Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 12:01:52 PM EDT
Hey all.  My little brother's 21st birthday is coming up, and I would  like to get him soemthing special.  He is an avid trap/skeet/sporting clays shooter, and has admired the Perazzi line for quite some time, although he can't afford to even think about getting one, they carry a pretty hefty price tag.  

Although I can't afford to get him a new one, I would love to find a well taken care of Perazzi for sale.  I'd love to get him an MX8, but any model would do, he loves them all.  Does anyone here have one or know of one for sale?  I'd be looking to buy around July.  I can afford about 5,000-9,000.  I really want to make his birthday special, and would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
look on gunsamerica, there're plenty for sale there [url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/searches/PrgP4tjr-NwAAGZUCFY-1.htm[/url]

btw, could you adopt me, I'd like to have a Perazzi too. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A quick search on GunsAmerica ([url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/[/url]) turned up more than a dozen, most in your price range.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link, I didn't know the place existed!  It's pretty cool, and you are right, they have a lot of the stuff I'm looking for.  I can't wait, I've been saving for quite some time to get him something, I want this to be as special as possible.  Now comes the other part...what does everyone think about this plan...

My girlfriends and I have already arranged with his employer to give him 2 days off, his bday is on Monday, we'll be kidnapping him early Monday morning and taking him to the trap range, which opens at 8.  There I'll give him the gun and a couple of rounds of trap.  A friend of mine, on whom he has a crush on, will ask him to help her shoot...[:)]  After we'll take him out to the desert for a skydiving trip, another thing he's always wanted to do.  Finally, we'll be driving out to Vegas, about 3 hours away, and get him good and drunk!!!  He'll recover the next day and we'll finally bring him home.

Any suggestions on this plan would be greatly appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]

WOW.

Amazing plan.

That would amount to the best day of my life.

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Get him a room, and get your friend to "help" him up to his room when he's good and drunk.

can you be my brother? I  turn 21 in 2 months.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I'm his sister.....I asked some guy friends of mine what they thought the perfect 21st birthday would be, and I arranged it around that.  He's my best friend, along with being a wonderful person and an amazing brother, and he's had a hard year.  Only thing I can't arrange is a sleepover with my friend, I don't know anyone like that.  He'll have to arrange that on his own!  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]
You are quite possibly the coolest sister ever.  My dad bought himself and my brother (I was 3 at the time) MX8 Combos (single barrel, and O/U, two triggers) after my parents divorce.  My brother ended up selling his for college money (as a last resort) and our dad sold his when he needed money to start his business.  Somewhere along the line the same guy ended up with both of them.  He developed Parkinson's disease to the point he couldn't shoot anymore.  He knew my brother wanted to buy his back if it was ever for sale, so he somehow found out how to get a hold of our dad, and sold both guns back for the same price he paid (they are actually worth more).  We basically tricked my brother into flying up from California, and our dad suprised him by giving his gun back to him.  That's the only time I've ever seen my brother cry.  He thought he'd never see that gun again.  Our dad gave me his gun since he had no interest in trapshooting anymore.

So yes, MX8s make great gifts.

You might check [URL]shootpita.com[/URL] (or other shotgun sports classifieds) from time to time and click the marketplace link.  There is an MX-8 Combo for $4500 on there now in Rocklin, California wherever that is.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only thing I can't arrange is a sleepover with my friend, I don't know anyone like that.  He'll have to arrange that on his own!  [:)]
View Quote

I'm sure he will try....[:D] Nothing like liquid courage.

BTW you're the coolest sister I've ever heard of. I turn 21 in 2 months and I seriously doubt anything like that's gonna happen  for me. Course, my siblings are younger. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top