Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 3:22:13 PM EDT
I don't like to talk too much smack about Best Korea. It's like picking on the special-needs kid down the street. Bless his poor little extra-chromosome heart, he can't help himself.

But I couldn't help but wonder: Every photo I've seen of Best Leader looking at things seems to have a bunch of other people in the frame just standing there with notebooks.

Why, and what for?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably writing their wills.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
His entourage follows him everywhere and he is to be treated with absolute adoration at all times. Every single thing he does, it so be considered worthy of their full attention and noteworthy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They're wearing military uniforms.

So it's a pretty good bet there's at least a few dick drawings in those notebooks.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Waiters.  

The Dear Leader loves hearing about the daily specials.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't seem too odd to me. I'm sure they are there for his every needs and they write it all down.

"I want more chocolate in the donuts!" etc
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what they are writing.

But I do know what they are thinking.

They're thinking:

- "will I be the next one purged?" And

- "what gruesome execution method does our Dear Leader have planned for me?"

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't find a picture of the painting.

Kim Il Sung's birth myth is that a new star formed in the sky, a double rainbow appeared, the seasons instantly changed from winter to spring, then two lightning bolts converged in the sky, with Best Korea's favorite mountain in the background. Out pops dear leader riding on the back of a unicorn.

You're talking about a society that actually believes Fat Boy's grandpa appeared on a unicorn.

The whole nation is looney toon land. Expect the unexpected.

Vice news managed to get a visit to North Korea. It's a 3 part series, and it's interesting:

http://www.vice.com/video/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

They also managed to find a few of the North Korean slave labor camps in southern Siberia. That's in a different video series.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Writing down his thoughts and desires..............who knows when he might give a pop quiz? Those who fail get executed by mortar round

In that pic of the airport snack bar, it looks like Fat Boy imported the Golden Corral chocolate Ebola fountain

Quoted:
I don't like to talk too much smack about Best Korea. It's like picking on the special-needs kid down the street. Bless his poor little extra-chromosome heart, he can't help himself.

But I couldn't help but wonder: Every photo I've seen of Best Leader looking at things seems to have a bunch of other people in the frame just standing there with notebooks.

Why, and what for?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Woe be upon you if you show up without your notebook.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kim Il Sung's birth myth is that a new star formed in the sky, a double rainbow appeared, the seasons instantly changed from winter to spring, then two lightning bolts converged in the sky, with Best Korea's favorite mountain in the background. Out pops dear leader riding on the back of a unicorn.

You're talking about a society that actually believes Fat Boy's grandpa appeared on a unicorn.

Vice news managed to get a visit to North Korea. It's a 3 part series, and it's interesting:

They also managed to find a few of the North Korean slave labor camps in southern Siberia. That's in a different video series.
View Quote

You gotta figure there's at least a few people in North Korea... government higher-ups, generals, big factory managers, that sort of thing... that actually can see the real world from time to time, and have to live surrounded by this weird surrealist nightmare.  They have the perks to keep them relatively comfortable, but can't do anything to change the fucked-up world they live in.

That's got to be a major mind-fuck.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Writing down his thoughts and desires..............who knows when he might give a pop quiz? Those who fail get executed by mortar round

In that pic of the airport snack bar, it looks like Fat Boy imported the Golden Corral chocolate Ebola fountain
View Quote

It looked to me like they misplaced all of the snacks.

But I would love to turn Best Leader loose in the Ghetto Corral. I think I'd need popcorn. Would GC be cool with me bringing in outside popcorn?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, the Dear leader is assumed to be a genius/expert on everything, agriculture, engineering, a pilot etc. so any utterances he makes on any subject while on tour around the country is to be written down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the Dear leader is assumed to be a genius/expert on everything, agriculture, engineering, a pilot etc. so any utterances he makes on any subject while on tour around the country is to be written down.

The bitter irony is that the big ass damn they built a while ago flooded a bunch of the best farm land in the nation.

It was Dear Leaders great vision.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The bitter irony is that the big ass damn they built a while ago flooded a bunch of the best farm land in the nation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to mount an effective rebellion when you're starving.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of dickbutt drawings....
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Serious answer:  There is an extreme cult of personality surrounding the Kims.  They are viewed as an expert in everything, so when he tours a facility the people there are supposed to take notes on whatever expertise he hands down to them.

Korean culture is heavily hierarchical, and elders are seen as dispensers of wisdom, so with the Kims seen as the fathers of the country they are supposed to dispense wisdom on everything.  My mother-in-law was born in what is now North Korea, and seriously has an opinion on everything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Serious answer:  There is an extreme cult of personality surrounding the Kims.  They are viewed as an expert in everything, so when he tours a facility the people there are supposed to take notes on whatever expertise he hands down to them.

Korean culture is heavily hierarchical, and elders are seen as dispensers of wisdom, so with the Kims seen as the fathers of the country they are supposed to dispense wisdom on everything.  My mother-in-law was born in what is now North Korea, and seriously has an opinion on everything.
View Quote

They did this with Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-Il also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#18]
The Little Fat Man is telling them I want this many of this or that, or he could be telling them who to kill and with what weapon because he
is not happy with the quality or the workmanship of whatever he is looking at. Then again he could be telling them who to kill
just because it is a Monday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, its pretty crazy the cult surrounding them.  I wonder how much the people actually believe them to be as great as they are portrayed, or they are just afraid of being executed, or both.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1068618429814981.1073741831.907354329274726&type=3

Kim Jong Un is on Facebook passing on his glorious wisdom to all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top