Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to tell you I'm shocked.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
She got Obama justice.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone want to guess if uncle sugar is also paying her rent, utilities, food, and a cash allowance? All that and get out of jail free card.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at an Atlanta Farmers Market show about 7 years ago. Some young thug candy was buying handguns for her "man" who could not. She bought about 6 in two days. The dealers got wise and called the cops. They boxed them in - she was 2 cars down from me so I was boxed in also.
Sherriff called the ATF - they were told they don't work Sundays and let them go.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
OK. This is why they supposedly have gun laws: to put people like her away. She should have got ten years. Jalita Johnson is black. She gets probation.

But some fifty year old white guy in Pennsylvania just got years of prison time for having an unregistered MG.

It's clear that gun laws are just a way of getting at conservative white men.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm shocked she even got charged.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at an Atlanta Farmers Market show about 7 years ago. Some young thug candy was buying handguns for her "man" who could not. She bought about 6 in two days. The dealers got wise and called the cops. They boxed them in - she was 2 cars down from me so I was boxed in also.
Sherriff called the ATF - they were told they don't work Sundays and let them go.
View Quote

Do you think they would put in some weekend overtime if they heard a white boy like me might have some unregistered NFA item?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
But we need more gun laws....

Or you could fucking prosecute people...novel concept.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have firearms for sale at your farmers markets?!!    We need better farmers markets here then!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the sentence in line with the sentences handed down in other straw purchase convictions?

The fact that the gun was used to kill a cop is not relevant IMO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But we need more gun laws....

Or you could fucking prosecute people...novel concept.
View Quote

They did prosecute in this case. The issue is the sentence imposed by the judge.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is the sentence in line with the sentences handed down in other straw purchase convictions?

The fact that the gun was used to kill a cop is not relevant IMO.
View Quote
Agreed.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
We need universal background checks to make sure this never happens again
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

bureaucracy. there's rules.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, they want to take away my guns or make me a criminal with the stroke of a pen, but never mind prosecuting the real criminals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top