Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is it that whenever someone gains a couple points in the polls, this site gets flooded with bullshit trying to tear them down?

Happened with Trump.

Happened with Carson.

Happened with Fiorina.

Now it's happening with Rubio.

I think this place is being over run with DU/Bernie Sanders trolls. Is that who you want to win? Bernie Fucking Sanders?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I like something about Rubio & Trump....  but I can't quite figure out what that something  is...

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is it that whenever someone gains a couple points in the polls, this site gets flooded with bullshit trying to tear them down?

Happened with Trump.
Happened with Carson.
Happened with Fiorina.

I think this place is being over run with DU/Bernie Sanders trolls. Is that who you want to win? Bernie Fucking Sanders?
View Quote

The Bloomturd is much worse. IMO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep Rubio is their man
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ted Cruz?

Bobby Jindal?

Fuck me, I would almost even concede that Don Trump is a better 'conservative' than ANY other Republican nominee since Reagen.  

You claim that you were excited about McStain and Romney..but you can't get excited about Cruz or Jindal?  ......That's a serious what the fuck.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too early to give a fuck at this point

Not really.  We're weeding out the candidates without the backing to go further.  If one of them is your guy, now is the time to get behind him, because without backing he won't be around when you start giving a fuck.

This is so true.

Only problem is if the election were next Tuesday I'm thinking I would just stay home. For the first time since 1980, when I first voted in a natl election, not one GOP candidate excites me. In fact most disgust me. Some more, some less. But there's not one to get excited about.

Ted Cruz?

Bobby Jindal?

Fuck me, I would almost even concede that Don Trump is a better 'conservative' than ANY other Republican nominee since Reagen.  

You claim that you were excited about McStain and Romney..but you can't get excited about Cruz or Jindal?  ......That's a serious what the fuck.

Definitely not excited by them either. I voted for them because it was better than the alternative. Every 4 years it just gets worse and worse. This year I'm not so sure they are any better.

Walker is out, Jindal is so far down that even if I stood on a soapbox shouting his name to high Heaven and sent him my life's fortune he'll never get anywhere.

I don't trust Trump one little bit. Carly is saying some things I like but I'm not real comfortable with her past.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jeb's backers must be getting nervous.  Without a real show of strength I can see the money drying up.  

The question is, if his outside sources dry up, can he continue on family money?  I don't know the answer to that.  But I do knlow that if I was backing him I'd be really nervous at this point that I was wasting my money and I'd be looking for a new home for it.  

Jeb hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can compete with Trump, Carson or Fiorina.  He's weak, he looks weak and the polls show that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rubio is just cover for Jeb. Jeb Bush isnt going anywhere, he will be in it to the end. Follow the money.

Jeb's backers must be getting nervous.  Without a real show of strength I can see the money drying up.  

The question is, if his outside sources dry up, can he continue on family money?  I don't know the answer to that.  But I do knlow that if I was backing him I'd be really nervous at this point that I was wasting my money and I'd be looking for a new home for it.  

Jeb hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can compete with Trump, Carson or Fiorina.  He's weak, he looks weak and the polls show that.

Bush really can't compete with any of the other "top 10" candidates.  He might do better against the JV group.

I heard some of Bush's big donors have already started to make tentative approaches to Cruz.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Definitely not excited by them either. I voted for them because it was better than the alternative. Every 4 years it just gets worse and worse. This year I'm not so sure they are any better.

Walker is out, Jindal is so far down that even if I stood on a soapbox shouting his name to high Heaven and sent him my life's fortune he'll never get anywhere.

I don't trust Trump one little bit. Carly is saying some things I like but I'm not real comfortable with her past.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ted Cruz?

Bobby Jindal?

You mentioned Walker, Jindal, Trump and Fiorina - but not Cruz.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

He's GTG IMO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
For the record I am for Cruz.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump 2016!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want Cruz as well, problem is I don't think the GOPe will let him be elected....
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I want Cruz as well, problem is I don't think the GOPe will let him be elected....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For that they will be punished. Cucks be damned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IMO Rubio doesn't have much of a chance, the hot button issue is illegal immigration and his fail on that is epic.  

The GOPe will need something to take the spotlight off immigration and onto something else.  They're also going to have to minimize Trump, something they've utterly failed at so far.  

And while Rubio looks better, speaks better and has more passion than Cruz, he has no more name recognition.

But all this makes him the perfect candidate for the GOPe, they love losers.  

And fuck yea, I'd vote for him over Sanders, Clinton, Biden or whatever other communist the Dems shove forward.

This is where I'm at except I used to be the Head Football coach at a border city and used to go across the border and recruit intelligent athletes and then win Conference championships.  Then I'd assist with tutoring so they could graduate and get into the Marine Corps.  The result at least 30 senior NCO's (one KIA in Khost Provience), one Phoenix area Fire Chief, 2 FBI Agents,  a dozen teacher/coaches, and a Republican officer in the ToHoNo tribal council.   Interestingly no Liberals at all that I know of.  What many people don't realize is that most Hispanics from both sides of the border are naturally conservative and all I know are gun owners.  The Republican Party has missed huge opportunities with these folks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ted Cruz?

Bobby Jindal?

Sorry about that. Quoting from a phone sucks nearly as bad as the front runners.

Cruz, like Walker and Jindal, has been around long enough to establish a track record I'm reasonably comfortable with. But he will never get the Party's support and will not make it past the primaries. I sure could vote and support any of these three but the GOP is more interested in supporting a RINO platform over a conservative one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
carson vs biden in the general election.... carson wins.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quite the optimist, aren't you.

Nobody who ought to be president, wants to be president. I am all for drafting some schmuck and force him to be president. I'd start with judge Napolitano.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Happened with Trump.
Happened with Carson.
Happened with Fiorina.

View Quote

There are a lot of people from Florida that have stated a dislike for Rubio long before now. Look back at posts and check states. People who live in that state should have a little better idea.

Rubio is not a conservative as he states. He is a RINO just like Jeb Bush.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Jeb could post a video of him killing kittens with a nail gun & still get the nod.

I may be wrong, but money talks & bullshit walks.
View Quote

Why do you say this?  His nomination is not a given.  Given the huge backing he has, he is not performing very well. I think Rubio has a better shot, along with other candidates.  

If they really want to win, the voters will pick Kasich/Rubio.  That would ensure a win in Florida and Ohio, thus securing the election.  I am not advocating that ticket, just an observation.  Jeb is the one candidate Hillary can probably beat. I don't trust Rubio on immigration.  He has backed off his previous positions, but I have no doubt he would push a liberal amnesty plan once elected.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

I could live with Carson/Cruz or preferably Cruz/Carson.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#20]
"As CNN’s Sara Murray reported Sunday, some donors to Bush’s campaign are not pleased with prospect the super PAC supporting Bush, Right to Rise, will aim its fire at Rubio. "They actually like Rubio,” Murray said of the Bush donors. "They think he could be a good second choice if Bush can’t get his poll numbers up, "

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He's GTG IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

He's GTG IMO.

No he isn't, he's an amnesty shill.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rubio is just cover for Jeb. Jeb Bush isnt going anywhere, he will be in it to the end. Follow the money.

Jeb is no Trump.. when his donors bail, he'll be joining Perry and Walker at the bar.  I like Rubio, just have serious doubts he'll what we need on Immigration.  I'm still not sure if Trump is serious.. I think he is, but.... well, he's Trump.  I'll probably support whoever the nominee is, but I think at this point, I'm going to be backing Cruz.  I'm not really sold on Carson... and Fiorina has impressed me.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FFS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

FPFNI
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I think out of the 15 GOP candidates still in anyone who is still in single digits at this point needs to GTFO.
Jeb, Christy, Paul and who ever hell else that can not break past 10%
With Jeb about as popular as hemorrhoids Rubio seems to be the next Globalist picked candidate their controlled media is about to push on us, he's just a Jeb-lite poser BTW.
Being the Globalists goal is to destroy all nationalism in targeted countries through mass invasions; the best litmus test...who ever they push is the worst candidate for our nation, who ever they hate most is best. The guy that makes them block poll results, take out "hits" on by their media whores during the debates, that is the candidate they fear most and thus the best man for America.
If both puppet Republicans, Dems and the controlled media all hate any one candidate....that is the best man for our nation and the one we need to rally behind.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Rubia is a RINO. The elite just need to accept the fact that the neocon agenda is DOA.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Always is.  I'm really looking forward to the non-stop attack ads on TV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's gonna be a long year until the election.

Always is.  I'm really looking forward to the non-stop attack ads on TV.

Try living in a bellwether swing state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is the GOPe? If you're referring to ordinary people who vote in primary elections, you might be right.

Are you?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't understand people who are / have donated any money - particularly big money - to the Jeb! campaign thus far.  I'd like to ask these people what it is that they see in Jeb! that literally anybody with a 'conservative' bone in their body isn't so far seeing.  I'd like to ask them what specific issue it is that makes them think that Jeb! is their guy.  

The guy has so many strikes against him (last name, family dynasty, 'big city thinking' progressive-liberal, pro-amnesty) that I just cannot envision what the typical Jeb! supporter is even thinking, and it blows my mind that these people have the fucking nerve to call themselves 'conservatives.'
View Quote

Jeb will keep the status quo if he wins, or if he's beaten by the democrat candidate same thing.  It's the safe bet for the corrupt.  They don't want someone who might start changing things no matter what side they're on.  

It's all about money and corruption.  If you were to dig deep enough into the donations I'm quite sure a link could be found
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would take Rubio

He's GTG IMO.

If the choice is between a Dem president and an R candidate who will be in control of whatever happens amnesty-wise, I'm choosing the R. I believe Rubio is the best chance to beat the Dems, but that's just my opinion. I don't expect anyone else to see the same.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jeb is floundering.  Bad.  The eGop needs a candidate that can pull the wool over the eyes of the conservative base,
View Quote

Is this not exactly Trump's strategy?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]

GOP senators desert Bush for Rubio

The Hill ^ | 11/8/15 | Alexander Bolton

Republican senators are coming around to the view that Jeb Bush is unlikely to win the party's nomination for president and that freshman Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) is the most viable prospect for the general election. Rubio has had plenty of support among Beltway pundits since the outset of his campaign but Bush's poor performance in the last Republican debate, together with his declining poll numbers, have begun to shift sentiment in even the upper echelons of the GOP's establishment. "Marco's in the driver's seat. There's a lot of disappointment in Bush's performance," said one Republican senator, who requested anonymity...
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
The OP is correct. Rubio is the emerging GOP Establishment candidate.

At a gun show I went to here in Virginia today, some activists were asking for signatures on primary ballot petitions. The candidates represented were Trump, Rand Paul -- and Rubio! The same group of activists were promoting all three! It was interesting that Cruz wasn't being mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Rubio the New GOP Establishment Candidate

<small style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';">thepoliticsforums.com ^ | 11/10/15 </small>

Democrats and the GOP Establishment have lost control of the political process. They can't count on the mainstream media to do their bidding because of the rise of alternative media.

There's also the problem of conservative Republicans pushing back, not apologizing for their views, and not being able to control elections. As the Kentucky governor's race showed, Republicans win big if they stick to issues the conservative base supports: pro-life, anti-same-sex marriage, and Tenth Amendment principles. Matt Bevin has said he will tell the EPA to "pound sound" if the agency rules against Kentucky's coal industry.

"The powers not given to the Federal government are the province of the States," Bevin has said. "These cases always come down on the side of the States. Never in the history of the world, has there been such a demand for coal, and Kentucky is sitting on an abundance of it. We will tell the EPA and other unelected officials -- who have no authority over Kentucky as a state -- to 'pound sand.' They have no legal authority and all they can do is sue; and in the meantime, Kentucky will do what it wants."

The GOP Establishment doesn't like these trends. They like Big Government as much as Democrats. The only difference is in the beneficiaries of Big Government. They will fight tooth and nail to get one of their guys in the White House. Some have theorized that these Republicans would rather have Hillary Clinton as President than Ted Cruz because they could work with Mrs. Clinton in a quid pro quo relationship. She and her fellow-Democrats would get their money train, and the Republicans would get theirs.

So it's not surprising that Republican Senators have dumped Jeb Bush for Marco Rubio

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#34]
"eGOP".  ???WTF?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The vast majority of self-proclaimed "conservatives" will still fall for it though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

You can have him.

Jeb = Rubio = same old RINO crap

The vast majority of self-proclaimed "conservatives" will still fall for it though

And the GOPe shills and toadies here will defend JEB Bush's replacement, Marco Rubio who, due to his dismal handling of his own personal finances, has been bought and paid for , as if he were the second coming.

Which in a way;  he actually is.....lthe second coming of JEB Bush.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like something about Rubio & Trump....  but I can't quite figure out what that something  is...
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/gty_marco_rubio_kb_150414_16x9t_384.jpghttp://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/news/060403/dtrump2.jpg
View Quote

The difference is that Trump has money; whereas money has Rubio.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/gty_marco_rubio_kb_150414_16x9t_384.jpghttp://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/news/060403/dtrump2.jpg

True dat.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

True dat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True dat.

Yup; it's absolutely true and this is  only one example.

Bought and paid for.

Billionaire Lifts Marco Rubio, Politically and Personally

By MICHAEL BARBARO and STEVE EDERMAY 9, 2015

"As Mr. Rubio has ascended in the ranks of Republican politics, Mr. Braman has emerged as a remarkable and unique patron. He has bankrolled Mr. Rubio’s campaigns. He has financed Mr. Rubio’s legislative agenda. And, at the same time, he has subsidized Mr. Rubio’s personal finances, as the rising politician and his wife grappled with heavy debt and big swings in their income.'

"A detailed review of their relationship shows that Mr. Braman, 82, has left few corners of Mr. Rubio’s world untouched. He hired Mr. Rubio, then a Senate candidate, as a lawyer; employed his wife to advise the Braman family’s philanthropic foundation; helped cover the cost of Mr. Rubio’s salary as an instructor at a Miami college; and gave Mr. Rubio access to his private plane.

The money has flowed both ways. Mr. Rubio has steered taxpayer funds to Mr. Braman’s favored causes, successfully pushing for an $80 million state grant to finance a genomics center at a private university and securing $5 million for cancer research at a Miami institute for which Mr. Braman is a major donor.

Even in an era dominated by super-wealthy donors, Mr. Braman stands out, given how integral he has been not only to Mr. Rubio’s political aspirations but also to his personal finances."

read more
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/us/billionaire-lifts-marco-rubio-politically-and-personally.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure can tell you aren't from a border state with Mexico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

I am not from a border state yet I realize that Rubio is for amnesty for those who violated our immigration laws.  He is as worthless a person as is McCain.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC McCain was in the same position around this same time period in 2007. He was floundering in the polls, his money was drying up and there was not much of a pathway to victory.
I wouldn't count Bush out just yet. He is "their guy" and while the establishment is disappointed that his name hasn't lead to better numbers right out of the gate, they aren't anywhere close to throwing in the towel on him just yet.

They will hang back and wait until the field thins out a bit before making their big push. The GOPe got McCain and Romney the nomination despite almost no public support, they will get Bush "his shot" yet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#41]
What the fuck is "eGOP"?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So fucking tiresome.
View Quote

This x1000
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This x1000
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So fucking tiresome.

This x1000
What they said.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Bush is a fucking idiot just like his dad and brother.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#47]
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Rubio getting them nomination at this point.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am not from a border state yet I realize that Rubio is for amnesty for those who violated our immigration laws.  He is as worthless a person as is McCain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

And he just advocated even more wealth redistribution, via the tax code, on national TV. You think the producers in this country are going to get refundable child tax credits?

The RINO's will abandon Boosh and start backing Rubio.

The party is doomed
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What the fuck is "eGOP"?
View Quote

Establishment GOP.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top