Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Has Trump never insulted a man before?  

The question makes his insults out to be sexist, when in fact they're just insults.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If a guy - let's call him Trump - is stupid enough to publicly say that he's asking his Twitter groupies if he should attend the last debate prior to the first caucus of the year, he's painted the target on his own back for some mockery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fair and balanced:

"We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings," the Fox spokesperson said.

Source: Business Insider

With that kind of attitude on display from supposed news journalists, can you really blame him for declining?

If a guy - let's call him Trump - is stupid enough to publicly say that he's asking his Twitter groupies if he should attend the last debate prior to the first caucus of the year, he's painted the target on his own back for some mockery.

It's the modern version of an emperor of Rome asking his people what he should do by holding his thumb up or down and deciding by their cheers. I can't believe so many on here are blinded by him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of hard questions were targeted at trump, then Cruz, the rest were coddled.
View Quote

And I don't remember Cruz supporters crying like bitches, slamming Megyn on social media with vicious misogynistic posts (done here as well), etc. And I certainly don't remember Cruz carrying on and on and on like Chump.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did Kelley attack every candidates perceived weakness?
Jeb's immigration stance? Rubios Dreamer/ in state tuition for illegals stance?
Cruz's inability to work with others? Christi's weight problem/temper?

If I recall correctly no other candidate was hit with the same level of hard ball questions that she hit Trump with.

So it begs the question: Is she an activist or a reporter?
View Quote

She's a reporter and he's is RINO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
here's my take on it.  Trump got asked Tabloid "gotcha" questions.  Complete different tone than all other candidates. Everyone else got policy questions.

Kelly to Trump: is it true you called Rosie a fat pig, and you are a misogynist who hates all women?

Kelly to Jeb: Tell us how your fantastic tax plan helps the middle class.

if she asked bullshit trap questions to everyone,  I wouldn't care. But the only two who got bullshit trap or tabloid questions were Trump, and Cruz. She hit cruz with some "why'd you try and take down the entire government by yourself for no reason?" question.

Fox likes GOPe.  Fox is trying to torpedo the two GOPOP GOP OG's) candidates every time she could.

See the difference? it was a fair question, if EVERYONE got asked the same type of tabloid reporting question. Every one of them could have been asked something like that,  Krispy Kreme shutting down highways, Rubio advocating illegals for free etc.

but nobody else got one like that.
View Quote

Do you think maybe no one else got asked that question because they did call Rosie a fat pig? Let's face it, you or I can call Rosie a fat pig but a politician should be a little more professional.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
It's an unfair question because in Megyn Kelly's mind, when he refers to a particular person in those terms, she sees it as disparaging against women in general.  She's playing the gender card and it comes off as more of a personal vendetta against Trump rather than a question a respectable journalist would ask.  

She's no better than a black person losing their shit because someone called another unrelated black person "black."  Her nose flares because he called someone who happens to have a vagina "disgusting."

There's no other way I can explain it to make it make more sense.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Not unfair......but completely not relevant.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The funny thing is that a day before that debate, if you'd asked GD what they thought of Megan Kelly you would've had nothing but adoring fanboys ready to crawl through broken glass to sniff her ass.  Suddenly she's a bitch because she asked The Trump a question that they don't like.  

And whether certain other questions were asked of other candidates or not, the fact remains that it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that someone running for President shouldn't be asked about public comments he's made demeaning women.  Putting your heads further up Trump's ass doesn't make the issue irrelevant.
View Quote

You speak of ARFCOM as if everybody agrees on the same thing.  And, for the record, I've lost my taste for Megyn Kelly LONG ago.  She's hot in that one photoshoot she did, but she's been grating on nerves for at least a few years now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every candidate in this election cycle has been asked questions about personal comments and past beliefs.

Trump isn't a special snowflake that gets a pass on his past comments.  He put those comments out there in the public and he should be expected to explain them.
View Quote

But did Megan Kelly ask those questions at the same time she posed her questions to the Don?  Or did she or her managers decide they don't like trump and they want to make him look bad.  If it's the latter she was way out of line, that's not the job of a debate moderator.  Asking as a serious question because I only saw the highlights.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And I don't remember Cruz supporters crying like bitches, slamming Megyn on social media with vicious misogynistic posts (done here as well), etc. And I certainly don't remember Cruz carrying on and on and on like Chump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of hard questions were targeted at trump, then Cruz, the rest were coddled.

Exactly so. Piling misogynism on top of misogynism will do nothing to entice women voters to vote for Trump, and like it or not, he needs those votes if he wants to win. And by acting like misogynistic brats, his supporters are working to drive away the voters he needs just as much as he is, if not more so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Exactly so. Piling misogynism on top of misogynism will do nothing to entice women voters to vote for Trump, and like it or not, he needs those votes if he wants to win. And by acting like misogynistic brats, his supporters are working to drive away the voters he needs just as much as he is, if not more so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Applause!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Talking in generalities, obviously. I can post a few links I found where "GD" is fawning over Megan Kelly if it matters, but I don't think my generalization is off base.  The "Megan Kelly for president" thread from January 2015, for instance, was delightful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The funny thing is that a day before that debate, if you'd asked GD what they thought of Megan Kelly you would've had nothing but adoring fanboys ready to crawl through broken glass to sniff her ass.  Suddenly she's a bitch because she asked The Trump a question that they don't like.  

And whether certain other questions were asked of other candidates or not, the fact remains that it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that someone running for President shouldn't be asked about public comments he's made demeaning women.  Putting your heads further up Trump's ass doesn't make the issue irrelevant.

You speak of ARFCOM as if everybody agrees on the same thing.  And, for the record, I've lost my taste for Megyn Kelly LONG ago.  She's hot in that one photoshoot she did, but she's been grating on nerves for at least a few years now.

Talking in generalities, obviously. I can post a few links I found where "GD" is fawning over Megan Kelly if it matters, but I don't think my generalization is off base.  The "Megan Kelly for president" thread from January 2015, for instance, was delightful.

If you're going to do that then be fair.  How many different posters in those few fawning threads are in this thread saying the opposite thing?  My point is that there are a lot of GD'rs, and hardly anyone agrees on the same thing.  Besides that, opinions can be nuanced.  Just because someone says they'd lick her fartbox doesn't mean they wouldn't call her a vile cunt at the same time.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not unfair......but completely not relevant.
View Quote

This is the problem, Megan Kelly took cheap shots at everyone and turned what was supposed to be a debate into her own reality TV show.

She fucked it up, Trump is the only one not afraid to walk away from that shit.

All Fox had to do was replace her with any one of the hot Fox girls or competent guys, but they wanted a rematch and sold tickets to advertisers.

The Fox Business debate was great, they could have used that crew again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm surprised you aren't pissed off at Trump for his elitist attitude and thin skin... I mean in 2011 you thought he was the biggest piece of shit in politics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That silly woman should go back to her kitchen.

And teach her to make a sammich.....

And have her shovel some snow afterwards.

I'm surprised you aren't pissed off at Trump for his elitist attitude and thin skin... I mean in 2011 you thought he was the biggest piece of shit in politics.

I don't know, what does it say about the baby boomer generation that led to the insane surge in divorce rates that passed on that influence to their kids?  Those same baby boomers that think their opinion should be held in high regard when it comes to who to vote for.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've asked this question in several other post, but no Trump supporters have bother to post a response...so I'll start a thread.  This is the question from the FoxNews debate that started the bad blood and has led to this whole issue.  I've posted the text of the question  and as Trump supporters and others bashing FoxNews to tell me why this question was unfair to Trump.

View Quote

The line of questioning assumes that it is inappropriate to be
disrespectful to any woman, no matter how she behaves. It is to say that
women are above criticism, shaming, and mocking due solely to being
women, and no matter how they behave.

It was not a question, it was a call to lynch him for heresy.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, we're taking up the left's causes and calling people misogynists and woman haters now?

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely NOT a Trump supporter but Kelly comes off like she has an axe to grind with Trump.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#20]
No because if Hillary gets the nomination she's going to ask him the same question. What's he going to do then? Refuse to debate her?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Seriously, we're taking up the left's causes and calling people misogynists and woman haters now?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  If Trump hated women, he would not have been married to so many of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Going in to that debate, it was wildly circulated that she was gunning for him. All of the talk shows were discussing how she had made backroom comments about how she was "going to get him." It's not like she showed up and it just happened. If you will recall, everyone already knew it was going to happen, and everyone was waiting for it. I wouldn't say that's going in to an exactly "fair" debate.
View Quote

Very true.

Kelly was a moderator and  should have  done her job.  But she just couldn't resist  inserting  herself into the debate.

Trump came down on her pretty hard and handled it well IMO.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No because if Hillary gets the nomination she's going to ask him the same question. What's he going to do then? Refuse to debate her?
View Quote

He will simply remind her that she has enabled her husband, William Clinton, to abuse dozens of women for many years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#24]
How come they don't ask Hillary or Bernie questions like this in the Dem debate?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Trump wins along with CNN on this one. Don't forget Michael Moore wins with being on with Megyn this week.

Loser is Fox.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not "the left's cause" if it's the truth. Don't want people to draw that conclusion, don't present in such a fashion. Like I've said repeatedly, the right needs the female voters. Shens like this drives them away.

Seriously, would you vote for a militant feminist?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He will simply remind her that she has enabled to husband, William Clinton, to abuse dozens of women for many years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will simply remind her that she has enabled to husband, William Clinton, to abuse dozens of women for many years.

Yup, Hillary is vulnerable to being subjected to open ridicule in many ways that other candidates may not be.

I believe that the attack of diarrhea and the uncontrollable coughing fit  Hillary suffered during her recent appearances are symptoms of the strain she's under knowing how weak a candidate she actually is.

Especially against Trump who will attack her "no holds barred."
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The problem is that all the questions were like that.  It isn't the fucking Megyn Kelly show, it is a debate.  You're supposed to get the candidates talking about the issues and differences between them.  One or two questions about an embarrassing point is fine, but Megyn's conduct was demeaning and insulting not just to Trump, but to the American voter.  This is perhaps the most important election in recent memory and all that ditz wants to talk about his herself.  Let me help Megyn out with some questions.

"Mr. Bush, Donald Trump has said that he wants to ban Muslim immigration in light of the San Bernadino and Paris attacks.  Do you agree with this, and if not, how would you address the issue of terrorists coming in through normal immigration or asylum channels."

"Mr. Christie, you have consistently pointed to your experience in government as making you better qualified than candidates like Donald Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.  What specifically is it about your experience that would make you a better President then someone with private sector business experience?"

Questions should be like that, so the candidates can talk about each other, not debate Megyn Kelly for 3 hours.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Regardless of whether the question was appropriate, I'm not sure how you can possibly characterize Trump's reaction as "handling it well".  Which part was well handled, the "bleeding from her wherever" comment or the juvenile Twitter war?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Going in to that debate, it was wildly circulated that she was gunning for him. All of the talk shows were discussing how she had made backroom comments about how she was "going to get him." It's not like she showed up and it just happened. If you will recall, everyone already knew it was going to happen, and everyone was waiting for it. I wouldn't say that's going in to an exactly "fair" debate.

Very true.
Kelly was a moderator and  should have  done her job.  But she just couldn't resist  inserting  herself into the debate.

Regardless of whether the question was appropriate, I'm not sure how you can possibly characterize Trump's reaction as "handling it well".  Which part was well handled, the "bleeding from her wherever" comment or the juvenile Twitter war?

Unfortunately, that's what the masses want. When ol' George Washington gave his farewell address his speech was written for educated citizens, pegged at the 17th grade level. These days Obama and the press write at the 4th grade level so their base can understand it.

Twitter wars and snarky comments will win this election, after the first debate he did handle it well and came out ahead. This case is still up in the air, but we'll find out who "wins" tonight.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
She was not an impartial moderator and she specifically targeted Trump. She didn't confront anyone else about any other statements they'd made at all. Unfair moderation leads to an unfair debate platform.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#33]
It's funny she plays the part of a feminist but only has her job due to banging Britt Hume.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Idiocracy is a documentary.
View Quote

Personally I think only land owners should be able to vote, but what can you do?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be fucking serious. We have more than a few women haters on this site.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Whether or not it was appropriate or not is a moot point. The way he handled it is very telling. If he were to become president he's going to be asked much worse questions. He's not going to be able to act like a petulant child like he is now. Oh so Megyn Kelly is going to be there? Well I'm not going then is not going to be an option.
View Quote

why not? who's going to stop him?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whether or not it was appropriate or not is a moot point. The way he handled it is very telling. If he were to become president he's going to be asked much worse questions. He's not going to be able to act like a petulant child like he is now. Oh so Megyn Kelly is going to be there? Well I'm not going then is not going to be an option.

Because that's not how the leader of the supposed greatest country on this planet is supposed to act.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When you think about the tantrum Trump has thrown over his own comments how is he expected to govern?  Will he boycott the state of the Union?
View Quote

I thought it was a temper tantrum at first.  Now I think he's just changing the rules.   I can see why he wouldn't want to go back.  If he can setup an event at the same time and get more publicity and attention while overshadowing his opponents it's a stroke of genius.   We'll know soon if it workes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#41]
It was a hit piece, but not a horrible one and nothing that wouldn't come out 10 minutes later.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That silly woman should go back to her kitchen.
View Quote
!
OP, I didn't take it as disrespectful, it was a fair question. Trump has been a lot worse to a lot of people.
I want a president that can handle it when people (or nations) are gunning for them.  Not one that runs and hides from a little libtarded woman!

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true.

His answer at the debate.  Watch for yourself Eric.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought it was a temper tantrum at first.  Now I think he's just changing the rules.   I can see why he wouldn't want to go back.  If he can setup an event at the same time and get more publicity and attention while overshadowing his opponents it's a stroke of genius.   We'll know soon if it workes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you think about the tantrum Trump has thrown over his own comments how is he expected to govern?  Will he boycott the state of the Union?

It's still a temper tantrum. Watch how he bashes everyone who is critical of him. He doesn't offer a rebuttal, just calls them nobodies lets some insults fly and that's that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Because that's not how the leader of the supposed greatest country on this planet is supposed to act.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was actually impressed with his response to fox.  Instaed of knowingly walking into an ambush, trump changed the battlefield.

It was a savy move, and I think it actually took more guys to stand up to fox news.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The problem is that all the questions were like that.  It isn't the fucking Megyn Kelly show, it is a debate.  You're supposed to get the candidates talking about the issues and differences between them.  One or two questions about an embarrassing point is fine, but Megyn's conduct was demeaning and insulting not just to Trump, but to the American voter.  This is perhaps the most important election in recent memory and all that ditz wants to talk about his herself.  Let me help Megyn out with some questions.

"Mr. Bush, Donald Trump has said that he wants to ban Muslim immigration in light of the San Bernadino and Paris attacks.  Do you agree with this, and if not, how would you address the issue of terrorists coming in through normal immigration or asylum channels."

"Mr. Christie, you have consistently pointed to your experience in government as making you better qualified than candidates like Donald Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.  What specifically is it about your experience that would make you a better President then someone with private sector business experience?"

Questions should be like that, so the candidates can talk about each other, not debate Megyn Kelly for 3 hours.  
View Quote

These are actually good question.  You missed your calling.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.  My view is, let the left lead the attacks.  We don't need to be sabotaging our own.  Don't agree with those questions to any candidate and the Trump is free to respond how he feels is right.

Bottom line, there will be no Trump at the debate, the debate ratings will drop, Trump will do something else to put the spotlight on him, and it will end well for him.  In my eyes, this only hurts Fox and the advertisers.  Sooner or later you have to pick sides.  Dems or Reps?  If I was Fox, I'd yank her and replace her.  Don't bite the hand that may soon be feeding you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.  My view is, let the left lead the attacks.  We don't need to be sabotaging our own.  Don't agree with those questions to any candidate and the Trump is free to respond how he feels is right.

Bottom line, there will be no Trump at the debate, the debate ratings will drop, Trump will do something else to put the spotlight on him, and it will end well for him.  In my eyes, this only hurts Fox and the advertisers.  Sooner or later you have to pick sides.  Dems or Reps?  If I was Fox, I'd yank her and replace her.  Don't bite the hand that may soon be feeding you.
View Quote

Plenty of alternatives, in no particular order.

Heather Childers

Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Julie Banderas

Harris Faulkner

Andrea Tantaros

Dana Perino

Katie Pavlich

Anna Kooiman
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#50]
It was designed to make her look good and tough and to have a secondary effect of hurting her enemy Trump.
Page / 5
Top Top