is *so* nice to use. Light enough to manhandle easily, moves at *my* pace, folds into a small space, battery lasts more than long enough for my small yard, battery recharges quickly, quiet enough that I can mow literally 24/7 w/o hearing protection or bothering the neighbors (it even has headlights!), no gas/oil/air filter/spark plug to worry about. I don't like yard work to being with but the EGO makes it tolerable for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top