Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:40:35 PM EDT
Was just wondering. I have a permit to carry in Oregon and Washington. I am thinking about getting a permit for Texas, since I will be spending time down there periodically.

I noticed that one has to show proficiency in fireing there weapon to obtain a permit in texas.

What is the test like in texas? What constitutes as a pass, or a fail?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
50 rounds from up real close to about 15 feet. Very easy, I did it twice already. If you can't pass this, you should not carry. Good luck, John
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck, we may have reciprocity, check packing.org and see.

TXLEWIS

edit.

You can get a montana permit with the one you have, probably by just requesting one.  Then, you are already qualified in Texas.

TXL

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
No reciprocity with Oregon and Washington.

The shooting test is graded on points.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Piece of cake, last time I took the test it was 50 shots, at 3, 5 and 15 yards. I aced it without even trying.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When I took the test I shot next to this lady and she passed, if that tells you anything.

[img]http://www.edu.linkoping.se/malfors/vision/Optik%20Nicaragua%202000/Old%20lady%20examine.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas won't issue you a permit, as you reside in a state with a concealed carry law.  Texas only issues non-resident permits to residents of states without carry laws, like Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, etc.

However, you can get a Florida non-resident permit (by mail even), which is good in Texas and a lot of other states too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
However, you can get a Florida non-resident permit (by mail even), which is good in Texas and a lot of other states too.
View Quote

How does that work???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top