Dupity derp
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I love these videos.

I do have bad news for the Russians, their animation forces may be great, but in the end they are no better than their Speznaz with their judo flips while flinging knives HATCHETS,  they might make nifty videos but they are so outclassed it isn't even funny.

They have Speznaz, we have SEALS, Green Berets, Rangers and all kinds of fun guys who are better at making people dead in fun ways. When it comes to wild fictional videos, they have groovy quad copters generating teenagers with Macbooks, we have ILM and Dreamworks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The same was said about zeppelins.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#5]
looks like an ArmA nerd wet dream.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#6]
S.h.i.e.l.d is that you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like an idea that was thought up by a 12 year old.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like an idea that was thought up by a 12 year old.
View Quote

Looks like they're planning on getting WAY too close w/o any defenses up or active.  I like how all of their enemies are sitting there fat, dumb, and happy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The same was said about zeppelins.
View Quote

"What round for Zeppelins?" was asked.

"Incendiary" was answered.  

May these huge quadcopters have an over abundance of lift and may the blades of their rotors be even numbered.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#10]
They have a magic button to shut down all air defense radar too I suppose...lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#11]
You do realize that Freshy Fruit truck will be in the ditch right? "In Russia....truck ditches YOU!!!"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dupity derp
View Quote
I have not seen this.  I guess you think you provide some service by post "dupe" in threads but some of us do not spend our lives on this board, as you apparently do.  Your "dupe" posts are frankly annoying and juvenile.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like 0 human casualties.  must be the A team.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have not seen this.  I guess you think you provide some service by post "dupe" in threads but some of us do not spend our lives on this board, as you apparently do.  Your "dupe" posts are frankly annoying and juvenile.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dupity derp
Thanks for PM'ing me exactly the same thing This is the first time I recall ever saying "dupe" here.... calm down bro, maybe switch to decaf

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I love these videos.

I do have bad news for the Russians, their animation forces may be great, but in the end they are no better than their Speznaz with their judo flips while flinging knives, they might make nifty videos but they are so outclassed it isn't even funny.

They have Speznaz, we have SEALS, Green Berets, Rangers and all kinds of fun guys who are better at making people dead in fun ways. When it comes to wild fictional videos, they have groovy quad copters generating teenagers with Macbooks, we have ILM and Dreamworks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Now that was stupid.

Too much fuck in that one.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#17]
So much NOT.

Not going to get that close.
Not going to find a perfect flat field
Not going to find a perfect flat wide open field.

For the multi truck to build it's quad it will need a perfectly flat piece of land, what if there's a simple 2" change in elevation.

And what makes them think 60% of NATO will be on one base out in the open.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like 0 human casualties.  must be the A team.
View Quote

I came here to post that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#19]
So there isn't any fresh fruit at all? The wookie will not be pleased. What will schrool churren eat?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love these videos.

I do have bad news for the Russians, their animation forces may be great, but in the end they are no better than their Speznaz with their judo flips while flinging knives, they might make nifty videos but they are so outclassed it isn't even funny.

View Quote

Well they are good at killing everybody in movie theaters, bad guys and all the hostages, too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I see we've learned nothing since Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dupity derp

Well said
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#23]

That's so fake. The US hasn't had Aardvarks or Skyhawks in the inventory for years.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Uh, sure, we could try to automatically assemble huge quadcopters with radar cross sections as big as the Titanic for no good reason, or we could put nearly off the shelf vertical launch missile cells in semis.  Or, even more simply, a couple of decent mortar teams with balls.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#25]
If you look closely you can tell it's fake because the motorcycles didn't leave a trail in the grass. I always look for the small details so I get sucked into these sort of things.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]
There is a guy on youtube making twin ducted fan vectored thrust drones.

I could see those being upscaled into some cool shit.

https://youtu.be/ei7sfketv-w

pretty cool shit for an open source user.   Not an original idea but not all drones need to be stupid looking variations of quad/hex/octos.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
lol Russians
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Uh, sure, we could try to automatically assemble huge quadcopters with radar cross sections as big as the Titanic for no good reason, or we could put nearly off the shelf vertical launch missile cells in semis.  Or, even more simply, a couple of decent mortar teams with balls.
View Quote

Metalstorm mortar batteries were the coolest thing I ever saw as a theoretical idea.

Could program those for simultaneous impact and just 3 trailers with a 200-300 shot mortar battery could rain simultaneous devastation, firing from 3 seperate positions, on an area making a cluster bomb look tame.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Finally watched.

Would be a great Arma 3 mod....

Hell it probably IS an Arma 3 mod.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#30]
This game looks awesome. Whens the release date?

V
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love these videos.

View Quote

Said pretty damn well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Okay the first half is some russian wetdream but the second half is an ad for predators, were they just smushed together?
View Quote

Ever play Command And Conquer?

Ever play Red Alert or Red Alert 2?   Those cut scenes are very much in the style of the cinematography used in those old games.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is an Arma mod.

I love how after every built quad is about to be deployed the two gay lovers exit on their matching Mission Impossible sport bikes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

So the 'defending' force won't have sensors out to detect the sound or differing air pressure of the huge quadracopter?    No computer controlled SAMs or rail guns to take out that quad?    No satellite sensors to detect the controller in their area and take it out just as the quad gets it's first control signal?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#35]
If you can get that close to an air base, doesn't a dozen rounds of 155 mm do the exact same thing?  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Uh, guys, it has that dramatic-ass music, so yeah, . . it's totally possible. . .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]
What caliber is the big autoloader cannon?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Why do I feel like John or Jane camping at the next site over could knock one of those out of the sky with a .22?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Overly complicated.  If someone felt froggy enough to jump it would be cheaper to buy a tactical nuke, put it in a car then drive up to the base to blow it up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]
And then we develop an artillery shell with a spool of Kevlar cord inside that brings those down by tangling the rotors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top