Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 5:54:20 PM EDT
I have a couple floodlights around the house that use the long, thin, 110v halogen tube bulbs (#R7S) with a contact at each end and measure 118mm long. THey seem to burn our rather frequently which usually results in me dragging the ladder around the yard to replace the bulbs.

Does anyone have any experience with the LED replacements for these bulbs? I'll end up going with the 15w LED, but would like to know if the light output is equivalent to the 150w halogens.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The output is good.   DONOT look at the bulb when it turns on.    It was a painful experience.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The output is good.   DONOT look at the bulb when it turns on.    It was a painful experience.
View Quote

I learned my lesson with my LED flashlight. I imagine that 15w would be 15 times more hurt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
THey seem to burn our rather frequently which usually results in me dragging the ladder around the yard to replace the bulbs.

View Quote

are you using good bulbs and installing them w/o touching them (oils/fingerprints??)

a normal halogen will get a couple years unless you have a shitty housing

eta 150w you have a install problem or a shit housing
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I replaced all the ones around the old shop with RAB led floodlights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

are you using good bulbs and installing them w/o touching them (oils/fingerprints??)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THey seem to burn our rather frequently which usually results in me dragging the ladder around the yard to replace the bulbs.

Bulbs are either phillips or sylvania, and they aren't touched. Usually use a clean cloth to hold them while I install them.
Could be the housing...they came with the house.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there an LED replacement bulb for these halogen lights?  I have two of them with motion sensor floodlights that use the long halogen bulbs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there an LED replacement bulb for these halogen lights?  I have two of them with motion sensor floodlights that use the long halogen bulbs.
View Quote

Yes. Here's a link to ebay that has some photos at the bottom of the listing. I'm not recommending this seller or his product.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes. Here's a link to ebay that has some photos at the bottom of the listing. I'm not recommending this seller or his product.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I looked and found those on Amazon earlier but they say not to use in enclosed fixtures and all my outdoor floodlights have enclosed housings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top