User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2015 12:21:22 AM EDT
like in '08 when Obama was elected?

Colt M4 for two grand?
AR mags at forty bucks?
Bushmasters lasting an hour on the shelf before being bought?

What do we think?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to bed, you're drunk.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Change title to "WHEN Hillary Gets Elected, there will be another panic."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe not to Sandy Hook levels as you indicated, but the salad days may come to a screeching halt.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep. An eight year panic.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going with yes.  

I won't be buying though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course there would be.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What do we think?
View Quote

I think calmly planning ahead over time (measured in years) is reasonable - and that planning to panic is just plain dumb.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
It all depends on what happens in Congress. If Hillary wins and the Dems take the House and Senate, then yeah, it will be the worst panic yet. If the Republicans can keep one of them, then it shouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep. I am waiting to turn a 100% profit on my stash of lowers and 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I think we should start speculating now and panic early.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep. I am waiting to turn a 100% profit on my stash of lowers and 30 round mags.
View Quote

This.

I did pretty damn good last time.

Fools.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Panic?  I don't know; I was thinking, maybe, some sort of severe depression instead.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#17]
You can count on it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#18]
House and congress make a bigger difference.  Mix another mass shooting with a Dem house, senate and presidency and you can say goodbye to "assault rifles."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course.....

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#20]
If she wins the primary things will be very different than they are now. If she wins the election, well fuck.
The only good news is that we've spent the last 8 years pumping out ARs, mags, and ammo at full capacity so at least there's more out there and more people have them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Hillary will not be the democrat nominee.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
There will be a panic BEFORE the election.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#23]
As an FFL, I certainly hope so . . .

Honestly, though, I believe Hillary is smarter than to turn the heat up on the gun control pot too much. My sense is that Bill C. got the message pretty clearly when the Democrats lost the House following the AWB in '94. Based on what I've read, I'd say that is a lifelong message for the Clintons. Yeah, it's OK to talk about guns a little bit just to rally the troops and raise some money but serious attempts to take away guns are a losing proposition politically.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
like in '08 when Obama was elected?

Colt M4 for two grand?
AR mags at forty bucks?
Bushmasters lasting an hour on the shelf before being bought?

What do we think?
View Quote

Ar mag for 40$? Lol, I saw single Pmags go for 100$ on ebay

And yes, there will be pandemonium.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who then?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]
If Hitlery even looks like she'll get elected there will be a big increase in buying....especially spare parts, stripped lowers, mags, and ammo.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#27]
OP, there will be a run on dictionaries, so you better get yours now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There will be a panic BEFORE the election.
View Quote

The way it's going wth all these insane shootings there will be.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#29]
The real fight has now moved to the state level. That's where the likes of Bloomberg are spending their anti-2A money.

State laws can be more retarded than federal laws ever could be given two decades of stalemate in DC.

You only need to look at NY, CT, and CO for recent examples.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
House and congress make a bigger difference.  Mix another mass shooting with a Dem house, senate and presidency and you can say goodbye to "assault rifles."
View Quote

There wouldn't need to be another mass shooting.

The Dumb-O-Crats have all already come out swinging that they need to ban "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines"...

name me one Democrat candidate or major "progressive" figure who is not wildly in favor of a permanent ban...

Make no mistake...

It is coming...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The real fight has now moved to the state level. That's where the likes of Bloomberg are spending their anti-2A money.

State laws can be more retarded than federal laws ever could be given two decades of stalemate in DC.

You only need to look at NY, CT, and CO for recent examples.
View Quote

This.

The "progressives" are looking to use their Gay Marriage method to get around the Federal Government to go bit by bit and bite by bite at the State level...

They will look for every opening high or low to advance their vision of "progress"
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#32]
In before the poll
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you selling yourself short?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Likely so.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Honestly, though, I believe Hillary is smarter than to turn the heat up on the gun control pot too much. My sense is that Bill C. got the message pretty clearly when the Democrats lost the House following the AWB in '94. Based on what I've read, I'd say that is a lifelong message for the Clintons. Yeah, it's OK to talk about guns a little bit just to rally the troops and raise some money but serious attempts to take away guns are a losing proposition politically.

View Quote

Not sure the previous paradigms apply any more....we just saw SCOTUS essentially violate their oath.

My instinct is that if Clinton gets elected she may go for a quantum leap of gun control...as in you get turn in the vast majority of them, maybe with some compensation or maybe not. I also think we'll see some type of Euro ammo arsenal law.....My uncle in Germany lost his guns for a year because his ammo log showed that he should have had something like 112 rounds of 9mm and he had about 150. This was discovered by the police during and unannounced weapons inspection at his home.

The BL is that the highest court has demonstrated that the Constitution is no longer the foundational benchmark....it's now social justice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Who then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who then?

My money is on Elizabeth Warren, but it could be some other messiah that they're holding in reserve. It certainly won't be Hillary. The democrats haven't yet solidified their hold on power to the point where they can simply hold a sham election, and that's what a Hillary nomination would be. North Koreans aren't enthusiastic about electing Kim Jong Un, and Iraqis were never enthusiastic about electing Saddam Hussein because these elections didn't give them a choice. Hillary's so-called inevitability means that democrat supports feel disenfranchised because she was selected for the; they had no say in the matter. If they don't have any say in the matter, they're not engaged in the political process, they'll have no enthusiasm or reason to actually get out and support her, and their voter turnout will be sharply impacted to the point where the electoral shenanigans necessary to ensure a victory won't be able to be plausibly denied.

She's a weak candidate, she has little or no grass-roots support, and engenders no enthusiasm from the democrat base. No one is excited about electing her. All she really has is the vagina vote, and a terribly weak hold on that due to her utter lack of charisma. She's an awful, awful candidate, and anyone capable of stealing the vag vote from her while simultaneously offering ANYTHING else will destroy her.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#37]
foaming at the mouth anti-gunner politicians, whats to be concerned about?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Everyone thought she was a shoe in for '08.

She isnt getting elected so I'm not worried.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#39]
OP, do you even know what an M4 is? Go back where you came from.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Assume nothing...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#41]
There will be a panic before Hilary gets elected.

The mere fact that she'll be the liberal candidate with a better than average chance of winning will be sufficient.

I'm thinking sometime around early/mid-summer of 2016.

The kicking off point will be when the "assault weapons" question gets asked of her during a debate/interview.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP, do you even know what an a M4 is? Go back where you came from.
View Quote

The indefinite article "an" is used with a singular noun beginning with a vowel.  In your question above the indefinite article "a" should have been used. Just thought I'd point that out to you while you were throwing rocks at the OP from your glass house
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#43]
If history is any guide, the voters will elect a Republican President this time.  Not since FDR has a party held the Presidency for more than two terms except when VP Bush got elected in 1988 and that was only because people thought he was a continuation of Reagan.  Nobody sees Hillary as the continuation of Obama and she's a lousy campaigner in her own right.  So, look for a Republican in the WH and no panic unless he has a change of heart.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I've got a shitload of AR mags and 15 rounders I'm hanging on to for specifically that purpose.

Money will go into a sock drawer and buy something nice after the panic ends.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#45]
A short answer is YES.  I have no need to panic and have about everything I want or need.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Were I a Dem bent on a federal gun ban this is how I would propose it.

Everything perceived as "evil" produced/owned up to the date of a ban would be grandfathered but no others could be sold to the public by manufactures or transferred/sold to others by current owners.

After all they know current gun owners are not a problem. Current gun owners could live out their lives surrounded by their EBRs, "hi-cap" mags, and such till they die and the antis would still win in the end.

When the Dems figure that tactic out we are in big trouble. It would be passed overnight with strong bi-partisan support.

Nobody ever accused the progressives of not taking the long view. Unless you have not been paying attention the progressives win at chess.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If history is any guide, the voters will elect a Republican President this time.  Not since FDR has a party held the Presidency for more than two terms except when VP Bush got elected in 1988 and that was only because people thought he was a continuation of Reagan.  Nobody sees Hillary as the continuation of Obama and she's a lousy campaigner in her own right.  So, look for a Republican in the WH and no panic unless he has a change of heart.
View Quote

Hope you're right..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Change title to "WHEN Hillary Gets Elected, there will be another panic."
View Quote

This....it is already decided.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The indefinite article "an" is used with a singular noun beginning with a vowel.  In your question above the indefinite article "a" should have been used. Just thought I'd point that out to you while you were throwing rocks at the OP from your glass house
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP, do you even know what an a M4 is? Go back where you came from.

I want, an harmonica

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Were I a Dem bent on a federal gun ban this is how I would propose it.

Everything perceived as "evil" produced/owned up to the date of a ban would be grandfathered but no others could be sold to the public by manufactures or transferred/sold to others by current owners.

After all they know current gun owners are not a problem. Current gun owners could live out their lives surrounded by their EBRs, "hi-cap" mags, and such till they die and the antis would still win in the end.

When the Dems figure that tactic out we are in big trouble. It would be passed overnight with strong bi-partisan support.

Nobody ever accused the progressives of not taking the long view. Unless you have not been paying attention the progressives win at chess.
View Quote

What suprises me is that" they" have not come up with a plan that allows you to have your guns, but you are taxed every year on each one you own.
Kind of like personal property and real estate tax.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top