Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:12:10 PM EDT
I've asked this question in several other post, but no Trump supporters have bother to post a response...so I'll start a thread.  This is the question from the FoxNews debate that started the bad blood and has led to this whole issue.  I've posted the text of the question  and as Trump supporters and others bashing FoxNews to tell me why this question was unfair to Trump.

KELLY: Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

(LAUGHTER)

Your Twitter account…

TRUMP: Only Rosie O’Donnell.

(LAUGHTER)

KELLY: No, it wasn’t.

(APPLAUSE)

Your Twitter account…

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: Thank you.

KELLY: For the record, it was well beyond Rosie O’Donnell.

TRUMP: Yes, I’m sure it was.

KELLY: Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
They didn't ask their darling iYeb! about illegal immigration being "an act of love" their first question.

Kelly is Ailes's bitch and the debate would have been a hit for any non-GOPe favorite.

It just happened to be the Orange Man who walked into that buzzsaw because Fox saw him as a soft target at the time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
She's a cunt.
End of story.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Perfectly fair questions (Albeit a tarp/gotcha moment) for anyone running for elected office who has made such statements in a public venue, answered by the Donald's well practiced insulting deflections.

contrast it with this:

all part of the game.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They didn't ask their darling iYeb! about illegal immigration being "an act of love" their first question.

Kelly is Ailes's bitch and the debate would have been a hit for any non-GOPe favorite.

It just happened to be the Orange Man who walked into that buzzsaw because Fox saw him as a soft target at the time.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just reading that is not the same as seeing it happen.

Tone, inflections, non-verbal cues add to that.

She was disrespectful to the leading Republican candidate…and even if Trump said those things, you respect the position, not the man.

Cruz 2016.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That silly woman should go back to her kitchen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it a question that's designed to invoke a sincere and honest answer or to test how nimbly he can evade it? How useful and informative is it really for the American people to see him address that question? Might it not be a question more designed to bring to light bad behavior and designed to watch him squirm? Wouldn't it be more useful to ask him questions about his proposed policies or thoughts on current ones?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It was absolutely appropriate.

If someone doesn't have a voting record, they should be asked about their personal views and comments.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

And teach her to make a sammich.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The problem is that all the questions were like that.  It isn't the fucking Megyn Kelly show, it is a debate.  You're supposed to get the candidates talking about the issues and differences between them.  One or two questions about an embarrassing point is fine, but Megyn's conduct was demeaning and insulting not just to Trump, but to the American voter.  This is perhaps the most important election in recent memory and all that ditz wants to talk about his herself.  Let me help Megyn out with some questions.

"Mr. Bush, Donald Trump has said that he wants to ban Muslim immigration in light of the San Bernadino and Paris attacks.  Do you agree with this, and if not, how would you address the issue of terrorists coming in through normal immigration or asylum channels."

"Mr. Christie, you have consistently pointed to your experience in government as making you better qualified than candidates like Donald Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.  What specifically is it about your experience that would make you a better President then someone with private sector business experience?"

Questions should be like that, so the candidates can talk about each other, not debate Megyn Kelly for 3 hours.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Did Kelley attack every candidates perceived weakness?
Jeb's immigration stance? Rubios Dreamer/ in state tuition for illegals stance?
Cruz's inability to work with others? Christi's weight problem/temper?

If I recall correctly no other candidate was hit with the same level of hard ball questions that she hit Trump with.

So it begs the question: Is she an activist or a reporter?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
would have been totally fair..if she would have turned to every other candidate on the stage and grilled them on something negative about another person that they have said before...instead...she went right on into policy questions and such and never hit any of the other candidates with such questions...so...IMO
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And have her shovel some snow afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#14]
It was really unfair. Really really really unfair.

But life is unfair.

Trump knows exactly what he's doing.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If someone doesn't have a voting record, they should be asked about their personal views and comments.

View Quote

100% correct. ^^^
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's only one reason FNC hired her to sit in front of the camera and bump her gums, and I'm pretty sure her skill with a mixer wasn't it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was really unfair. Really really really unfair.

But life is unfair.

View Quote

yep...and now Fox is damn near begging the man to show up... O'Rielly all but offered a BJ to Trump last night to come on....so..yea...Trump knows exactly what he's doing... he's the only fucking thing on TV right now b/c of this...so again...WIN WIN for Trump..
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Fair or unfair, that's water under the bridge.  

Unprofessional would be the right way to describe the tweets from Ailes/Fox saying how Putin would be mean to Trump, etc.  

When that kind of attitude prevails in the management/ownership of the outfit running the debate, why participate?

My first instinct was to say that bailing out of the debate was a mistake on Trump's part.  

Now I'm not so sure it wasn't the smart move.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Every candidate in this election cycle has been asked questions about personal comments and past beliefs.

Trump isn't a special snowflake that gets a pass on his past comments.  He put those comments out there in the public and he should be expected to explain them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
When you think about the tantrum Trump has thrown over his own comments how is he expected to govern?  Will he boycott the state of the Union?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Whether or not it was appropriate or not is a moot point. The way he handled it is very telling. If he were to become president he's going to be asked much worse questions. He's not going to be able to act like a petulant child like he is now. Oh so Megyn Kelly is going to be there? Well I'm not going then is not going to be an option.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Since The Donald won't answer any actual policy questions with any hint of detail, I'm not sure what other questions she could have asked.  It really played into his plans of turning this election into a reality TV show, which he could win.  I expect all the Trumpsters to jump on this statement but what does it say about our country if people like him can get elected to our highest office?  I thought this type of BS only lived in Cali.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Unfair?  No.

Truly classless?  Yes.

I'm not a fan of Trump and I've never been a big fan of MK (other than poking my nose into the "what is she wearing today" threads), and I haven't watched her show since that first debate.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The funny thing is that a day before that debate, if you'd asked GD what they thought of Megan Kelly you would've had nothing but adoring fanboys ready to crawl through broken glass to sniff her ass.  Suddenly she's a bitch because she asked The Trump a question that they don't like.  

And whether certain other questions were asked of other candidates or not, the fact remains that it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that someone running for President shouldn't be asked about public comments he's made demeaning women.  Putting your heads further up Trump's ass doesn't make the issue irrelevant.
View Quote

^ this guy gets it
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've asked this question in several other post, but no Trump supporters have bother to post a response...so I'll start a thread.  This is the question from the FoxNews debate that started the bad blood and has led to this whole issue.  I've posted the text of the question  and as Trump supporters and others bashing FoxNews to tell me why this question was unfair to Trump.

KELLY: Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

(LAUGHTER)

Your Twitter account…

TRUMP: Only Rosie O’Donnell.

(LAUGHTER)

KELLY: No, it wasn’t.

(APPLAUSE)

Your Twitter account…

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: Thank you.

KELLY: For the record, it was well beyond Rosie O’Donnell.

TRUMP: Yes, I’m sure it was.

KELLY: Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?
View Quote

It was a subtle "war on women" accusation.  I root for Trump a little more each day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#28]
He should have answered "Seems to me Fox has a war on women, not me, where are the fat, ugly reporters, journalists and moderators tonight?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Probably the most important election of our times and that is what she comes out with? Please it was a BS gotcha question made to demean him.
To bring up a personal spat between two people with one having zero relevance was a waste of the viewers time.
They did not get around to asking a question about the economy for something like over an hour, an hour.

FUMK
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Fair and balanced:

"We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings," the Fox spokesperson said.

View Quote

Source: Business Insider

With that kind of attitude on display from supposed news journalists, can you really blame him for declining?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Like it or not, a lot of women (and guilt ridden "men") buy into this fictions "war on women".

The leading GOP candidate is not shy from saying and tweeting things that aren't simply un-PC but very crass and undignified about women's physical attributes and appearance.  It's not hard to imagine the DNC running a commercial that shows some cute little innocent 8-9 year old girl playing with in her room while you have the voice of Trump in the background saying these things he's said or his twitter comments appearing on the screen.  Slam dunk for the DNC.  Trump has said a lot of things that are beyond un-PC and he has to account for how he will overcome them in a general election.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump is going to win. Suck it up and move on OP
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Not in the least. Unfair would be something like, your 34 year old daughter is getting divorced because her husband cheated on her. What does that say about your parenting skills that you raised her to pick a cheater as a life partner?

Asking a man about his own words, even though embarrassing to him, is not unfair or out of line, especially when you are running for president.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is it a question that's designed to invoke a sincere and honest answer or to test how nimbly he can evade it? How useful and informative is it really for the American people to see him address that question? Might it not be a question more designed to bring to light bad behavior and designed to watch him squirm? Wouldn't it be more useful to ask him questions about his proposed policies or thoughts on current ones?
View Quote

Totally fair. Trump would get hammered with it over and over in a head-to-head with Hillary. If he can't handle the question in a Republican forum with a friendly audience, how will he handle it in a hostile forum?

Trump is skipping tonight's debate for strategic reasons. He has nothing new to say, and he only stands to lose ground in the debate. He sees no upside. Kelly is a cover story. I think Trump is making a huge mistake. Skipping makes him look like a whiny pussy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

She was disrespectful to the leading Republican candidate…and even if Trump said those things, you respect the position, not the man.

Cruz 2016.

View Quote

Bullshit, he is owed no special treatment because he is the front runner. As much as the question on Cruz's citizenship was ridiculous, I don't think it was unfair to ask it. Trump acting all butthurt is a way of deflecting attention from his boorish personality.

Agreed, Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#38]
here's my take on it.  Trump got asked Tabloid "gotcha" questions.  Complete different tone than all other candidates. Everyone else got policy questions.

Kelly to Trump: is it true you called Rosie a fat pig, and you are a misogynist who hates all women?

Kelly to Jeb: Tell us how your fantastic tax plan helps the middle class.

if she asked bullshit trap questions to everyone,  I wouldn't care. But the only two who got bullshit trap or tabloid questions were Trump, and Cruz. She hit cruz with some "why'd you try and take down the entire government by yourself for no reason?" question.

Fox likes GOPe.  Fox is trying to torpedo the two GOPOP GOP OG's) candidates every time she could.

See the difference? it was a fair question, if EVERYONE got asked the same type of tabloid reporting question. Every one of them could have been asked something like that,  Krispy Kreme shutting down highways, Rubio advocating illegals for free etc.

but nobody else got one like that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised you aren't pissed off at Trump for his elitist attitude and thin skin... I mean in 2011 you thought he was the biggest piece of shit in politics.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Trump is going to win. Suck it up and move on OP
View Quote

I'm just trying to break through the cult of personality appeal and make people look at this objectively...everyone HATES it when a democrat gets a pass in a debate.  Yet, ask Trump a legitimate question about his own public comments and everyone looses their mind.  

The point of the debate isn't to allow the candidates the opportunity to simply spout off their pre-rehearsed stump speeches.  It's to ask questions that the voters might want to hear, it's to make them answer for things they've said or done or voted on in the past (like Rubio's gang of 8, or Cruz being a Canuck or Carson believing that Joseph used the pyramids to store grain).
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Cruz 2016.

View Quote

"Candidate" is not a position and in and of itself deserves no particular respect.  Trump ran his mouth off about women and got called on it.  Perfectly legitimate question.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]
My only issue is that it was biased and hypocritical.  This is fucking fox news, they have only hired like one ugly chick. Megyn wouldn't be near as successful if she wasn't pretty, so she shouldn't have been the one to ask the question.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Respect ias earned.
Was Trump's remark about Fiorina's looks 'respectful' and useful?

He is now acting like a proto-Fascist in training.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Trump's an idiot, need I say more?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#46]

You do know that Cruzy Baby will not build a "wall", and he ducked the question last night on Hannity when asked...

This debate was set up from the start, to try and take out Trump before the first 3 primaries.

He was going to get get ambushed by the Illegal alien and than the Radical muslim idiot, and than The Bleeder was going to try an d box him in.

Trump did the best he could, I would have dumped FOX in a heartbeat over their bias on this debate.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Because the vast majority of hard questions were targeted at trump, then Cruz, the rest were coddled.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

^ this guy gets it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The funny thing is that a day before that debate, if you'd asked GD what they thought of Megan Kelly you would've had nothing but adoring fanboys ready to crawl through broken glass to sniff her ass.  Suddenly she's a bitch because she asked The Trump a question that they don't like.  

And whether certain other questions were asked of other candidates or not, the fact remains that it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that someone running for President shouldn't be asked about public comments he's made demeaning women.  Putting your heads further up Trump's ass doesn't make the issue irrelevant.

^ this guy gets it

He does, and he's right. These are questions Trump should be prepared to answer, regardless of what the other candidates are asked. Especially if he's going to try to earn female votes. He's dug himself a deep hole with regards to his attitudes toward women, and it's a liability now. He needs to figure out how to address the issue if he wants to succeed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Going in to that debate, it was wildly circulated that she was gunning for him. All of the talk shows were discussing how she had made backroom comments about how she was "going to get him." It's not like she showed up and it just happened. If you will recall, everyone already knew it was going to happen, and everyone was waiting for it. I wouldn't say that's going in to an exactly "fair" debate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top