Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2015 11:50:14 PM EDT
When you are out and about, if you happen to run into a law inforcement officer, take a second to scan the area for potential trouble. You may be able to alert him/her of approaching trouble. They have been unfairly demonized by the media, politicians, and race baiters. They are being forced into a no win situation. The vast majority of law enforcement are decent people who just want to help protect our communities, and go home to their families at the end of the day. When we call for them, they do the best they can to help. The least we can do is be an extra set of eyes for them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a good way to be mistaken for a "suspicious person"

just sayin
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Enforcement
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Cops roll deep around here I always see at least two on the way to and from school and see at least one at the bottom of the hill before my house to catch speeders.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm always willing to jump in to back a boy in blue ... I just hope when the cavalry arrives they don't beat my ass too much before the cop I'm helping can ID me as one of the good guys (TM).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:The least we can do is be an extra set of eyes for them.

I'm always willing to jump in to back a boy in blue ... I just hope when the cavalry arrives they don't beat my ass too much before the cop I'm helping can ID me as one of the good guys (TM).

This.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

just sayin
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
No thanks, I'll help where asked (or clearly needed), but they're not scanning my 6. Thats my job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I really can't tell if this thread is genuine or sarcasm...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I was close to a situation the cops might have been interested in I got to watch about 25 tree guys who do nothing but move huge ass logs all day fight about 10 thugs that had no idea what was coming. PSA, that 260 pound groundy that can spear chuck a 450 pound log into a chuck and duck is not to be fucked with at the end of the day on Friday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

just sayin

Don't make eye contact appears that is a legit reason for a stop now

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really can't tell if this thread is genuine or sarcasm...
View Quote

genuine
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't Heimat Sicherheitsdienst Fuhrer Janet Napolitano say something similar to Wally World employees?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm always looking out for cops when driving fast

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's my problem with helping out.
I’m not getting shot for trying to help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sad but true....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like OP probably likes police more than they like him
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

+1

Luckily, my store supplies food to the local police K9 units, so I know quite a few cops in the area. My area isn't a bad area, but we do have a fair amount of vagrants that we have to call the cops on, so I've met a lot of normal patrol cops.

If I got involved, I've met enough of the cops who run this area to feel safe that they'd recognize me as a friend, and not a foe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't make eye contact appears that is a legit reason for a stop now  
View Quote

Dehumanizing stare.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I would gladly help out a cop in distress as long as it's not the chief, commies are on their own.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Not my job, mang.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe, maybe not. Every situation is different but I generally try not to get involved in quarrels between strangers, especially if I'm unaware of the circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not a sheepdawg, sorry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not a sheepdawg, sorry.
View Quote

I'm more of a fat Newfoundland.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sad but true....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true....

Not really a problem here, but I would roll in and help any MT LEO across the State that I have met so far.

MT LEO's are a bit different than the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just sayin

ok now tell me what I'm exactly supposed to do if I see a black guy in hoodie walking up behind the policeman? Tackle him? Pull out my gun and start shooting? Yell "Every body get down! There's a black guy!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#28]
YOU NEVER INVITE THE MAN INTO YOUR LIFE. yes caps lock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not really a problem here, but I would roll in and help any MT LEO across the State that I have met so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true....

Do they beat you a little differently?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This.  

Even tonight, cop had someone pulled over at 7-11.  Did a slow drive to check the area.  I was in parking lot.

But, this is Plano (according to Bill Whittle, the gun nut capital of the world).  Not much crime here.

Txl
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true....

Yes, they use pool noodles.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Us boys in blue appreciate it when shit hits the fan. All too often all we see is about a dozen iPhones pointed our direction.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#33]
smile and wave
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Seems like a reasonable thing.

I try to be courteous to the leo here, I've only been in this state for 2 years and stopped for a few minor things. Polite and professional every time. Only given verbal warnings and a thank you for my service (vet tags).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Funny. When do I start getting paid for doing their job for them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Since I'm an average white male I'm too busy keeping myself safe
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#38]
When I see an officer, I'm too busy checking my speedometer, avoiding eye contact, and trying to evade the license plate readers for privacy's sake.

I try to avoid the revenuers in general.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When I see an officer, I'm too busy checking my speedometer, trying to not make eye contact, and trying to avoid the license plate readers for privacy's sake.
View Quote

I'm too busy marking them on Waze.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#40]
lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I see an officer, I'm too busy checking my speedometer, trying to not make eye contact, and trying to avoid the license plate readers for privacy's sake.

At least someone cares.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Yup.   Especially our 3 locals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  So thats how you boys avoid work?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Us boys in blue appreciate it when shit hits the fan. All too often all we see is about a dozen iPhones pointed our direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This....

Yep
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#46]
ironically I think the black lives are more important than anyone else assholes are going to get  a LOT more blacks killed.  

I suspect cops are on a hair trigger and more people will wind up shot/beat/tazed.

and I suspect that if black people felt targeted or put out or whatever before, it's REALLY bad now.

I've personally gone from not noticing black people, to basically noticing a lot more and paying close attention if there are more than 1 black male in a group near me or the family, or if a black male heads directly or is near me.  

not paranoid but I pay a lot more attention and notice place people now a lot more. While it's probably an astronomically small percentage of the black population that feels like this,  but you wouldn't know unless it's too late if you aren't at least watching.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been one of the "boys" for 3 years now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This....

I phones have caught a lot of iniquitous stuff since  they were invented.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I avoid any type of law enforcement at all times.

The whole "never invite the man into your life" thing. And yes I put my money where my mouth is...... I don't call them ever either. Even after a couple of break ins and stolen items. So I'm not a hypocrite by saying this. (The only thing in the last 10 years I had to report was a stolen pistol. So I don't get my ass handed to me later if it is found as part of a crime)

And it is terrible when people get killed. But in no way am I involving me or mine into that type of situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This right here.  Will help out if they obviously need it, otherwise I'm staying outta the way.  Normally I'll be keeping an eye on my six, not theirs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top