Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Assholes will keep killing cops, a citizen will shoot one of the assholes, asshole will have t shirts and memorials, citizen will go to prison and be vilified as a bigot and a racist.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Police State will happen from this. All that will happen is LE will further continue down the road of being less proactive. Between the issues of being thrown under the bus for taking action, the loss of community support, and the fact that every one wearing the badge wants to go home at the end of shift.... expect for crime to go up.
View Quote

Be less proactive, like filling up your gas tank?

That obviously doesn't stop somebody from walking up to you and executing you behind your back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fact:

We have been under a "police state" for a while now....

300,000+ laws plus hundreds of thousands of regulatory guidelines.

And each department from State to Federal has armed officers to back them up at any time.

Even the Department of Education has a SWAT TEAM.

View Quote

This.  And they will use them.

I blame Lincoln.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Removed as per Site Staff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not sure Obama cares as much about controlling the population as much as he does dividing and punishing it. Might not get so lucky with the next person.
View Quote

Yeah he's much more interested in killing an idea. A great experiment. He wants people to know it was him. For a long time. He's tired of apologizing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or was it the Whiskey Rebellion? Or maybe the Alien and Sedition Acts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With all the attacks on officers in the last week, what will the appropriate response be if the situation continues to escalate? A lot of people criticize Obama for saying and doing nothing. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying it's all happening by design, but where is this going to lead?

The police state started with the war on drugs.  

Or was it the Whiskey Rebellion? Or maybe the Alien and Sedition Acts.

I would not argue against that.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
*Insert joke or sacastic comment that may be misunderstood and reported here*
View Quote

The "New" Extorris is funny as hell.....but I miss the old one.

Free Extorris!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of the primary goals of terrorism is to cause the target government to over react thus causing its population to rebel against it.
Another goal is to demonstrate to the population that its government is unable or unwilling to protect its citizens causing a loss of confidence in the government..

View Quote

well you know when you name MB affiliated orgs as the SMEs to US LE agencies concerning Islam,  and when you try to define the Muslim Brotherhood as the moderates in DoS affairs with the Arab Spring revolutionaries, you've kind of have bucked the status quo.
Fundamental change.

#onlyblacklivesmatter
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
*Insert joke or sacastic comment that may be misunderstood and reported here*
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

THIS

Maybe not by design, but "Never let a crisis go to waste" might come into play and Zeros minions might push him into such an act.  Martial law plus gun bans if not gun confiscation would probably not out of the question.

Which, if that happens begs to ask, "Will it be FO time?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are worried about the govt. enacting more government, when the current leader refuses to show any sign about caring about the loss of the govt. agents lives?

Yep.. not going to happen under him. He is to busy trying to nationalize the policing industry. The killings are in direct contradiction that the police are the ones doing the killings of innocent people.  

Cant nationalize LE overnight. EO to mobilize the NG after declaring martial law perhaps?  

THIS

Maybe not by design, but "Never let a crisis go to waste" might come into play and Zeros minions might push him into such an act.  Martial law plus gun bans if not gun confiscation would probably not out of the question.

Abs-FO-lutely...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought this was a spinoff of Goatboy's thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think that anyone is saying that Zero isn't doing anything about it, I think everyone is saying that he is inflaming it ....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#13]
A police state begins with overweening federal power with a disregard for the consititution in general, the BoR in particular and the power of the states.

Toss in the notion that some DC Feds have that "It makes you safer, and because of that you're a moron to question our authority" and you've got the perfect scenario for birth of a police state.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have no clue, do you?

Serving a warrant has been done for some time. I am guessing you knew that, since we discuss the Constitution. The mere serving of a warrant does not make one a "SWAT" team. The article you are hanging your hat was proven to be false, as was the claim it was over student loans.

I have served 6 warrants this last week. Never drew a gun. Never used a flashbang. Never used a Bearcat. Never even wore a vest or helmet. Left the Mp-5 in the car. No handcuffs. And didn't shoot a dog. But, since these could be viewed as "raids", I am a SWAT team. Cool.
View Quote

Kudos to you.  I think SWAT is overused nowadays and the way you served a warrant is the way most warrants are to be served.

Has the definition of High Risk changed?  I know SWAT for warrant service was used for high risk cases where resistance was anticipated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isolated incident
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Please, no one is going to go door to door collecting guns. Not. Going. To. Happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

THIS

Logistically impossible and will only get more LEO's shot when they come collecting.

Please, no one is going to go door to door collecting guns. Not. Going. To. Happen.

They are smarter than that. Confiscations would give people something to unite against. The statists will get what they want by letting us squabble with each other while they slowly chip away.

They are playing a long game on guns. I'd be more worried about a "register or live under constant threat of prison" type situation like the guys in NY are dealing with.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hunting over your own bait.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Reason 7,987 why I love where I live.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A police state begins with overweening federal power with a disregard for the consititution in general, the BoR in particular and the power of the states.
Toss in the notion that some DC Feds have that "It makes you safer, and because of that you're a moron to question our authority" and you've got the perfect scenario for birth of a police state.

View Quote

It's kind of just a passive-aggressive Zersetzung thing right now. There's no midnight visits, then disappearance off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again thingy. So we got that going for us. We're more surveillance intimidation/ harassment than boot stomping face type. Could be worse....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#21]
THEY WILL ENACT MARSHALL'S LAW AND GET ALL THE JAKE HALM PARTICIPANTS TO ENFORCE IT!!! YOU JUST WATCH
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
THEY WILL ENACT MARSHALL'S LAW AND GET ALL THE JAKE HALM PARTICIPANTS TO ENFORCE IT!!! YOU JUST WATCH
View Quote

That must have been what those black Chinooks were up to the other day.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Extra pigmented Native Americans" is the preferred nomenclature.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]
there seems to be a retaliatory attack on police every few days. In my opinion the number and magnitude of attacks would have to pick up quite a bit from current level before much is done.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I happen to think this is some sort of move to beat the drums for gun control.

If you listen to jest people say, they will tell you exactly what they want.

BLM wants white people and cops to die...it looks like it's based in hate...but it's also based in waking up the rest of America to what is happening...black on black crime...in massive numbers...none knows or cares...some gay black dude kills a white  woman and cameraman...everyone flips their shit.

The people funding BLM want to force the majority to scream for gun control, even better would be if the majority lashed out in violence against the minority, then it gives the government cause to enact measures.

Yeah yeah, I know, my tinfoil is on...but BLM are the useful idiots, and their puppet masters are a scary lot.  

Start thinking in terms of a "dirty war" that is thinly veiled as a race war...it is not a race war...that is but the vehicle to get the party started.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The Police don't like interacting with people enough for there ever to be a "Police State".
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Police don't like interacting with people enough for there ever to be a "Police State".
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly why there will be a police state.  They'll all take over Minnesota or something and exile the residents to other states.  That way it's just a state full of police who never have to interact with regular people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Could you imagine how incompetent and corrupt a national police force would be given the type of people Obama would want to see on it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#31]
George Lucas warned us about this.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Could you imagine how incompetent and corrupt a national police force would be given the type of people Obama would want to see on it.
View Quote

You may be on to something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I gotta be honest - I kinda hate it when people throw "Police State" around, so casually. Some of you guys need to take a deep breath, take a few steps back, and reevaluate where you're at.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I gotta be honest - I kinda hate it when people throw "Police State" around, so casually. Some of you guys need to take a deep breath, take a few steps back, and reevaluate where you're at.
View Quote

Where are we? What are you saying?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#35]
OP should re-title this thread
COPS DIE!

*IT'S ALL ABOUT TAKING OUR GUNS*

Paranoid much
Ed

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There is a war on the police, because the police have essentially declared war on people.

This really isn't that hard to figure out, but apparently the police are having a hard time.  They're the ones always going on about 'show me respect, I show you respect' bullshit.  The problem is that when you're a cop, and you go out of your way to treat everyone that you contact like a fucking criminal, of course they're going to hate your guts.  Of course they're going to despise you.

This is, frankly, the exact result that the police should have expected.  This is what happens when you raid 'pot shops' and eat the fucking merchandise and than claim that you should be immune from prosecution because you have a badge.  This is what happens when you setup seatbelt checkpoints and inconvenience people for no reason other than revenue generation.  This is what happens when you have a rifle stolen from a cop car and demand to search every car leaving the same parking lot, as happened in my town recently.  

When you basically spend years going out of your damn way to make people hate you, it shouldn't be an earth shattering revelation that they eventually end up hating you.  

Everyone that I've ever met hates being micro-managed, but that seems to be the M.O. of most police departments right now.  There are too many police trying to micro-manage too many things.  Reduce the number of police and let whomever is left concentrate on solving the ACTUAL crime happening in the community.  

This isn't anti-cop or anything of the sort - it's just fact that the harder you push to make everyone a common criminal, the more fed up people that don't trust you you're going to have.  
View Quote

this 110%
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I say it is logistically impossible to do in a short timespan especially under the extremely inept obama admin.

They will probably just try to ban all guns again and fail miserably.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top