Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2016 11:28:56 AM EDT
Officers responded to trespassing call. Weird bastard won't drop the hammer he is holding. He continues to prance around and back away until he eventually ends up on the highway in front of a school bus. Officers finally say Phuket and decide he's worth shooting before he Bangkok with hammer.

Unfortunately, it was only an arm shot and he will likely survive.

Video
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck was that.  Shooting is at the last 10 seconds. The taser cop's body cam was covered on purpose during the shooting.   What was that about?  I don't want to speculate before putting on my tinfoil but that is suspicious.

How did it get that far?  Any cops want to chime in to say why he wasn't tased or shot earlier?  The perp certainly made aggressive moves towards the officers that seemed to warrant him being put down.

Also, any reason they didn't go hands on and take him down?  Is there some sort of procedure that keeps that option off the table.

Just curious. Lots of weird stuff in this vid.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the fuck was that.  Shooting is at the last 10 seconds. The taser cop's body cam was covered on purpose during the shooting.   What was that about?  I don't want to speculate before putting on my tinfoil but that is suspicious.

How did it get that far?  Any cops want to chime in to say why he wasn't tased or shot earlier?  The perp certainly made aggressive moves towards the officers that seemed to warrant him being put down.

Also, any reason they didn't go hands on and take him down?  Is there some sort of procedure that keeps that option off the table.

View Quote

This isn't the movies you try to take a hammer away from a crazy person and the likelyhood of color books for Christmas is just a bit too high for those types of encounters. Out comes the gun and you better listen or you might just get shot.

Don't believe me give your significant other a marker and take the cap off....now try to get it away from them without getting marked..and remember in this scenario you two are just playing it's much harder when its for real.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#3]
That is literally how my Korean landlord acts whenever I tell her to fix anything but she speaks perfect English when it's time to collect the rent
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

When people are taught to shoot one-handed, they are taught to bring the non-shooting hand into their core, across the chest, often placing the hand on the shoulder.

It's possible while holding the taser or gun was in his hand he did that.  I can't say for sure but that is a possibility.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was reaching for his radio and it covered the cam?

Either way I don't really care. They perp was a perfect candidate for some .40SW therapy, I'm just disappointed that after all that buildup they only hit him once in the damn arm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
There's a second video from the other LEO that isn't covered, so I don't think they were trying to hide anything.  And I don't blame them for not going hands on with that crazy fuck wielding a hammer.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What's up with the hesitation with the Taser? I've never seen anyone so scared to tase someone before.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's up with the hesitation with the Taser? I've never seen anyone so scared to tase someone before.
View Quote

Suspect was covered with blankets, making him a difficult taser target.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Please tell me one of the officers was named Han.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you don't even try? You have two cartridges use them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is literally how my Korean landlord acts whenever I tell her to fix anything but she speaks perfect English when it's time to collect the rent
View Quote

Learn Korean problem solved.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only remember one korean word.   Its Hajami or some shit like that.   I think it means hurry.

Well fuck.   It means dont do it.    Guess that explains the pissed off look on her face.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually feel bad for that crazy fucker, but he probably would be doing something disruptive every day wherever he was, until the police intervened again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]
cops don't carry shotguns anymore?

where are the beanbag rounds, the rubber bullets?  

why are cops only armed with tasers anymore?  either the taser or the bullet
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He tried a few times, you.can hear the taser deploy and click.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#17]
what would happen if you shot someone in the face/ head with a taser?

brain damage? death?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bean bags can do serious damage. I bet with his age it would have killed him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

brain damage? death?

View Quote

Possible electrode in the eye, blindness

All around a big no no.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if a police dog would excite him
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

brain damage? death?

View Quote

Ask Gresham, OR PD. Several years back, a guy ducked just as the TASER was being fired. He took a probe in the eyeball. He wound up blind in that eye. Gresham paid him six figures as "go away" money. IIRC, he was a wife beating POS, yet he won the ghetto lottery.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
MY PROPERTY!! MY PROPERTY!!! YOU ROUND EYE BEAT ME UP!!!

PHUK YOU WHITEY!!!!!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!!!!

YU WYT BASTARDS!!

BOOM!

........PROFITS

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Crazy dude was trying to comply. He was trying to get into one of those cars so he could "put the hammer down".
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not so sure they're going to send a dog against a subject that is known to be armed with a deadly weapon (knives, in addition to the hammer). In any event, Newport PD is a smaller town police department. If they have more than 2-3 guys on the road at any given time, it's going to be a heavy day. Having a dog would be a luxury. Lincoln County, who arrived late to the incident as shown in the videos, might have 2-3 patrol guys on duty on a heavy day, and a dog would be a luxury for them as well.

Less lethal options like beanbags were taken away from many cops in this state, due to the costs involved. When you have to fire several practice rounds each year, and each practice round costs several dollars apiece, it's pretty easy to cut that item out of the budget if it's only used once every 2-3 years. It might only be a $5000 expenditure each year, but when you live in an economically depressed area like Newport/Lincoln County, that $5000 might make the difference between keeping cops on the road or not.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes in America dog eat man....
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't have a problem with the shoot. But I'll lay dollars to donuts the cop intentionally covered the camera and that's not OK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they tried a taser shot early in the video to no effect. There is a point wherer the office appears to reload the taser.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#28]
So much cop hate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]
A hammer is a deadly weapon. If the guy is charging they were justified in shooting.

Covering up the body cam was shady though. I don't care if you are trained to move your arm or whatever, that was BS.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A hammer is a deadly weapon. If the guy is charging they were justified in shooting.

Covering up the body cam was shady though. I don't care if you are trained to move your arm or whatever, that was BS.
View Quote

Who cares? If the shoot was justified, why does it matter?

Not that I think it was intentional anyway
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I love how the cameraman is just like, "Shit...Damn it...God Damn it...Damn it..."  Probably thinking why'd I get this shift today?  
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love how the cameraman is just like, "Shit...Damn it...God Damn it...Damn it..."  Probably thinking why'd I get this shift today?  
View Quote

Guy was headed to the school bus, he knew what was comeing
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't there a time when they had nets for nuts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I couldn't be a cop, that guys knee caps would of looked like a exploded ham shank after the first couple orders.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I couldn't be a cop, that guys knee caps would of looked like a exploded ham shank after the first couple orders.
View Quote

Me neither would have hit him with a squad car....
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So much cop hate.
View Quote

I don't get it either. I can't fathom why so many people have so much sympathy for criminals, thugs, mental cases, and all the other people that the cops are culling from the gene pool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top