Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:40:52 PM EDT
If you're from this area of the world then you know of what I speak.

http://www.grantboys.com/

I remember going into that store with my dad when I was young to buy fishing stuff and ammo.  

I haven't been in it for probably 35+ years, but I can still remember the smell of surplus clothing and guns.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If you're from this area of the world then you know of what I speak.

http://www.grantboys.com/

I remember going into that store with my dad when I was young to buy fishing stuff and ammo.  

I haven't been in it for probably 35+ years, but I can still remember the smell of surplus clothing and guns.  
View Quote

Is that the place that looks like an old frontier general store?

I think I stopped in there for a camp stove this past July.  Cool family owned place.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that the place that looks like an old frontier general store?  
View Quote

Yep.
They used to have some cool radio commercials.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I know the store very well. Lived in Newport and worked in Costa Mesa a few streets over. Used to walk over every few weeks to look around.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe there is a receipt from John Wayne buying a M16 from the store floating around the net.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh dang!  I loved going to the beach, it meant I got to go by Grant Boys.  I grew up in Placentia, so I had The Gunsight with George near by.  I also worked at The shooting range in Brea for 3 years, first as Firing-Line and then as Brea Range before it changed owners.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe there is a receipt from John Wayne buying a M16 from the store floating around the net.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top