Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 10:49:23 AM EDT

My brother has been in IRAQ for sometime now but has only received 1 letter from me.

I have sent 16 packages and 6 letters.  

He says they have a mini warehouse that is stacked to the ceiling with mail for the troops with 2 or 3 trucks waiting outside to deliver mail  but the mail guys only work 6 hours a day.

He was able to use a AIRFORCE Mobil Internet Satellite Terminal to send me a email. It sounds like life really sucks over there.

He noted in his email that the temperature in his area can reach close to 120F easy.

They finally got a shower rigged up with 7 mins each person (4 at a time). He also said there is nothing like seeing a A-10 do CAS support.

On a last note: he said the POWs do not understand English at all but most of them know what to do when they (the MPS) sweep a M249 or M16 around pointing to where to stand or what to do.

If anyone has stories from friends or family members over there please share.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent a package to a Marine friend in February. I just got a letter from him on Saturday (dated April 18th) saying that he got the package and all is well. He is in Iraq, just don't know where.

I will post the letter when I get home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top