Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 11:14:28 PM EDT
She decided to take a break from animals and people and hammered this out pretty quickly:

She's trying to build up a base on instagram and twitter. This is building towards her eventual goal of having an active youtube channel (still a few months away) featuring her artwork and eventually selling prints and stuff online.

If you have followed along with her drawings here and are enjoying them, please subscribe to her or follow or whatever the cool kids call it these days and show her some support.

https://www.instagram.com/pinaypencilart/

https://twitter.com/PinayPencilArt

Her youtube channel's been created already but there's no content there yet.

For the leghumpers:

DSC_7767 by Zack, on Flickr

Thanks!

For those that haven't kept up with her drawings here's a few (but not all):

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
She's got talent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Mad skills!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
She's got talent, and good looking.  Keep her, don't eject.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell yeah man she has talent for sure. Is the second from last picture Leon from the Professional?

ETA: Added to instagram
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do Not Eject.

I repeat...

Do Not Eject.

Good looking and talented. Good job OP, you win.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell yeah man she has talent for sure. Is the second from last picture Leon from the Professional?

View Quote

Jean Reno, correct!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do Not Eject.

I repeat...

Do Not Eject.

View Quote

Nobody said anything about ejecting.

She's holding up her end so far well enough.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
One more bump
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#9]
jean reno turned out awesome, I hope you have luck getting in touch with him or his guys.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Good stuff.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
jean reno turned out awesome, I hope you have luck getting in touch with him or his guys.
View Quote

I haven't made much ground there.

I do know that Jewel Staite and Summer Glau are both fairly active on twitter, perhaps they'll stumble upon her drawings there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a snake hiding behind a flower.  It looks your GF is getting into politics.  She should sell this to the Hillary campaign.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is a snake hiding behind a flower.  It looks your GF is getting into politics.  She should sell this to the Hillary campaign.
View Quote

This is why nobody likes 13ers
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Jean Reno, correct!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jean Reno, correct!

When  she starts selling her work I would be interested in purchasing one of her pieces. The Jean Reno piece is stunning, Has she ever done drawings off of other peoples picture? It would be cool to have one done of my late father.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Superbly talented!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When  she starts selling her work I would be interested in purchasing one of her pieces. The Jean Reno piece is stunning, Has she ever done drawings off of other peoples picture? It would be cool to have one done of my late father.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jean Reno, correct!

So far all the portraits that she's done have been based on a digital image.

Essentially what she does is bring the picture up on her phone, zoom in tight on a particular area and draw it, then another, then another. She started out using grids for precision but is trying to get away from that crutch.

If you have a super high resolution picture (I'm talking better than a potato pic from a phone) I can likely get her to do it for you.

We are having some trouble finding a place local to her that can handle scanning paper the size that she's using  (9x12) but once we get that sorted prints will likely be coming up for sale.  That's going to be well in the future though, several inquiries have been made regarding the osprey drawing already.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
14 followers on twitter, 186 on instagram so far as of this posting.

I know there are a few ARFCOM members on instagram. I'm not sure about the twitter.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do Not Eject.

I repeat...

Do Not Eject.

View Quote

Agreed but artsy chicks are usually libs
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Her next project, a hummingbird.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Subscriber count:

Twitter - 17
Instagram - 202

as of this posting. I know there are some ARFCOM members in there. Thank you! Keep em coming!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Updates -

Instagram - 257
Twitter - 19

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Instagram - 330
Twitter - 18

She asked me to make her a new profile picture for her social media stuff. Since she draws in black and white, I figured a black and white picture of her would be fitting.

DSC_8073w by Zack, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice hummingbirds. Those little guys can be mean mofos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top