Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:51:22 AM EDT
He is a entertaining host, much better than lame ass Letterman or Gonad O'Brien.

Watching Letterman is like shopping at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
He's really changed The Daily Show.  It's halfway serious now. I tuned in for the first time in a while, and he had some political author on instead of an entertainer, and I thought "What the hell?" It was a pretty somber interview, very little of the funny.

I liked Craig Kilborn because he looks and acts like a tv anchor, and the humor was so mean-spirited.  But he wasn't that great of an interviewer. He was ok.  Jon Stewart's a great interviewer, but doesn't look or deliver the fake news like a tv anchor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Letterman rocks!!!  Just yesterday he threw 35gallons of superballs off a 10 story building!

Where else will you find entertainment like that!?!?

Letterman & Wal*Mart are leaders in their markets!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
He is a very funny guy.  But, he is a  flaming liberal.  He is clearly biased against anything from the right.

He tries to hide it a bit, but isn't successful.  Watch him for  an entire  week and you'll catch it.

Don't get me wrong.  I think comedy should parody the establishment.   But it should parody and insult BOTH political sides.  he does  not.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's really changed The Daily Show.  It's halfway serious now. I tuned in for the first time in a while, and he had some political author on instead of an entertainer, and I thought "What the hell?" It was a pretty somber interview, very little of the funny.

I liked Craig Kilborn because he looks and acts like a tv anchor, and the humor was so mean-spirited.  But he wasn't that great of an interviewer. He was ok.  Jon Stewart's a great interviewer, but doesn't look or deliver the fake news like a tv anchor.
View Quote

I agree is more serious than CK. However, as you pointed out, the show has been bringing in more serious-type guests.
Lately, there have been no brainless actors for the lame 20-questions bit.

I think Stewart can do either bit exceptionally: serious and funny (but not good at mean-funny). It all depends on where the producers orientate the program.

As far as the politcal prority of the program and Stewart:  I think they are pretty open minded. Much of the war based "reporting" I found to be more right-sided.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#8]
After the "snipers wanted" bit he did on Bush during the 2000 campaign, I will never watch his show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top