BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't have enough emanations from your penumbra to understand, bro.
View Quote

Oh, I understand it just fine.

The homo's set out to get some rights invented, and thanks to the legal gymnastics and endless rationalizations of SCOTUS, they got their wish.

It's cool though.  People will start to wake up when there are more Kim Davis types getting jailed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, because like Marriage Licenses, they shouldn't exist.
View Quote

We have a winner.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Passing a law creating an 'infringement' of a Constitutionally guaranteed right should be the jailable offense.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We have a winner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a winner.

This does make some sense
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If there are going to be licensing laws in place then it should be jail worthy offence, but you are absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then everything can be argued to be a right. Ridiculous. That's a bullshit interpretation that creates yet another catch all for the federal government to constantly expand its power. If the federal government declares something a right, they then use incorporation to impose their will upon the states. This lys completely in the face of our constitutional foundation which called for a federal government with limited powers, strong protections for the states, and a very limited judiciary that has increased it's power through fiat.

The powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states. If marriage is a right, it's one that is regulated by the states, NOT the federal government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's count the hypocrites.

I think the better question is why do we need a permit to exercise an explicitly stated constitutional right?

I see no right to "marriage" in the constitution, and I see an amendment that says rights not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states.

You fail at trolling.

You fail at what RIGHT means.  

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

That IS in the Constitution.

Then everything can be argued to be a right. Ridiculous. That's a bullshit interpretation that creates yet another catch all for the federal government to constantly expand its power. If the federal government declares something a right, they then use incorporation to impose their will upon the states. This lys completely in the face of our constitutional foundation which called for a federal government with limited powers, strong protections for the states, and a very limited judiciary that has increased it's power through fiat.

The powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states. If marriage is a right, it's one that is regulated by the states, NOT the federal government.

If it doesn't pick your pocket or break your leg it should be a right.  Doesn't matter what it is or how you feel about it.

As to the states regulating it...the same goes.  Their interest ends when it doesn't pick your pocket or break your leg, no matter how much you don't want someone to do it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
The gay mafia gets win after win and they still are not happy.  Bunch limp-wristed cry babies.

Here is some cheese for your whine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The one thing I can't figure out is, why not just go to the next county?

They put their wieners where poop comes out......... but they want to make sure this whole thing is done "properly"?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a winner.

Nevertheless, since when in the current federal administration aren't there many standards and many "equals", and the rule of law became a mockery activism?

If this country continues like this it will end up not better than some African little dictatorship... of wait, we have an African in the White House, maybe that's what the folks who elected it wanted after all.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The gay mafia gets win after win and they still are not happy.  Bunch limp-wristed cry babies.

Here is some cheese for your whine.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.HqlZ1K%2bVuZ5ZomwhOK60vg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
View Quote

Quick! That Tortoise is stealing the cheese!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Requiring the damn things should carry a life sentence without parole.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#13]
only in a Shall Issue jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
double tap...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

Though for the purposes of this discussion, that is, the real world, where CC permits and marriage licenses are in fact required officially, then my answer is, of course not.

However, the person so refusing should be terminated immediately, or should resign.  If the person remains in their job/office, where a requirement to issue said licenses/permits exists, and refuses to resign and is not fired, but refuses a court order to comply with the law, then that person should of course be jailed for contempt of court.

The clerk in KY was not jailed for failure to issue a marriage license, she was jailed for refusing to comply with the lawful order of a competent court.  To state that she was jailed for not issuing the license is like saying Michael Brown was shot for walking in the road.

Yes, the outcomes flowed from the initial act, but Brown could have hit the sidewalk, and the clerk in KY could have simply said that issuing such a license would betray her conscience, and resigned her position.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes I agree. Now how do we leverage this ruling to apply to sheriffs in may issue states that NEVER issue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second post nails it.

Yes I agree. Now how do we leverage this ruling to apply to sheriffs in may issue states that NEVER issue?

We use their exact same arguments using the 14th amendment. I don't agree with the decision, but we might as well use their own arguments against them.

There are a lot of articles on this subject:
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/355349-did-the-gay-marriage-ruling-just-legalize-concealed-carry-nationwide-legal-experts-weigh-in/
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This, and troll thread is troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and troll thread is troll.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure where you are trying to lead this one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Refusing to do your job should be a grounds for re-assignment or termination.

"Just Following Orders."

Not sure where you are trying to lead this one...

looks like he is headed to the logical conclusion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Passing a law creating an 'infringement' of a Constitutionally guaranteed right should be the jailable offense.
View Quote

CCW laws are infringements as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Refusing to do your job should be a grounds for re-assignment or termination.
View Quote

Except for elected officials.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty solid response.

I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We use their exact same arguments using the 14th amendment. I don't agree with the decision, but we might as well use their own arguments against them.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/355349-did-the-gay-marriage-ruling-just-legalize-concealed-carry-nationwide-legal-experts-weigh-in/
View Quote

Here's a man that knows how to play the game.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The homo's set out to get some rights invented, and thanks to the legal gymnastics and endless rationalizations of SCOTUS, they got their wish.

It's cool though.  People will start to wake up when there are more Kim Davis types getting jailed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have enough emanations from your penumbra to understand, bro.

The emanations from the penumbra started WAY before the gay stuff.

The entire concept of "substantive due process" is nonsense. But there it is...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#25]
No.........just fire them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The emanations from the penumbra started WAY before the gay stuff.

The entire concept of "substantive due process" is nonsense. But there it is...
View Quote

Ya' think?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#27]
No....a fucking permit or license isn't FUCKING NEEDED.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can't just "fire" elected officials.  That's the whole issue here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The legislature can.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#30]
The reason the clerk was "jailed" for failing issuing marriage licenses, a Federal Judge ordered her to do so related to "Civil Rights" violation. It is contempt of court related to a Federal court order.

So... it is apples and oranges under Federal law.

It would be great if we could get a Federal Judge to issue a court order to have CCW licenses issued... but it is different than "Civil Rights" violations.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd keep it more simple.

You refuse to do your job, we refuse to pay you AND block access to any accrued retirement funds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even when it's rigged and highly stacked against what is not in the agenda, even if illegal?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey, another troll thread by steve.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#34]
They shouldn't exist at all, but I would say no it should carry the death penalty not jail time.  Same for any other violation of rights like that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Does the law state they SHALL be issued, or MAY be issued?

This is important.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does the law state they SHALL be issued, or MAY be issued?

This is important.
View Quote

Yup. 'Shall' means it's mandatory, 'may' means it's optional. If someone is refusing to issue CCW permits in a shall issue state, they should face prosecution or dismissal, as that is defined as a responsibility of theirs. In a may-issue state, it's done at their discretion, and I don't think you can prosecute someone for ignoring an optional task.

I find 'may issue' to be a violation of the 2nd, but then I'm not SCOTUS, so my opinion means nothing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey, another troll thread by steve.  
View Quote

Hey, and yet here you are again.  Do you even legitimate question, bro?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They shouldn't exist, but since they do, refusal to issue should be a jailable offense. Much like the current marriage license shenanigans in KY
View Quote

Im going here.  Since we do have to deal with the current regulations, dragging your feet or denying without justifiable reasons should land your ass in the clink.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If it doesn't pick your pocket or break your leg it should be a right.  Doesn't matter what it is or how you feel about it.

As to the states regulating it...the same goes.  Their interest ends when it doesn't pick your pocket or break your leg, no matter how much you don't want someone to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's count the hypocrites.

I think the better question is why do we need a permit to exercise an explicitly stated constitutional right?

I see no right to "marriage" in the constitution, and I see an amendment that says rights not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states.

You fail at trolling.

You fail at what RIGHT means.  

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

That IS in the Constitution.

That's an interesting standard... Can you direct me to where that is found in the Constitution?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top