Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 1:07:50 AM EDT
How do you rate him as governor?

Will you support his presidential campaign? Why or why not?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess he was at the same restaurant as me tonight...didn't know that until he was gone.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a governor, he's always been focused on running for president. He's better than what we had before, but I would Support Scott Walker over him any day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a governor, he's always been focused on running for president. He's better than what we had before, but I would Support Scott Walker over him any day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know!

Watching him on Hannity and he says all the right things. Has he actually accomplished anything as governor?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I shipped a few truckloads of cattle today and two of the drivers were from LA.  I asked them the same question and one said, "Hell, he never stayed in Louisiana long enough for any of us to get to know him."

So the comment about him running for president during his term seems fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
You should have seen the roaches scurrying for cover when he made them hand over their financial records.

The state  .gov employees don't like him, probably because he isn't spending tax money like it grows on trees.

The college crowd doesn't like him because he has deeply cut into the welfare payments for colleges in the state, causing tuition to go up.

He seems to believe that America is great and that Americans should be Americans, not hyphenated-Americans.

As with all politicians he is surely saying some of it for effect, but he has done fairly well in my opinion. Spend less, avoids tax increases, relatively few scandals associated with his admin.

I would say he is an A  or maybe A-, and would be an A+ but as mentioned above, he has spent some time campaigning. Then again, most politicians fuck up everything they touch, so maybe having my politicians in someone else's state isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
He's a good guy. His heart is in the right place and he genuinely loves the country. He has also been groomed, to a degree, by a sector of the Republican party for an eventual run at the white house. That has been going on for about 5 years now.

I firmly believe that he is the best candidate in the field but I might be biased.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#8]
He really does sound good in this interview.

From what little I know about him I share the view that he's been being groomed a bit for a few years.

I'd like some solid info on what he has passed or vetoed, or even things he supported that he couldn't get passed.

He seems genuine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:04:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He's a good guy. His heart is in the right place and he genuinely loves the country. He has also been groomed, to a degree, by a sector of the Republican party for an eventual run at the white house. That has been going on for about 5 years now.

I firmly believe that he is the best candidate in the field but I might be biased.

View Quote

Yeah well someone else on here called him a POS.
So there's that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't really know that much about him at all.
And Go Dodgers and Go Lakers
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#11]
When Trump wins in 2016 maybe he can have Jindal or Romney step in for Vice President.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:33:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When Trump wins in 2016 maybe he can have Jindal or Romney step in for Vice President.
View Quote

I'll take any combination of that as opposed to what we're facing.

And how sad does that sound to even have to say it?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
He's better than the one he replace is all I can say. He's been running for president since before he was governor. He has been incredibly naive about the way politics works since day one. He's topped out in his career.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good to know!

Watching him on Hannity and he says all the right things. Has he actually accomplished anything as governor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to know!

Well you have to remember he replaced Blanco, during Katrina she had a break down and had to give press conferences with Sister Mary holding her neck and working her like a puppet.

I graduated high school wth him but couldn't pick him out of a line up if my life depended on it till he ran for state house.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:53:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I graduated high school wth him but couldn't pick him out of a line up if my life depended on it till he ran for state house.
View Quote

Most of the "standouts" in my graduating class are now either settled comfortably in obscurity, or in prison.

I have a working theory that late bloomers tend to be the most spectacular bloomers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top