Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 3:16:10 PM EDT
Harvey Keitel backs Green Beret punished for confronting accused Afghan child rapist

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/18/harvey-keitel-backs-green-beret-punished-for-confronting-accused-afghan-child-rapist.html

“When I was a young Marine I understood we were present in order to help others who did not have the wherewithal to protect themselves,” Keitel wrote, in an email to Hunter chief of staff Joe Kasper. “Whomever owns the idea that decided to reprimand these two men instead of giving them a medal for their actions should be asked what the hell they would’ve done if it was their child in question …”

"American values are on the line here, and no person I know would not have taken the same actions SFC Martland and Capt. Daniel Quinn did to protect a child, period. That's an American value."

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn right.

Thanks OP, I needed something to smile about today
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I had always assumed that anyone Quentin Tarantino hired was a shitbag.  Nice to be proven wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Jules: You sending the Wolf?
Marsellus: Feel better, motherfucker?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hear, Hear!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice to hear that there are still some good people in the media.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had always assumed that anyone Quentin Tarantino hired was a shitbag.  Nice to be proven wrong.
View Quote

This.  Good to see somebody in Hollyweird think for themselves instead of going with the "script"
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I had not heard of this case before this thread...  Bravo to Mr. Keitel for getting a supreme injustice some press.

Hking
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
So what really happened
The incident is not officially the reason for the discharge, but was seen as contributing to his separation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Harvey Keitel was a tough little bastard, who enlisted in the USMC as a 16 year old.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what really happened
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So what really happened
The incident is not officially the reason for the discharge, but was seen as contributing to his separation.

I've wondered as well.  It's been brought up before but neither Martland nor the Army seem to be talking about the real reason.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Harvey Keitel was a tough little bastard, who enlisted in the USMC as a 16 year old.
View Quote

I have a renewed interest in his acting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Good deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
would be nice to see Trump & Cruz and other conservatives back the good guys here
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I've always like HK, now I have a tangible reason to. Never knew he's a Marine.

Hell Yeah!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Harvey Keitel backs Green Beret punished for confronting accused Afghan child rapist

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/18/harvey-keitel-backs-green-beret-punished-for-confronting-accused-afghan-child-rapist.html

“When I was a young Marine I understood we were present in order to help others who did not have the wherewithal to protect themselves,” Keitel wrote, in an email to Hunter chief of staff Joe Kasper. “Whomever owns the idea that decided to reprimand these two men instead of giving them a medal for their actions should be asked what the hell they would’ve done if it was their child in question …”

"American values are on the line here, and no person I know would not have taken the same actions SFC Martland and Capt. Daniel Quinn did to protect a child, period. That's an American value."

View Quote

that's because they are using obamas values
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool. Unfortunately he has also supported HRC and John Kerry in the past.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Always kinda liked his acting............John Voight is another good guy
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Years ago, Harvey Keitel stopped drinking his coffee and gave me directions to I-95 from LaGuardia
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Conduct Unbecoming will always get you in the end.  UCMJ is a mother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top