Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2015 1:33:31 PM EDT
With all the attacks on officers in the last week, what will the appropriate response be if the situation continues to escalate? A lot of people criticize Obama for saying and doing nothing. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying it's all happening by design, but where is this going to lead?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You are worried about the govt. enacting more government, when the current leader refuses to show any sign about caring about the loss of the govt. agents lives?

Yep.. not going to happen under him. He is to busy trying to nationalize the policing industry. The killings are in direct contradiction that the police are the ones doing the killings of innocent people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure Obama cares as much about controlling the population as much as he does dividing and punishing it. Might not get so lucky with the next person.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With all the attacks on officers in the last week, what will the appropriate response be if the situation continues to escalate? A lot of people criticize Obama for saying and doing nothing. Be careful what you wish for.

View Quote

Locks, bans, and probably 7 pages with copious amounts of tin foil application.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are worried about the govt. enacting more government, when the current leader refuses to show any sign about caring about the loss of the govt. agents lives?

Yep.. not going to happen under him. He is to busy trying to nationalize the policing industry. The killings are in direct contradiction that the police are the ones doing the killings of innocent people.
View Quote

Cant nationalize LE overnight. EO to mobilize the NG after declaring martial law perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Another one today in Chicago area. I am about ready to say let the anarchy begin. I am armed, my family is armed, the majority of my friends are armed,my neighbors are armed. Let the FOP take a much needed 3 month vacation and let the bad guys do what they do unrestricted and maybe the lily livered liberal crowd might possibly get the picture.
I know this isn't the answer, but I am not exactly sure what the answer is.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cant nationalize LE overnight. EO to mobilize the NG after declaring martial law perhaps?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Maybe not by design, but "Never let a crisis go to waste" might come into play and Zeros minions might push him into such an act.  Martial law plus gun bans if not gun confiscation would probably not out of the question.

Which, if that happens begs to ask, "Will it be FO time?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

He may recognize the smoke of a fire starting, but wants to wait until he can justify sending in the whole fire department instead of just turning the hose on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another one today in Chicago area. I am about ready to say let the anarchy begin. I am armed, my family is armed, the majority of my friends are armed,my neighbors are armed. Let the FOP take a much needed 3 month vacation and let the bad guys do what they do unrestricted and maybe the lily livered liberal crowd might possibly get the picture.I know this isn't the answer, but I am not exactly sure what the answer is.

View Quote

I've been thinking this for years!! Turn the zulus zombies out and let's get it on!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]
In the broad sense there is not a lot of people getting killed -- but there is a 24 hours news cycle that needs to keep attention on itself.

In the narrow sense if I was a cop I would fear more for my safety.

Unfortunately this is a fucking text book example of what happens when you (figuratively and literally) don't discipline your kids!  They get emboldened to act out in ever increasing bad ways.  So we've hamstrung the police who now smile and wave and now "the children" keep pushing boundaries and think they can get away with murder -- and (from my understanding) random killings committed by people with the sense to keep their mouths shut are very hard to solve.

I think this is going to come to a head like little else has in the recent past.  OWS was a bunch of well-to-do bored and unemployed 'tards   This is different, this is violently anti social.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the primary goals of terrorism is to cause the target government to over react thus causing its population to rebel against it.
Another goal is to demonstrate to the population that its government is unable or unwilling to protect its citizens causing a loss of confidence in the government..

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Fact:

We have been under a "police state" for a while now....

300,000+ laws plus hundreds of thousands of regulatory guidelines.

And each department from State to Federal has armed officers to back them up at any time.

Even the Department of Education has a SWAT TEAM.

Of course I mean no disrespect to our law enforcement personnel. Simply pointing out facts.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone IM me when it's time to pop P-Mags and shoot faces. I'll be catching up on my soaps.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fact:

Of course I mean no disrespect to our law enforcement personnel. Simply pointing out facts.

View Quote

Except you used a lie.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama saying and doing nothing?

You sure about that OP?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Before people start running around screaming the sky is falling, do they even bother to check the statistics?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
If we continue to lose a cop per day to ambushes and assassinations, I see a new "Law Enforcement Protection Act" being shoved down our throats.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this is stupid even for this place.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama would rather go after the county clerk in KY than make a big deal about a few dead cops
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Except you used a lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact:

Except you used a lie.

It looks like they are called special agents, but to a lay person if they conduct raids, swat seems close enough.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oig/oigstatement.pdf
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Obama would rather go after the county clerk in KY than make a big deal about a few dead cops
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, he's busy renaming mountains in a hope that it will appease the Native Americans whom he promised a lot and completely ignored.  KY county clerk is next week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Except you used a lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact:

Except you used a lie.

I can only guess that GG had in mind the 2011 "student loan" raid in CA when he posted this particular comment. It certainly is the first thought I had when I read "Dept of Ed" and "SWAT" in the same sentence.

OIG, which is the law enforcement arm of US Dept of Education, certainly does have armed officers with full arrest powers. Whether they comprise a "SWAT" team or not is a semantical exercise IMO.

To OP's question: no, I don't believe that we're looking at the beginning of a situation where the White House seizes control over local LE operation and suspends BoR. I do, however, believe that most of the shootings of uniformed police officers that have transpired this summer are the result of the BLM shit that WH wholly encourages.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fact:Opinion:

Facts:

And each department from State to Federal has armed officers to back them up at any time.

View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dear Leader wants to replace you guys with his own force.  Federalizing police and more importantly a new policing force has been discussed by Obama as early as 2008.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If we continue to lose a cop per day to ambushes and assassinations, I see a new "Law Enforcement Protection Act" being shoved down our throats.

View Quote

Yep, Obama either gets a new venue of gun control or it plays out through BLM types as victims and the police get an Obama overhaul.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Fact:

View Quote
"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws".  - Ayn Rand
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

i don't think you know what a police state really is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact:

i don't think you know what a police state really is.

No, we do not live in a police state.

But, I do have concerns regarding in increasing regulatory burden and the increasing surveillance of everyday citizens.

So, while I disagree with GG's first statement, the next two do seem to be correct.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

THIS

Maybe not by design, but "Never let a crisis go to waste" might come into play and Zeros minions might push him into such an act.  Martial law plus gun bans if not gun confiscation would probably not out of the question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Logistically impossible and will only get more LEO's shot when they come collecting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#31]
The Stasi State started under Dubya with the Hiemat Sicherheitsdienst and the Act that created it.  Dear Leader Best Leader!  (shout it frequently and loudly)
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Logistically impossible and will only get more LEO's shot when they come collecting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Please, no one is going to go door to door collecting guns. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It looks like they are called special agents, but to a lay person if they conduct raids, swat seems close enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact:

Except you used a lie.

You have no clue, do you?

Serving a warrant has been done for some time. I am guessing you knew that, since we discuss the Constitution. The mere serving of a warrant does not make one a "SWAT" team. The article you are hanging your hat was proven to be false, as was the claim it was over student loans.

I have served 6 warrants this last week. Never drew a gun. Never used a flashbang. Never used a Bearcat. Never even wore a vest or helmet. Left the Mp-5 in the car. No handcuffs. And didn't shoot a dog. But, since these could be viewed as "raids", I am a SWAT team. Cool.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can hear Obama sitting in a group of his most intimate advisors saying those terrible words.."oh well"...and in this context they would be terrible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#35]
No Police State will happen from this. All that will happen is LE will further continue down the road of being less proactive. Between the issues of being thrown under the bus for taking action, the loss of community support, and the fact that every one wearing the badge wants to go home at the end of shift.... expect for crime to go up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Serving a warrant has been done for some time. I am guessing you knew that, since we discuss the Constitution. The mere serving of a warrant does not make one a "SWAT" team. The article you are hanging your hat was proven to be false, as was the claim it was over student loans.

I have served 6 warrants this last week. Never drew a gun. Never used a flashbang. Never used a Bearcat. Never even wore a vest or helmet. Left the Mp-5 in the car. No handcuffs. And didn't shoot a dog. But, since these could be viewed as "raids", I am a SWAT team. Cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact:

Except you used a lie.

Please excuse my ignorance, I didn't say they were the same, nor did I use any of the normal anti-leo phrases.

The link goes to the official statement by the DoE, not a news article.

Damn, everyone is so touchy lately.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#37]
as far as Obama is concerned his role is to do nothing.

the best outcome for the left is for lots more cops to be murdered, then extreme measures will have to be taken. then slowly the powers will expand till all the cops are under the federal umbrella.

the government will never get smaller if the job they were created for goes away they just come up with some make work and keep growing the budget.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#38]
NOW HEAR THIS!!!!!!
FBHO
THAT is all
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I've been thinking this for years!! Turn the zulus zombies out and let's get it on!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Another one today in Chicago area. I am about ready to say let the anarchy begin. I am armed, my family is armed, the majority of my friends are armed,my neighbors are armed. Let the FOP take a much needed 3 month vacation and let the bad guys do what they do unrestricted and maybe the lily livered liberal crowd might possibly get the picture.I know this isn't the answer, but I am not exactly sure what the answer is.

This.   I can use a change of scenery for a few months
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a war on the police, because the police have essentially declared war on people.

This really isn't that hard to figure out, but apparently the police are having a hard time.  They're the ones always going on about 'show me respect, I show you respect' bullshit.  The problem is that when you're a cop, and you go out of your way to treat everyone that you contact like a fucking criminal, of course they're going to hate your guts.  Of course they're going to despise you.

This is, frankly, the exact result that the police should have expected.  This is what happens when you raid 'pot shops' and eat the fucking merchandise and than claim that you should be immune from prosecution because you have a badge.  This is what happens when you setup seatbelt checkpoints and inconvenience people for no reason other than revenue generation.  This is what happens when you have a rifle stolen from a cop car and demand to search every car leaving the same parking lot, as happened in my town recently.  

When you basically spend years going out of your damn way to make people hate you, it shouldn't be an earth shattering revelation that they eventually end up hating you.  

Everyone that I've ever met hates being micro-managed, but that seems to be the M.O. of most police departments right now.  There are too many police trying to micro-manage too many things.  Reduce the number of police and let whomever is left concentrate on solving the ACTUAL crime happening in the community.  

This isn't anti-cop or anything of the sort - it's just fact that the harder you push to make everyone a common criminal, the more fed up people that don't trust you you're going to have.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#41]
What most folks don't understand that go down this federalized police rabbit hole is that we the police won't stand for it.
With the exception of some large city liberal appointees like that douche nozzle in DC we have been pushing back against the feds. They don't have the man power to pull it off, nor the nuts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]
lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll tell him to fuck right off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Jade Helm ring a bell?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fact:

Except you used a lie.

That's great that you say that, but at the same time you have to admit that police are having a public perception problem right now.

Nobody sees you out there doing your job without tasering the shit out of everyone, they only see the one guy who did taser the shit out of someone, and they react to visuals like that very negatively.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The police state started with the war on drugs.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or was it the Whiskey Rebellion? Or maybe the Alien and Sedition Acts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Fact:

View Quote
No, it doesn't.

I challenge you to prove they do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're pawns in a large game for him.

He doesn't care about their lives, he cares about using their lives to fit his agenda.  Just like everything else.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top